Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2004, 18:41   #1
Senior - BHPian

hi guys,
i work in mumbai and am a telecom engineer.i have always been interested in cars cars and cars.
i have been always looking for an xcuse to go on a long drive.
i have done mumbai mangalore drives alone in my car .just to drive on the superb ankola road.
presently i have a mpfi zen on steroids.

vrooooooooooooooom,
speedsatya
Old 19th May 2004, 18:56   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Hey Satya,

Welcome home to Team-BHP. The Zen mpfi is quite a stormer eh? I have driven a members example (Revvmasters) literally catching the racing line all through the seaface. Amazing little machine. Any modifications in particular?

GTO
Old 20th May 2004, 02:01   #3
Senior - BHPian

hi,
my modifications are limited .
i have a free flow exhaust from panchal automobiles in mumbai where ajay mhapsekar is the best one can get in mumbai.
also i have a k&n filter.
i had beru 4-point plugs,but the performance got affected so now i am using the normal plugs.
i am on the lookout for iridium or platinum plugs .
nxt in line is an upgrade to 155/65r13 tubeless with alloy rims as anything wider will foul with the body.

speedsatya
Old 20th May 2004, 03:10   #4
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to Team bhp Satya

W ara having a meet on Sunday evening ...youre more than welcome to join us . See this link for details

Meet link

Have fun

Cheers
Old 19th July 2004, 02:09   #5
Senior - BHPian

Guys ,
me just back to mumbai and guess wat .
me taking a break and going on my favourite roads---mumbai pune expressway,the satara road,
and then the main one nh63ankola road and the mangalore udipi road.
for a change i am going in a volvo bus and u no wat i have got my favourite seat ,the first window seat on the LHS,so am gonna make sure that the driver does not sleep by staying awake all nite.wud try to patao the driver to maybe gimme to reverse the bus,i know its impossible ,but wud try. .had done that ina normal leyland bus previously.
so guys speedsatya is gonna have a blast.
Old 19th July 2004, 02:11   #6
Senior - BHPian

any t-bhpians in mangalore,we can meet.pls pm me between 20th and 23rd july

satya
Old 19th July 2004, 11:39   #7
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]for a change i am going in a volvo bus and u no wat i have got my favourite seat ,the first window seat on the LHS
A better seat will be in the drivers cabin. Frankly speaking, thats the best place to be. 180 degree view of the whole journey. Only problem though it doesnt have an a/c. But who cares......with 100kmph "wind in your hair" who needs an a/c.
Old 19th July 2004, 15:52   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (v12 @ July 19 2004,10:09)]A better seat will be in the drivers cabin. Frankly speaking, thats the best place to be. 180 degree view of the whole journey. Only problem though it doesnt have an a/c. But who cares......with 100kmph "wind in your hair" who needs an a/c.
V12,

a volvo bus doesn't have a "separate" driver's cabin as in an conventional bus...the driver cubicle is integrated with the passenger area so the driver too enjoys the a/c

satya,

have a blast mann...i too occupied the same seat a couple of months back while returning from kolhapur to mumbai via the expressway ...most probably in the night , the driver will pull the curtains on both sides so that the passengers are not bothered by the lights of the oncoming traffic..so u'll have to convince him so that he dosn't spoil ur fun...my trip was quite eventful actually..in the middle of the night the driver of the volvo picked up a fight with an unruly truck driver who scratched the volvo's LH mirror and so our man overtook the truck and parked the bus at an angel in the middle of the expressway ( blocking 2 outta 3 lanes) inorder to teach that trucker a lesson....when the smart trucker pulled out sheepishly outta the 3rd lane which was available, our man got down with a big wooden rod in his hands and ran and literally climbed into the passenger cabin of the truck from the cleaner's side ...the truck still moved on for about 50 metres before it came to a halt...meanwhile the rest of the traffic blocked behind our bus on the expressway was furiously honking coz they didn't have a clue about what was going on...then after about 7 to 8 mins our man got down from the truck climbed onto his seat in the volvo and drove off....all this drama happened while the rest of the passengers of the bus were peacefully sleeping in the middle of the night...when i asked as to what happened to make him so furious ?? he replied saying that each mirror of the volvo costed about 16 to 17,000 bucks and hence he wanted to teach the trucker a lesson....

So much of a mirror i thought... unfortunately if any other speeding vehicle would've hit the bus parked like that in the middle of the expressway at night, the consequencies would've been terrible...but sadly this is the fate of most of the drivers in our country...sigh !!!

~A
Old 19th July 2004, 20:12   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

hey aditya
that mustve been intresting to see.
man the mirrors must be damn expensive.
16 - 17k aint no jokin matter
Old 19th July 2004, 23:13   #10
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (speedsatya @ July 19 2004,00:39)]wud try to patao the driver to maybe gimme to reverse the bus,i know its impossible ,but wud try. .had done that ina normal leyland bus previously.
Dude, you'd better take Stratos with you. He's a super lover of heavy vehicles, especially Volvos.
Have a good time.
Old 19th July 2004, 23:54   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Aditya @ July 19 2004,21:43)]Dude, you'd better take Stratos with you. He's a super lover of heavy vehicles, especially Volvos. .
U right addy!! I love Heavy Vehicles.. and especially the Volvo B7R bus and the FH12, FM7, FL7, FM9 trucks!! They are so beautiful.. and at the same time.. they are very very useful.

Ps: Hopefully I think i have named those truck models above properly

Old 25th July 2004, 01:22   #12
Senior - BHPian

guys
me back from mangalore,tried hard but cud not get even a chance to reverse .but except for abt 1.5hrs i was awake the whole journey,and at night after the cyrtains weer pulled down i sat on the extra seat just next to the driver.
the bus had six fwd gears and it wud easily touch 100kph on any stretch ,tha max was 120kph on the pune expressway and the ankola rd.
the bus took 15 hrs i.e just 30 mins more than wat it takes me to do in my zen and that too at speeds of 120-140kph.doing 1000kms in 15hrs and that too in a big bushaving a top speed of 120kph is definitely a great job.
but a very saad incident happened while going as a the pillon rider in a scooter threw a big stone at the bus as maybe he was blinded by the headlights.the windshield cracked on the LHS when the bus was doing abt 100kph.this happened at abt 1am near belgaum.the driver was saying that the glass wud cost abt 55k.it hit the glass excatly in front of where i was sitting .
also the seats in this particular bus was not that comfortable.
other than that the whole experience was superbbbbbbbb

Old 27th August 2004, 02:24   #13
Senior - BHPian

Old 27th August 2004, 02:52   #14
Senior - BHPian

hey satya....do u have a pic of the rear of ur car...jst want to see how the freeflow tip looks ...in a zen..
Old 27th August 2004, 13:03   #15
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Aha, I see the Team-BHP "Love cars, Live cars" sticker on the windscreen.

And you kept your fogs on for the picture

GTO
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks