Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2014, 10:36   #16

Re: Introducing myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashanka View Post
Hello tsangchokla,
I was pleasantly surprised to read your reply to my introductory post. Yes I have of course heard of the Bhangarh fort and the legends associated with it. I am certainly interested in visiting the place and would like to get more information from you, possibly this summer.
We had made a trip to the Sunderbans tiger habitat earlier this year and aside from the fact that our luck was out and we did not spot a tiger ! - we did here from the guide that one of the spots that we visited (where a tiger attack earlier on a fishing boat had resulted in casualties) had earned a bad reputation for being haunted !

Thanks again,
Shashanka
Dear Sir,

Nice to see your posts and discourse started on the topic. Am a total novice in the domain of para-normal activities though had a few encounters of the "other-types" during my professional tour of duty - something similar to your professional calling.

Coming to the info you have sought on Bhangarh, I would like to start with saying that 80% of the info/data/footage that one can source from the open domain(s) like google, youtube etc are extremely misleading and incorrect prone to interpretations in a hyped state of imagination. I am presently located close to Bhangarh and often have to travel through the area including at night times (though I must confess - never alone and always in company of more than 10 persons). The most interesting aspect of Bhangarh are its local myths (yes - there are a number of them and each is claimed the "most authentic"). The very construction of the Fort-City alongwith its suburban hamlets are a unique feature of the region quite unlike the Mughal inspired ones around it at say Bharatpur, Dausa, Lalsot or even Jaipur.

As far as the issue of the place being the "most haunted" place in the country is concerned - I doubt if anybody can actually give an authentic or definitive answer. However, I have a feeling that the locational typicality of the Fort-City combined with the natural phenomenons like wind drafts specially in summers, the frequent sand storms and the play of various night lights (astronomical) renders a very exceptional and matchless hue of wonder and YES eeriness to the whole area.

There is a famous lore of a "ghost fair" taking place during a particular time of the year with musics and lights evident from the Fort-City. A recent study conducted by ASI found out that the whole experience is basically a fall-out of a mirage effect from another local fair that takes place about 15 km away in a nearby group of villages.

However, its not my intention to initiate a diatribe against paranormal studies or interests. I am sure, extensively read people like you would have a much better and informed experience of places like Bhangarh - which is why would like to goad you to visit the place.

Reaching Bhangarh is extremely easy. It is about 2 hours of relaxed driving on extremely good roads from Jaipur (taking it as the main node of departure for you) along NH 11. One can easily pack in Bharatpur, Sawai Madhopur (Ranthambore), Sariska, Alwar and Agra in the itinerary.

There are a couple of decent places to stay at Alwar which is the closest city to Bhangarh.

Hope the inputs are of some help to you. Would gladly contribute more if required.

Reagrds

PS: Would really appreciate some inputs from you on your trip to Sunderbans. Am moving out to that part of the country very soon and the Sunderbans are definitely on my agenda.
Old 12th February 2014, 12:50   #17
BANNED

Re: Introducing myself

Hello Gokrish,
Thanks for the welcome and the suggestion to start a separate thread. To be honest I mentioned my interest only as part of the introduction and I had no idea that it start a discussion. I usually keep my interest - in the paranormal - to myself as I dont enjoy getting into long drawn discussions on the subject. This is because the subject is itself very controversial and one draws one's conclusions after due diligence and consideration, I find it tiresome trying to justify my beliefs or trying to change another's point of view.

But being a dyed-in-the-wool car buff, I hope to stick to that subject and benefit from the camraderie of this forum.

Best regards,
Shashanka
Closed Thread

Most Viewed