Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2014, 11:21   #1
BHPian

Hello Everyone

A BIG HELLO to all the fellow BHPians,

My name is Namo Jain, I’m 34 yrs old and I live in Meerut, U.P.

First and foremost, MANY THANKS to the Mods for letting me in. Getting this membership is a feather in the cap and it feels amazing to be a part of this elite community.

Addressing everyone as ‘fellow’ BHPians feels nice and yeah I have to admit that there is a sense of achievement too as it took me 2 attempts to get through.

Have been a car freak all my life. Used to sleep with my car models parked next to my pillow when I was a kid. And guess what, my son (7yrs old currently) does the same and I’m so HAPPY about it.

Have been around cars and their scale models since the very beginning. Starting from Amby to fiats to a Contessa to Marutis, 118 NE and then a Cielo in 1997. My God what a tank of a car it was, a true VFM. Then my dad bought me my 1st car, a Daewoo Matiz, again a VFM. It served me well through my college for 3 years, did around 65k kms without any trouble then upgraded to a – a magic black Mitsubishi Lancer. Well as expected, yeah the Lancer had the works – custom exhaust, K&N air intake, 15’’ alloys with 205 tyres, Momo steering wheel and much more (will save it for the appropriate thread).

The rides that I currently own are –

1. Toyota Innova (2006)
Engine/ Model - 2.5 V Diesel
Colour – Mint Green
Mileage – 135 k kms (and going strong)

2. Honda City (2010)
Engine/ Model – ivtec S AT
Colour – Black
Mileage – 30 k kms

3. Harley Davidson (2011)
Engine/ Model – 883cc Superlow
Colour – Black
Mileage – 3k kms

4. Firefox Bicycle (2013)
Model – Road Runner Pro
Colour – Black and Blue
Mileage – 400 kms

As evident from the above list my other interest/passion is my Harley.
Motorcycles never interested me much but couldn’t say that about a Harley. I mean all that muscle and chrome and that rumble had some magic in it. Just looking at a Harley would make me weak in the knees. So when Harley was launched in India back in 2010, I’d tried very hard to hold myself back(keeping the steep price in mind) but then a close friend bought one and then all hell broke loose when they introduced Superlow as their first CKD model with slashed prices. Rest as they say, is history.

As already made famous by Mr. DKaile(senior BHPian) we have our motorcycle club here, called Mutineers Motorcycle Club, Meerut.

Will be uploading all the photographs soon (being a Newbie I’m still working my way around the forum).

Lastly, its needless to say how helpful this forum has been while seeking info about cars or while just gaining knowledge. The in depth discussions, the minutest of things being noticed and then discussed at great length is what makes this forum addictive for me and for that, KUDOS to its members.

‘keep revving’
Namo.
NamoJain is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2014, 18:18   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hello Everyone

Hey Namo,
Welcome to the community. I see you have a pretty good garage. The Harley is undoubtedly the star!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NamoJain View Post
Will be uploading all the photographs soon (being a Newbie I’m still working my way around the forum).
Please go through this thread. It will help you understand the procedure.

Quote:
Lastly, its needless to say how helpful this forum has been while seeking info about cars or while just gaining knowledge. The in depth discussions, the minutest of things being noticed and then discussed at great length is what makes this forum addictive for me and for that, KUDOS to its members.
Thanks. Everyone learns something new everyday.
Old 23rd April 2014, 21:14   #3
Senior - BHPian

Welcome Namo and wishing you a great journey at TeamBhp. I know you will be a fine asset to the community with your keen sense of awareness about everything automobile.
Old 23rd April 2014, 21:51   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Welcome to team-bhp, Namo. Nice to have an automobile enthusiast from Meerut on board and am sure you will have a great time here. Am sure dkaile is an inspiration for automobile enthusiasts in Meerut to follow and join team-bhp.

Question: you folks drive down to Delhi for your harley service needs? Any plans they opening service centers in other towns also?
Old 24th April 2014, 19:02   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Hey Namo,
Welcome to the community. I see you have a pretty good garage. The Harley is undoubtedly the star!

Please go through this thread. It will help you understand the procedure.

Thanks. Everyone learns something new everyday.

Dear Aditya,

Thanks for going through my intro and appreciating my garage. It sure feels nice to have another motorhead appreciate your rides.
Also thanks for your help with the link.
Will be posting the pics real soon.

Regards,
Namo.
Old 24th April 2014, 19:05   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Welcome Namo and wishing you a great journey at TeamBhp. I know you will be a fine asset to the community with your keen sense of awareness about everything automobile.

Hi Dhiraj Bhai,

Good to hear from you here.
And my God what reviews you write man.
Really admire the passion that you have, both for the cars and for writing. Super detailed and well written reviews.

See you soon.

Ciao,
Namo.
Old 24th April 2014, 19:34   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
Welcome to team-bhp, Namo. Nice to have an automobile enthusiast from Meerut on board and am sure you will have a great time here. Am sure dkaile is an inspiration for automobile enthusiasts in Meerut to follow and join team-bhp.

Question: you folks drive down to Delhi for your harley service needs? Any plans they opening service centers in other towns also?

Dear Khan-sultan,

Thanx for your post.

I must take this opportunity to tell you what an extraordinary review you have done for Mahindra Thar .

After going through your thread and various others, I completely fell in love with the jeep and have gathered the courage and booked one(Rocky Beige). Think it has come a long way from your when you reviewed it and all it really needs now is a hard top and front facing rear seats in order to be used as an every day car (which thanks to all of yours reviews, it seems like an easy aftermarket job).

Once my jeep arrives I’m gonna be using your review as a user’s manual.
Looking forward to my Thar and a lot of support and help from your side.

For getting our Harleys serviced we do ride to Delhi or if we have a couple or more bikes with their service due then we call their service technician to Meerut, that ways our bikes get serviced faster too. Haven’t heard of their plans on opening service centers in other towns(where they don't have a dealership). Btw, Capital Harley has recently shifted their service center from Okhla to a much bigger facility in Gurgaon (considering the no. of 750s they are gonna be selling now ).

Regards,
Namo.
NamoJain is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks