Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2014, 11:02   #1

Hi Everyone

Hi Everyone...

I got approved for Team BHP around a couple of weeks back at the 2nd attempt. Understood the reason for the 1st attempt road-block post my approval.
You see, I put a lot of thought in my answers while registering the 1st time. However, on the 2nd attempt, I just typed in whatever came from my heart and lo and behold!!, I am in.
Also, I believe the moderators were truly impressed with my attempt, as I got a triple gun salute from them (3 approval emails):

I have not been a part of any such group where I do not know anyone till now, so this is a new experience for me and I hope I am able to give and take lots of new experiences/knowledge from this group in the times to come.

I am Deepak, staying in Thane forever. I am an Electrical Engineer by way of education and working in a Software Testing firm. I have been following Team BHP for the last 3 years now as a silent observer, lapping up all possible advice on the automotive front.
Just bought a new Maruti Suzuki Ertiga CNG in February. The advice received on this forum helped me a lot in finalizing the car and the formalities at the time of purchase and for running in the new car.

I am a self-trained driver with no formal training. Initiated into the automotive world on a BSA SLR cycle during my school days and then moving on to my Dad's Bajaj Supreme scooter.
I bought my first bike, Bajaj Discover 125 ES, in 2004 (The only reason I bought this bike was because of its look and Jackie Chan's TV commercial) and had 9 eventful years on it (Lots of long drives and wonderful memories on NH4 towards Lonavala/Pune/Alibaug, etc). My love for driving and exploring the countryside developed on this bike. It served me wonderfully for so many years and then when the time came to move on, I couldn't bear the thought of selling it, so gave it away to a cousin who was learning to drive.
Currently, I am the proud owner of a 2011 TATA Nano LX and the above mentioned Maruti Suzuki Ertiga VXI CNG (2014 model).

The Nano is a beast with a baby-face in terms of usability. I have had multiple long-drives (Thane-Chiplun) (Thane-Shirdi) with minimum fuss.
I have had 2 long drives (Thane to Nashik) and (Thane to Mahabaleshwar) in the new car till now and all my apprehensions of the CNG engine's capabilities have been laid to rest. Wow, you beauty.

Here's to looking at you, kid, for a long time to come.

Cheers!!!!

Last edited by GTO : 22nd May 2014 at 15:51. Reason: Removing excessive smileys
deepak2579 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2014, 12:19   #2

Re: Hi Everyone

Welcome to team-bhp I too got approved yesterday but at the first attempt :P

Hope to see your contribution towards community soon.

Thank you
Praveer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2014, 18:05   #3
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hi Everyone

Welcome aboard deepak2579!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepak2579 View Post
I have not been a part of any such group where I do not know anyone till now, so this is a new experience for me
Hah. Most of us were there once!

Quoting from my post in the "A Decade with Team-BHP" thread :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
11 years ago
…I got a phone call from someone I'd never spoken to in my life. I joined his MSN community. Sounds legit… right?

…I visited the site several times a day. Ooh someone has replied to my post, yay!

…we crossed Ts and dotted Is of every post we came across. Just so the site looked better.

…we deleted old photos, so we could upload new ones. 1 MB attachment limit per account, you see.

…we got more and more familiar with each other. Quite a cool and intelligent bunch, as it turned out.

…we were embarrassed to say "Yeah, I know him. Ummm, we met online…". But that would change...

cya
R
Rehaan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th May 2014, 17:40   #4

Hi Praveer,
Thanks for the welcome.

Rehaan,
I have been following your posts for some time now. Great to such proactive support from your end to all the members.
Keep up the good work.

Cheers.

Last edited by Rehaan : 27th May 2014 at 19:25. Reason: Merging consecutive posts.
deepak2579 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks