Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2014, 23:25   #1
BHPian

Hello everyone!!

First things first. A big thanks for the moderators for approving my membership. I was not able to access the net let alone Team-Bhp for the past week because of the phone connections at my home and did not know that my membership had been approved. How then did I come to know about my membership being approved ?

What I actually do is to log in to the forum, open a thread and click on 'new post', a message pops up saying
'You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page' but last Friday I attempted the same at my office and Voila !

I was granted access and my happiness knew no bounds !!.

Well let me introduce myself. I am Shankar Padmanabhan. I was born and brought up in Bangalore. I am 23 years old. I am a Mechanical Engineer by qualification/profession. I have always been addicted/obsessed with automobiles(particularly cars) as far as I can remember. I don't know how it all got started, but all I remember is I was(still am) fascinated by the movement of a car's wheels on road and over bumps. During my primary school holidays I used to spend a whole day in the Standard Gazel that we used to own pretending to drive it and sleep with its keys under my pillow.

During my engineering I have come across various machines and I haven't felt attracted towards any of them as I am towards cars, even though car is also a machine and I don't know why.

I first came across Team-Bhp in 2007 when I accidentally stumbled upon it while googling for travelogues. From then onwards not a day has passed by when I don't open Team-Bhp and search for new travelogue to read. I have been a part of/seen many forums but I find none of them has the wealth of information and passion by the members as in Team-Bhp. Many-a-times I have tried to move away from Team-Bhp for a change, alas no! I always come back to it as a piece of iron comes back towards a magnet.

My other interests include History (World war 2 in particular), collecting coffee table books on various automotive manufacturers, auto mags, playing table tennis,travelling and languages.

My current ride is a two year old red Maruti Suzuki Swift Zxi with which I am head over heels in love with.

I don't have any dream cars per se, but I have an urge to try out all the cars I see. Be it a Maserati or a Nano.

It feels really good to be a part of this family finally after being an outsider for so long .

I hope to have a long and nourishing journey ahead.

Last edited by GTO : 7th May 2014 at 12:56. Reason: PM coming up
Auswechseln is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th June 2014, 14:00   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hello everyone!!

Welcome aboard Auswechseln!

Sorry your Intro thread didn't garner too many replies...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auswechseln View Post
I don't know how it all got started, but all I remember is I was(still am) fascinated by the movement of a car's wheels on road and over bumps.
I know what you mean. Sometimes when i'm in a car - i find myself just staring at the wheels of the car beside me, as they glide over the road and bumps.

Have you seen this :

More info in the review: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intern...l-preview.html

Quote:
Many-a-times I have tried to move away from Team-Bhp for a change...

Quote:
I don't have any dream cars per se, but I have an urge to try out all the cars I see. Be it a Maserati or a Nano.
The true mark of a car-lover.

Cheers,
R
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks