Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2014, 22:55   #1

Best New Year Gift

At last here I am. A proud member of Team-Bhp. Thanks a lot mods for letting me in, and I promise you wont repent!

How it all started?

Flash back:

Five years ago during my random surfing I bumped into Team-BHP and like most other folks immediately got hooked. After spending lots of time and gulping tons of information I decided to fill in membership form. Being a medical professional I was used to taking and passing all sorts of examination ( & after going through it, all of you may agree that getting accepted into Team-Bhp is no less than clearing CAT, GATE or ALL INDIA PMT). I was pretty confident I will pass with flying colours. But reality struck and I recieved a mail that 'your membership is rejected'! After 6 attempts, bruised ego and a bit depressed I gave up and settled for just being a good visitor.

Flash forward to present:

As a happy family man I have put on unbelievable (12 kg ) weight, and like all husbands I am successfully putting off my wifeys constant persuasion to be fit again. All this till December last week when wifey decides enough is enough. They say 'A road to mans heart goes via his stomach', similiarly after seeing the amount of time I spent on Team-BHP wifey knows ways of making me work. She declares that 'I will get you a membership on Team-BHP with condition that I have to listen to her thousands of demands with priority to decrease weight'. I boasted how inspite of trying 6 times I was rejected and how her filling up form is not going to help. But still it was worth a try. So with this understanding we both sat and filled Team-BHP form & surprise -surprise . Thanks to our beloved mods here I am! Now being a honourable Team- Bhpian I cant take my words back so its jogging time for me, this time though I am happy to fulfill the promise.

About me:

I am 34 yrs old, a doctor by profession balancing the act of earning bread n butter for family & at the same time making mark in profession.
I love trekking ( Not done for some years due to obvious reasons) & travelling to 'hatke' but beautiful spots. I also am a self-declared cook and love to experiment a lot in kitchen. I like reading science fiction and scientific philosophy. Michael Crichton and Carl Sagan being my favourite authors.

My aim:

Not soon but may be some years down the line buy a THUNDEBIRD 500/MAHINDRA THAR and roam like vagabond all across the country.

Why VIKINGTILLDEATH?

Viking is the name of spacecraft which incidently is the first man made object to leave our solar system into the infiniteness of space. Also engraved on it is a plaque which carries information about earth, humans and a tape which keeps on running songs from different languages spoken on earth.
Viking was originally a nomadic tribe which were explorers.
So for me it personifies spirit of adevnture, exploration and above all freedom.

What I intend to do?

Learn a lot from fellow Bhpians. Give my bit back to the community. And above all try hard to maintain the standard of our community as much as possible.

Thanks for patient reading. Regards

Note from Mod : Please use breaks between paragraphs (it eases readability), and ensure you use proper punctuation in your posts. Make sure you see THIS THREAD before continuing. Thanks.

Last edited by VIKINGTILLDEATH : 13th January 2014 at 12:45. Reason: Please take a look at the mod note that has been added to the end of your post.
VIKINGTILLDEATH is offline   (12) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 6th January 2014, 09:58   #2
BHPian

Re: Best New Year Gift ...from Wifey...

Welcome DR.VIking. Nice to see another Pune-BHpian. And you are one lucky Bhpian, were you wife got you the membership, unlike most of the members, were the WIFE / GF gets angry for the time given to TEAM-BHP.
Old 6th January 2014, 11:41   #3
BHPian

Interesting introduction VIKINGTILLDEATH! Welcome to the forum and hope you have a memorable stay here.

Curious for some information on your current drives.

Hope to see you in one of the "Tapri" meets. There is one being planned for in Jan'14.
Old 6th January 2014, 12:12   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritzvxi View Post
Interesting introduction VIKINGTILLDEATH! Welcome to the forum and hope you have a memorable stay here.

Curious for some information on your current drives.

Hope to see you in one of the "Tapri" meets. There is one being planned for in Jan'14.
Hijacking this thread, but lets have a TAPRI meet in Kothrud on the new DP road, its a good stretch with ample parking space and if someone plans to stay a bit late after 11 pm, you can burn some rubber as well.
KaandBaaz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2014, 16:58   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaandBaaz View Post
Hijacking this thread, but lets have a TAPRI meet in Kothrud on the new DP road, its a good stretch with ample parking space and if someone plans to stay a bit late after 11 pm, you can burn some rubber as well.
No need of hijacking "KaandBaaz" (one of the most kick-ass handles on the forum, man I love it). Here is the page for all the suggestions and comments for Pune meets, Next Tapri meet - UPDATE: Morning drive on Saturday 11th Jan '14

Hopefully, see you there as well!
Old 6th January 2014, 17:07   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Rather violent handle for a trek-loving doctor, no? Welcome aboard and glad to have another Punekar on board. Be sure to visit the tapri thread (link in previous post) where other Pune residents hang out. I believe there is a drive meet scheduled this weekend- may be a good opportunity for you to meet up with the regulars.

Looking forward to some good threads from you.

PS: "Thanks for patient reading"- was that a pun? Nicely done, doc!
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2014, 17:26   #7
Team-BHP Support

Welcome Doc!

As a history buff I have a small protest though. Viking is not the name of some nomadic tribe. Whenever Danes went raiding, they called that activity "going viking". And their victims called them Vikings. Not sure which came first.

Bernard Cornwell's historic Saxon Stories series covers Viking activities extensively.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Saxon_Stories
Old 6th January 2014, 17:47   #8

@ RitzVxi ,noopster & KaandBaaz: Lookin forward to meet fellow BHPians
@Samurai: Thanx for that information. Actually I liked the name because of the spacecraft which was named as "Viking" . It was named so because it was supposed to leave our solar system . (Going viking out in space :-) )
VIKINGTILLDEATH is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th January 2014, 17:28   #9
BHPian

Welcome on board Sir!

You reminded me my team bhp approval, took help from one of my professors in my case (Even that dint work that time :-))

Finally utilized my spare time and eventually got the approval.

Wish you a nice time on board doc saab!

Keep revving!
Old 8th January 2014, 14:28   #10
BHPian

Very warm welcome Dr. Viking. It will be great to see some posts from you on your driving experiences as well as weight losing programme

All the Best!!!
Old 8th January 2014, 17:06   #11
BHPian

Hi doctor, welcome to the forum. Not want to nitpick, but as per my understanding it's the Voyager probe (1&2) which has/about to leave our solar system with the "golden record". Anyways have a nice time.
Old 8th January 2014, 21:08   #12

@rajivr.Ooops. You are absolutely right.Well I forgot I am in company of perfectionists.Yup its Voyager. Just checked it.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed