Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2013, 21:31   #1
BHPian

Finally a BHPian

Hello Team-BHPians,

5 tries and no luck, felt like I was going into depression, however gave one more try and I got lucky, a big thank you to our moderators.

I was born and bought up in Bombay where I lived all my good life, moved to Bangalore for couple of years for work and then to USA, however after 6 years felt home is home and came back to settle in Bombay for good, I am an IT Infrastructure Consultant by profession and have been doing this from last 15 years.

I don’t exactly remember how and when I started liking automobiles but I do still have the first Hot Wheels car my dad gifted me, I was also lucky to have a few original ones mentioned below:-

1. Maruti Van - sometime in 1990's
2. Maruti 800 - (1997-2000)
3. Maruti Zen (2000-2003)
4. Hero Honda Splendor - (1999-2002)
5. Hero Honda CBZ - (2002 - 2005)
6. Tata Indigo (2003 - 2005)
7. Honda City AT (2005-2007)
8. Honda Accord AT (2007 - 2013)
9. All new Honda City AT (Currently own)

I also wish to own a SUV (thinking between a XUV and Fortuner) to explore length and breadth of India and also the off-roading bug that has recently bit me, not able to decide as there is lot of difference in both in terms of vitamin M and off-roading capabilities.

Apart from Automobiles and IT, I am learning a bit of photography.

Thank you and Have a good one!
pillaian is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th December 2013, 22:59   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Finally a BHPian

Welcome to the team!

All them Hondas :P
The only thing I say to every XUV vs Fortuner question, is Pajero Sport!

Cheers!
Old 10th December 2013, 15:33   #3
BHPian

Welcome aboard. Wishing you miles of happiness & since you got a thing for photography, expecting some nice travelogues from you. All the best
NST440 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2013, 12:24   #4
BHPian

Congratulations Pillaian!

Looks like you are a through and through Honda man.
Not long ago, I too was considering which SUV to get and I settled on an XUV, considering that I was getting the same or more features and experience, without the price tag of the fortuner. But then the Toyota vehicles generally have iron-hard reliability, so maybe a better choice for the longer term.
Good luck with choosing your ride and wish you many miles of fun-filled motoring.

Cheerio

VK
Old 11th December 2013, 17:34   #5
BHPian

Congrats & Welcome aboard!
Can see that you are permanently hooked on to some of my favourites.
ie; Petrol cars, Hondas & AT since 2005. Is this an addiction? Since, i got my first Honda City Gxi in 2004, got hooked on to Honda. Then when i got my next Honda City AT in 2010, got addicted to AT and now i hardly use any other car except in Emergency situations when I have a tendency to forget to use the clutch and gear! So while driving a MT, have to be fully alert to attend to clutch and gear. Looks like, it is an addiction and now wonder if i will ever be able to drive normally an MT. Please share your thoughts on the forum.
Old 12th December 2013, 09:41   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphadog View Post
Congratulations Pillaian!

Looks like you are a through and through Honda man.
Not long ago, I too was considering which SUV to get and I settled on an XUV, considering that I was getting the same or more features and experience, without the price tag of the fortuner. But then the Toyota vehicles generally have iron-hard reliability, so maybe a better choice for the longer term.
Good luck with choosing your ride and wish you many miles of fun-filled motoring.

Cheerio

VK
Thank you VK, I like Honda's for their entire package and reliability. If there would have been a proper SUV offering from Honda in India (like the pilot in US or their luxury brand Acura MDX) I would have jumped on it, however given the options we currently have in India and the price range, I am confused, I am hoping the niggles have been solved on the newer version of XUV, if thats taken care of then decision making can be a little easier, I see you have booked one, do let us know how it is coming along for you.
Old 12th December 2013, 10:14   #7

Welcome onboard pillaian!

Hope to see a lot of your trips and photography.
Old 12th December 2013, 10:38   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by philgrac View Post
Congrats & Welcome aboard!
Can see that you are permanently hooked on to some of my favourites.
ie; Petrol cars, Hondas & AT since 2005. Is this an addiction? Since, i got my first Honda City Gxi in 2004, got hooked on to Honda. Then when i got my next Honda City AT in 2010, got addicted to AT and now i hardly use any other car except in Emergency situations when I have a tendency to forget to use the clutch and gear! So while driving a MT, have to be fully alert to attend to clutch and gear. Looks like, it is an addiction and now wonder if i will ever be able to drive normally an MT. Please share your thoughts on the forum.
There is no addiction, its just the ease of driving an AT in a crowded city like Bombay, moreover my wife was used to driving an AT when we were in the states so we continue to have one here for her to drive around. I dont have that problem of forgetting to use cluth and gear, when I use a stick shift its perfectly fine with me.
pillaian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2013, 13:48   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillaian View Post
Thank you VK, I like Honda's for their entire package and reliability. If there would have been a proper SUV offering from Honda in India (like the pilot in US or their luxury brand Acura MDX) I would have jumped on it, however given the options we currently have in India and the price range, I am confused, I am hoping the niggles have been solved on the newer version of XUV, if thats taken care of then decision making can be a little easier, I see you have booked one, do let us know how it is coming along for you.
Hello pillaian,

I've been on the same boat as well trying a few times before finding success and here I am with my first post.

Coming to your confusion with the XUV5OO, I too was in a similar situation following the niggles thread on the forum from the time of its launch. Over time the niggles thread came fading down with posts. Post 2013 production cars have seen a lot of improvement on reliability.

Assuring words from fellow BHP'ians owning this beast made me decide to go ahead and own one. Been 20 days of ownership and trust me, its been a pleasure owning one.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks