Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2014, 16:59   #1

Hello All

Hello Everybody,

My name is Prakash from Chennai. I have been following Team BHP for years now but did not become a member. I am 34 working for TVS in their Housing vertical as Head Marketing and Consumer insights. This is my first post and I am excited to be part of Team BHP forum. I started driving in the US back in 2002 where I learnt driving in an Automatic. I was not a Stickshift fan as i was not confident of handling 3 pedals and a gear while driving . I always felt it was lot of labor for moving an automobile. Since then I came back to India, went through a bumpy ride and I after years of Deliberation decided to buy a car in 2011. Since I was to drive in India for the first time, many so called expert friends of mine suggested that Stick shift is the one that makes more sense. Hence I enrolled myself in a driving school and drove around in a school car. I wanted to buy a car in which I can tune my driving skills. After looking at various options bought an Alto K10 VXI in 2011 Nov. The car was easy to drive and had an amazing power to weight ratio that made it zippy. In 2 yrs the K10 has done about 45,000kms, recently the fan unit had worn out and had to change it, other wise K10 is a Gem, very reliable. Recently I have purchased a Honda City Diesel SVMT. I am planning to either give the k10 to wifey or buy her a Celerio cos she too finds the stick shift grind a bit difficult. Consider her stress levels at job, I would rather give her an Autoshift/Automatic, Any recommendations from the experts on this? Any automatic cheaper than Celerio?
kashmonyklik is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th February 2014, 17:38   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Hello All

Hi kashmonyklik

Welcome to the family.

Hope you have a fantastic time around in the team.
Asking for opinion about celerio in the introduction post is a bit out of place.

There's a very well placed thread for that.

Happy motoring
Old 25th February 2014, 21:38   #3
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hello All

Hi Prakash, Indeed a pleasure to have you on-board tbhp. I hope you will get intellectual insights with the volumes of valuable automotive matter being posted here by the members. Looking forward for the initial ownership review of your Honda City.

Thanks

AD
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks