Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2014, 16:04   #1
BHPian

Excited to be onboard for learning & sharing!

Hi everybody,

For the past 4 years, my automotive life has been on an evolutionary journey with Team-BHP.

I am an ex-army officer and right now, I am on a sabbatical to pursue MS in US.

Although, it has always been a pleasure to read TEAM-BHP as a great stress buster and invigorating feel, the thought to become a member became pervasive when I realized that seniors have made me do a lot of travelogues, reviews and DIY activities.

I felt I need to share my experiences and also become more authentic with TEAM-BHP certification. For me, it is like PMP in the automotive domain.

I am an avid road tripper. I have done numerous cross country rides on my TBTS. One of my favorites would be weekend rides to Srinagar, J&K from Delhi in about 15 hours one way.

In addition, I have driven on GQ, covered Northeast to some extent and almost the entire North and Central India. All these trips were planned for the thrill of driving the machine and enjoy that harmony. My family hates me for being in love with my machines so much though!

For me, the journey is always more important than the destination. On my overnight Leh expedition in my humble Alto, I enjoyed more during that cold night drive than the tourist town of Leh itself.

I love to follow technology trends beyond automotive domain and have philanthropic interest in education sector, particularly for K-12 section.

Hope this is useful introduction for members to begin with.

Regards

Himanshu
bhardwhu is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th March 2014, 17:21   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Excited to be onboard for learning & sharing!

Welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhardwhu View Post
I am an ex-army officer and right now, I am on a sabbatical to pursue MS in US.
Sweet, what school & major? Enjoy these days, man. I'd give anything to relive the 2 years I spent in Boston.

Quote:
In addition, I have driven on GQ, covered Northeast to some extent and almost the entire North and Central India.
Hope you've been click-happy and we can expect some travelogues?

See if you can buy a used car in the States. Plenty of good, reliable examples for $3,000 or so. Greatly improves the quality of life as a student.

Good luck studying
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2014, 01:41   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Welcome

Sweet, what school & major? Enjoy these days, man. I'd give anything to relive the 2 years I spent in Boston.

Hope you've been click-happy and we can expect some travelogues?

Good luck studying
Thanks GTO.

Its MS- IS at UC and an almost an entire switch to IT at this juncture!

I am enthused to share my travelogues but since many of them were without clicks - I do not know whether I should share the ones which do not have pictures.

The ones with pictures and the upcoming ones will surely be here soon - now the TEAM-BHP has accepted me.

Just to update you - yesterday people looked at me in amazement when they got to know I have been accepted here - made me feel great!

Regards.
bhardwhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2014, 03:51   #4
BHPian

I am also curious to know if I can start a new thread about purchasing a new motorcycle in US.

I am a rider at heart and wish to get a motorcycle here in US which can serve my office commute(weather permitting) and also serve my long distance riding needs.

Please suggest if I need to start a new thread or there does exist something on those lines.

Regards
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks