Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2013, 13:23   #1

Automoti-vated, and how!

Hello team-bhp,

This is Automoti-vated here!

I am 34 years of age, working in the Organised Retail Sector, reside in Mumbai, married and my wife is a Counselling Psychologist with her own private practice.

Google played an important part in introducing me to the world of team-bhp and ever since its been an affair of sorts!

Keep discovering forum after forum, reading posts after post, happily swimming in the wealth of information around, and finally, i mean, finally find a set of like minded people who can continue to talk automobiles on and on and on...

I would be called the odd one in the family & friends circle, who always wants to know "how is your car/bike doing" apart from "how are you doing?"
Would remember the registration number of someone's car/bike long years after its been sold off.
And would still be the one, people remember to consult atleast "ek baar" for an opinion before making a car/bike purchase decision.

My first passion is motorcycles, followed by cars, followed by buses, trucks, trailers, customised vanity vans and the like..

My first bike was a Hero Honda Splendour, which my father brainwashed me into buying, at the age of 18, when i had been dreaming of (& bed wetting about ) owning the then "pocket rocket" Yamaha RX100 since the age of 14!!

Loved her, took care of her & Rode her (Pun unintended!) for 10 years, and when i could finally afford a new one on my own, sold her off to buy the Karizma R.

My colleague from work who accompanied me when i was selling my Splendour was at his wits end trying to understand why were my eyes moist, and why was i telling the new owner to take good care of her!

I ride my bike to office everyday, a commute of 50 kms to & fro, a time i look forward to everyday as a stress buster, "me time","free time", Strategy Formation time, Problem Solving time, Career Planning time, Life Planning time!
(You get the drift, don't you?!)

My other hobbies/Interests/Passion are Retail, Travel, Reading, Photography, Technology & Gadgets, Music (especially EDM), Working on Self Improvement (My Wife is a big help here) and Meeting new people, and this list is in no particular order.

I have purchased the new refreshed Micra CVT just 10 days back and its the first car that I have owned!
Its primarily a weekend ride and am super excited about it.

I look forward to interacting with you all, and hopefully contributing as well, to make the community richer!

Cheers!
Automoti-vated is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2013, 07:31   #2
BHPian

Welcome to the community !Hope you enjoy your stay here.
Where exactly do you stay in Mumbai ?
Old 22nd December 2013, 11:03   #3
BHPian

Re: Automoti-vated, and how!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automoti-vated View Post
I have purchased the new refreshed Micra CVT just 10 days back and its the first car that I have owned!
Looking forward for your initial ownership review. Is it a diesel or petrol variant. Provide some inputs about the driving experience and about the mileage factor once you done with the breaking IN.

Since Nissan Claims the CVT to be more smarter and mileage friendly than manual transmission, wanted to know first hand from you how it fairs in daily urban driving conditions.

Last edited by sriramr9 : 22nd December 2013 at 11:04.
Old 22nd December 2013, 14:07   #4

Re: Automoti-vated, and how!

Welcome to the forum, newbie here as well. I am also from the Retail sector.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed