Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2014, 12:49   #1
BHPian

Oh Druid, fix me my potion

Hola ! The fans of René Goscinny's work under the 'Asterix' series can connect with title of this post quickly. For the uninitiated, it's a comic series (not 'animation', right?) with the theme of Gauls fighting against Romans in the times of Ancient Rome. The Gauls credit their victory to a 'magic potion' which makes them invincible. Team-Bhp, to me, is like that magic potion. Hello folks, I am Yadu. And I know most of you (by your screen names, of course) since I have been worshiping this website for years now.

I have been a motor enthusiast (not a geek or a nerd mind you, an enthusiast) since forever. I contributed heavily to then-fledgling auto magazine business, when they sold them 15 bucks a pop and with content even thinner. I have driven across length of North India and areas around Bombay, extensively. I love driving so much that my vacations revolve around car rentals and driving experiences. I have driven in Europe (even got my rental car nicked), India and in southern hemisphere (NZ). There are many stories, anecdotes, experiences and questions that I hope to share with you, my friends over the course of..umm..rest of our lives? I guess so.

See you all around. Cheers, Y.

p.s. It feels surreal posting this on team-bhp because I never thought that I would. After all, what's the point. I get all the information I need by lurking in shadows and admiring from a distance. But I guess never say never. I decided it was time for a two way interaction, and I am glad the mods agreed to accept my application.
Vitalstatistiks is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st February 2014, 13:23   #2
BHPian

Re: Oh Druid, fix me my potion

Welcome to Team BHP. So, now that the gaul has his potion, we should see some logs of his journeys across the globe.
Divya Sharan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2014, 13:27   #3
BHPian

Vitalstatistix:

Welcome on board. The Asterix connect was perfect for me. While I am no Getafix, there are great druids in the team bhp village, who will fix you the best available potion of automotive knowledge. The knowledge that flows from this legion is great and will come in handy to fight many auto related queries.

Hope you will quench your thirst with the best potions of knowledge on anything automotive here on t bhp.

Reg
jnpai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2014, 13:54   #4
BHPian

Many thanks @DivyaSharan and @jnpai ! I felt extremely kicked with someone replying to my intro post. Thanks you for warm welcome.

@DivyaSharan I will try to do my best, though I am no Yeti (may he continue to smile upon us from the better place)

@jnpai Yessir, team-bhp is indeed the magic potion for people like us, lifting our sapped minds and making a day go by a bit better. I hope to gain even further from this experience by interaction with esteemed members.
Vitalstatistiks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st February 2014, 20:33   #5
BHPian

Welcome Chief!

This forum is not a peaceful little village which we know so well but I'm sure you will find many who fell into the cauldron of cars when they were babies. Hope we'll see more of you in the coming days (me? I'm like Dogmatix.. hanging around...).

Still looking for a good profile picture in Uderzo's works?
drivingme.crazy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2014, 12:01   #6
Senior - BHPian

That was a wonderful intro. Welcome. So now it is time for the "Vitalstatistix and the ..." series of adventures
mallumowgli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2014, 13:04   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitalstatistiks View Post
See you all around. Cheers, Y.
Welcome to Team-BHP! May your shield bearers never go on strike and may the sky never fall on your head!

Cheers,
Vikram
comfortablynumb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2014, 18:10   #8
BHPian

Thanks all, for such a warm welcome. I look forward to my (even more) time on T-Bhp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivingme.crazy View Post
Welcome Chief!

Still looking for a good profile picture in Uderzo's works?
I have something in mind, but strangely not being able to upload the picture. Maybe it has something to do with office server.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks