Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2014, 01:49   #1
BHPian

My journey so far

Hello everybody & a very happy new year,

This is Chandrakant, from Bangalore. A complete bore which you’ll all soon find out

Thanks to the moderators for letting me in & making me realize that while it is easy to have been accessing the portal content, it is also important to understand and the care & efforts that have gone into making this community so special & unique in quality.

Curiosity hit me when I first saw the Team-bhp stickers on the road & immediately consulted professor google who advised me that I was going to have a gala time ahead of my journey which began only 3 decades ago.

Was inspired to be an Automobile engineer, but have ended as a Chartered Accountant. No point in repenting it & I enjoy my profession. Love any music which touches my soul, currently an Avicii fan.

New Year’s resolution is to finally allot some time to rekindle the passion for photography. Realized that I have become a dinosaur in the digital age, but thanks to my livelihood – hardly get the time.

Was fascinated by automobiles since childhood. Used to scare Mom by imitating the sound of a noisy bajaj auto or an enfield. Then when my vocal chords no longer supported me on this, my auditory system pitched in to identify the make of an automobile without actually looking at it. Mom used to be bewildered, but I used to assure her that it was the time spent on commutes to school, tuition, shopping, library, movies, doctors! etc that chipped in. (God, I hardly move nowadays)

First bike was in 2002, a Splendor, nice bike but gave me a permanent scar on right elbow & in my heart, was lucky to escape the accident. (someone talking to his friend, rammed into me!)

Then in 2008, lazy bones thought let Aviator do the clutch-gear antics amidst Bangalore’s traffic woes, but this time Mom also got involved in the accident trail. (completely my mistake)

So in 2012 my mind instructed to forgo the desire for the open air (is there any in Bangalore?), time to double the number of wheels on the ride. But was scared to drive a new car in Bangalore, cannot tolerate a scratch on my darling due to my ignorance. Boss helped me with his ‘99 Carb Zen. Since then have been able to get a grip on the road yet a Yamaha Fazer has already greeted me with a head-on collision while trying to impress his GF. Managed to save their life by bringing the Zen to a halt, they thanked me by discoloring my bumper completely.

Now “gearedup” for the longer journey ahead. Will upgrade shortly, but in absolutely no particular hurry considering my chequered history on roads

Best,
Gearedup.

Last edited by Rehaan : 2nd January 2014 at 16:31. Reason: Removing doubled paragraph spaces. Welcome aboard!
gearedup is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2014, 08:04   #2
BHPian

Re: My journey so far

Welcome to the family. Drive safe in your Zen and hope you don't meet another accident (already had enough of them). Take your time to hone the skills and upgrade when you feel comfortable.
Simhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2014, 11:37   #3
BHPian

Hi Chandrakant,

Nice write-up as an introduction! Welcome aboard! Wishing you safe drives in future

-Sam
samm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2014, 07:43   #4

Hello Chandrakant, I feel you. Bangalore traffic and the driving sense are really the worst I have faced (I really hope this doesn't hurt anyone's feelings). This comes out from a guy who learned how to drive in Indore MP, one of the worst states with pathetic road conditions. I have to keep my eye on all directions when I drive here. I really hope people start to enjoy their drive rather than just shift gears to reach from one place to another in lesser time :(

Hope to see you in the City meets, do check out other threads regarding the same.

Good day and a Happy & Prosperous New Year.

Last edited by GTO : 3rd January 2014 at 14:36. Reason: PM coming up
calypsoGT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2014, 17:22   #5
BHPian

Haha, nice write-up bro. Enjoyed reading it.
Its always good to start small and then upgrade as you gain experience. Nice that you had an old zen while you had a head-on collision. Talk about how much painful it would have been if it were a brand new car.
Welcome to the community. Enjoy your stay here.
Cheers
Car_Freak_911 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks