Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2014, 18:56   #1
BHPian

Hello Everyone!!!

Hello BHPians,

Greetings!!!

I introduce myself as Swroop Singh, hailing from Delhi, but is staying away from it since last 9 years because of work. I have found a home away from home in Chennai and is settled here since last 4 years. Love its calm-ness, love its peace, and love its people.

Have ridden my trusted partner Bajaj Pulsar 150(2002) for the last 12 years scaling close to 1.3L kms, importantly never ever meeting with an accident. Not even a scratch. Family owned a Maruti Swift LDI 2008, but I never got to drive it since I was visiting the family for shorter periods during time-offs from work. Work took me to different places and I never got a chance to settle at a single place long enough and hence never owned a car or even learned driving as all the time I was being carried in cabs :(

But now time has come for me to own a new drive and with it comes a lot of questions and queries and hence Team BHP forum. Although I was reading the forum for close to a year or so, I never required to join it and also never knew there would be rejections as well. That was strange, but I got the approval on my second attempt.

Right now, I have booked a Honda Amaze SX-MT and awaiting its delivery.

I know I will be benefitting from the forum, but hope I can also help someone out there as well.

Warm Regards,
Swroop
gurminder_81 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th February 2014, 14:49   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hello Everyone!!!

Welcome Swroop. 1.3 lakh kms without a single incident speaks volumes of your safe riding habits

Congrats on the Amaze. Hope you've conditioned your driving hands on an older car, before getting behind the wheel of a brand new one.

Hope to bump into you on an interesting thread.
Old 14th February 2014, 12:12   #3
BHPian

Thanks GTO. I have learned driving from Maruti Driving School, and after 10 days of training got the Amaze delivered this Tuesday

I am restricting myself to city driving for now, cruising always at speeds less than 60 and carefully avoiding bikers, and pedestrians and animals.

I am compiling my review of Amaze right from the start: will definitely post it out soon.
Old 15th February 2014, 23:35   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurminder_81 View Post
Hello BHPians,
Have ridden my trusted partner Bajaj Pulsar 150(2002) for the last 12 years scaling close to 1.3L kms, importantly never ever meeting with an accident. Not even a scratch.
Swroop
Welcome Swroop, Congrats on booking the Amaze.
Please share details of your success story. I have lost count of accidents in my humble 1 Lakh Kms. Most of your driving done in Chennai?
Old 16th February 2014, 15:16   #5
BHPian

Thanks gearedup. Will surely share the Amaze story pretty soon. It is still in the making. I have been driving in Delhi(4 yrs), Bangalore(4.5 yrs) and Chennai(4+ yrs now) and nearby places around them. Some times I have been plain lucky to avoid accidents and at other times it has been my relaxed drive: I have witnessed a couple of close accidents and it has happened that the guy who overtook me is the one who met with it. I could have been easily in their place lying on the road but has always been in safe place at the right time. I hope it continues like this
Old 16th February 2014, 20:19   #6
BHPian

Welcome Swaroop,

Great to hear from you and to hear that you have done 1.3L on a 2 wheeler without an accident tells a lot about your safety standards!

Keep it up and I hope you enjoy your Amaze.Good car as well.

Take care and Hope to meet you when in chennai or thereabouts or in some forum as well.

Cheers!

Drive Safe, Stay Safe and God Bless!
Old 19th February 2014, 23:32   #7
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on your new car, and also on getting the membership!
So, your name is Swroop but your handle is Gurminder? Whats the story there?
Old 21st February 2014, 13:58   #8
BHPian

Thanks for the wishes amitoj, sashi63. Yes, I'm enjoying the Amaze to the fullest.
No story for the name. Its just another name that I have been using in the virtual world
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks