Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2014, 11:11   #1

Finally! Part of the brotherhood

Hello everyone,

Another techie making an entry to the community after several attempts (4/5 I lost the count). It really feels good to be part of this elite forum. Thanks to moderators for letting me in !

I hail from Bangalore, lived in USA for 6 years, now in Chennai. Apart from Motors, I have interest in traveling, photography, cooking and leisure time reading. I have been a motor freak since my childhood. As I grew older, my rides changed. I have given a detailed history of my rides so far. Please feel free to skip it if you feel bored. I'm really excited to be part of this community and hope to learn more and contribute.

Dad got me BSA Street Cat when I was in 7th. This was my first ride. I truly enjoyed this bicycle to such an extent that I even forced my parents to park the cycle in my room. Well, for couple of days. It served me well for several years. Meanwhile, as probably everyone else does, used to ride friends' bikes, scooters etc. After that it was a loooooong wait for the next upgrade. I got my Bajaj Pulsar 150 DTSi when I started my first job. I enjoyed it for couple of years. After that it was a big leap in up-gradation.

I was fortunate to move to US and after sometime I bought an AUDI A6 for $8000. Can you believe it ? As anyone can guess, it was used extensively and started giving troubles. I learnt my lessons in a harder way after spending couple of thousands on its repairs. I could not hold it after these repairs and I sold it.

My second Car was a Brand New Honda Accord which I got it for a good deal after lots of negotiation. Black in color, pin stripes on the sides, rear spoiler - all making it look sporty. And it was sporty. Whenever I got in it, I felt real good. Whenever I drove it, I felt I was on the seventh heaven. Whenever I thought about it, I felt I had made a best decision. All went fine for about an year.

But as a motor freak, the up-gradation bug bit me. Started looking for Bimmers as I'm a big Bimmer fan. After lots of searching, I spotted a wonderful single owner 325i with about 20k miles in immaculate condition. This was maintained in such a condition that even the vallet key was in pristine state. But the problem was, I still had not sold my Accord. I place an ad and few guys looked at it. One guy says, he'll come next day and buy it. Guess what, I was so set on the 325i that I went and bought it just because someone said he'll buy the Accord the next day. How foolish !! or, how passionate !! Even today, I am not able to decide what was it. But, it happened. I had 2 cars parked in front of my house. To keep it short, I sold Accord somehow.

BMW 325i - What can I say about this car ? I started getting premium treatment everywhere. All my friends wanted a ride. Everyone got. I used to boast how it pulls using the Steptronic gears in manual mode. When I stop for fueling, many people told me that its their dream car and I'm already living that dream. I was on some heaven beyond seventh (if there's one). I did several trips in this car and could not get tired of the growl it used to make. But I had to sell it as the decision (parents') was made to move back to India.

I took a break for about 8-9 months in India and again back to US. This time I did not want to be a spendthrift (as tagged by family and friends). So, after lots of negotiation, bought a decent Camry (5 yrs old, 78k miles) for about $8200. Got all the pending works done, tires changed etc. It was all set. This was nothing exciting as it was an economical option. It served me well without any issues. This was the car which stayed with me for the longest time (1.5 yrs). But, destiny , I was to leave US because of VISA issues. I sold my car without any sweat.

But, again destiny, the very next day I sold my car, my VISA issues were sorted out. I was double happy. I get to buy another car. Yahoooo !! By this time , buying and selling cars to me had become a cake walk. All my friends were calling me an awesome deal-maker and used to take me for all their car purchases. This time I bought a couple of yrs old Camry for about $14700. It was again a good ride. But, as a normal tendency, I always used to research about the next upgrades - Infiniti FX35 and BMW X3. But could not afford the higher prices.

Shortly after I bought my second Camry, I got a new job. Yesssss ! That means I can now afford little higher EMIs. So, the hunt began again and got a pristine BMW X3 - Fully loaded. This car made me feel the same way I felt with 325i but a lot better. I thoroughly enjoyed this car and had lots of memories with this. This was my kid's first ride. She was brought home from hospital in this car. I had fallen in love with this car. I used to spend at least 2-3 hrs every fortnight to hand wash it, wax it, polish it. But, as I completed my term in US, I had to sell it and relocate to India.

After coming back to India, to keep it short, I got a very nice 2009 Honda City through a seller on TBHP and currently enjoying it.

To be honest, I have never expressed my feelings about my rides anywhere and in such a detail. This forum, I feel, is where you can talk about your rides in all honesty. If you have read this far, thanks for your patience and reading through this essay.

Again, thanks to moderators and hello to the brotherhood !!

Thanks,
LoveToWander

Last edited by GTO : 24th April 2014 at 12:35. Reason: No acronyms when referring to cars please (e.g. ANHC). Thanks
LoveToWander is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2014, 11:52   #2
BHPian

re: Finally! Part of the brotherhood

Hi LoveToWander

Just like you I too have joined this elite forum today itself. Thanks to the moderators for the same. This was my third attempt. Had already purchased some merchandise from Team BHP website. The stickers are lying in my drawer. I somehow in my heart of hearts was waiting for this day when I will get this membership and then stick those stickers proudly on my car and announce to the world that I am a part of this community.

Hope to have good interactions with the fellow and senior BHPians and look forward to a lot of mutual learning and experience sharing.

Thanks
Jasmeet Mattoo
Closed Thread

Most Viewed