Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2014, 09:41   #1
BANNED

Sawadee Khrap from a BHPian

Hi Guys! This is Archit Kishore and just got accepted here. I am a student right now in Noida and live in Delhi though. Before all this, I have spent my whole life in Bangkok (18 years!). I came to Noida in July 2013.

I used to own a 2006 Honda Civic 2.0E back there but it got sold recently since my parents decided to move here too. It was different from the version of the Civic that came to India since it had the 2.0 liter engine from the CRV plonked in to it. And it came with 16" alloys which never came to India. All I can say is that the car was a hoot to drive and I do sorely miss it.

Here in Delhi, I have got a 2011 Hyundai i10 1.2 kappa Automatic. I do not really like this car as it is kind of small and cramped. The automatic gearbox is pathetically slow and the ride is little hard. But still an okayish car to use for the errands and stuff.

We are planning to buy a bigger car here within 2-3 months more in the likes of the XUV500 or Aria or Safari Storme.

Looking forward to some participation in some discussions here.

Cheers!
kisharchit is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th April 2014, 14:46   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Sawadee Khrap from a BHPian

Welcome Archit!

There are enough threads to help you chose your car on this forum. Hope you find them useful in finalizing. We too will look forward to gain from your inputs here.

Happy revving!
Sourabh
Old 4th April 2014, 15:09   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kisharchit View Post
I am a student right now in Noida and live in Delhi though. Before all this, I have spent my whole life in Bangkok (18 years!). I came to Noida in July 2013.

I used to own a 2006 Honda Civic 2.0E back there but it got sold recently since my parents decided to move here too.
Hi there, Welcome aboard.

I have never been to Bangkok, hence your post made me curious, what is the legally permissable age to drive in Bangkok?
Old 4th April 2014, 17:22   #4
BHPian

Sawadee Khrap to you too (complete with a proper wai) !

Anybody who has cut his teeth in Bangkok traffic will be entirely at home in India ! Looking for a learned treatise on the merits and demerits of Thai and Indian lunatics on the road
Old 4th April 2014, 23:28   #5
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadguy25 View Post
Hi there, Welcome aboard.

I have never been to Bangkok, hence your post made me curious, what is the legally permissable age to drive in Bangkok?
sir it is 18 years old. i moved here when i was 19. so legally driving for a year technically speaking.
kisharchit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2014, 15:27   #6
BHPian

Hi Archit, welcome to the forum. The eagerness you had and the excitement in your acceptance could be seen all over facebook!
Good luck for the car bud.
devilwearsprada is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks