Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2014, 17:36   #1

Finally!! Phew!!

Is this is the 3rd attempt or the 4th attempt that has got me to cross the line!! Wow! This was tough. Tougher than some of the other examinations I have faced and passed, for sure. Final attempt had me taking out time to draft and re-draft my written responses lest TBHP cold shoulder me again! Finally some love from the moderators here. Just from the sheer excitement I felt when I saw the approval mail to join TBHP, I shared the great news with all my colleagues within earshot immediately!

For me, it all began about one and half dozen years back when i rode my mom’s (chal meri) Luna, on the sly. This was followed by honing my skills on the ubiquitous Bajaj Super, my dad’s ride. Being an army man, my dad took his sweet time to get his 1st car, no prizes for guessing, the M800, which btw, just celebrated her 20th birthday, still in our garage, this last Republic Day! I remember how I was given the hopes of being able to own my own bicycles, motorcycle etc at various stages of my schooling, if only I score high marks and a certain percentage! It was never for a lack of my marks that I did not own my first piece of motor until after graduation from college; oh the wonderful carrot and stick middle class parenting of our times!

Enfield Thunderbird, my first ride, my first love. Still around with me. A lot of unfulfilled dreams we have seen together. Need to really take out time from Life and get on with my Life! Am sure the soul of my motorcycle curses me every day when I take it through the same dull and dreary routine of office and back. We have certainly had our share of adventures, my oh my. This love actually gave a burn to my other love on my very first date with the other one. Now that’s called protecting one’s partner. If only I paid heed to the advice!

Got my first car a few years back, as a gift for the old man, because he was, actually still is, so stubbornly loyal to his M800, that he wouldn’t even dream of being unfaithful enough to even think about buying a new one let alone doing something about it.

And lastly, I hope to be a proud owner of a Duster within a few weeks, booked and all; need to get the financing in place and other stuff. Will certainly keep the forum here updated of all my experiences.

This has been by little story. Throughout the last 6 years, TBHP has been a constant partner in all my decision making on cars, adventures, trips, technical stuff, shoes, news, insurance, loans, etc. you name it. The contribution has been immense and I can’t thank all the TBHPians enough who have unknowingly helped me a lot.

There were two reasons to become a TBHPian – (i) to be able to contribute and share my stories and experiences; (ii) I knew I had to have those TBHP key chains the moment I saw them, which I promised to myself I’d buy only after becoming a member.

Thank you for enrolling me in the ranks.

Finally a TBHPian, hope to see you inside!
jaywhy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2014, 19:01   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Finally!! Phew!!

Hi mate, Welcome to the family of automotive czars. Indeed a pleasure to have you on board with us and we surely hope that your valuable views and ideas shall enlighten us and take this forum to higher levels of success.

Thanks

AD
ad3952n is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2014, 06:39   #3
BHPian

Hey jaywhy,

Welcome to the forum. I am sure you will enjoy your stay here .

nIk

Last edited by nik0502 : 24th February 2014 at 06:41.
nik0502 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2014, 18:07   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad3952n View Post
Hi mate, Welcome to the family of automotive czars. Indeed a pleasure to have you on board with us and we surely hope that your valuable views and ideas shall enlighten us and take this forum to higher levels of success.

Thanks

AD
Thanks ad3952n, can't really hope to teach a lot, just add my own perspective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik0502 View Post
Hey jaywhy,

Welcome to the forum. I am sure you will enjoy your stay here .

nIk
thanks nik0502, you have no idea. surely my boss has to be feeling the drop in productivity!
Old 7th March 2014, 19:26   #5

Warm welcome Jaywhy!!

Tell me more about your ThunderBird
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks