Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2004, 04:11   #1
Senior - BHPian

Hey everyone, this is Arush Vohra from New Delhi. autopsyche is the name of our firm which specializes in automotive customizations.. performance upgrades, bodykits, paintjobs, rally preperation... u name it we do it.

Im an big time car freak and just about ready to do anything and everything with them! come from a family of automotive engineers, myself being a bachelors in automotive technology from western michigan university. had a minor stint of working with Motegi Racing in the US besides regular oddjobs at various tech shops and dealerships alongwith total fancy for illegal street racing (now u know the real reason behind the ricer influence on my cars), but back in delhi now to do what i always wanted to do.. build my own cars! Also a technical contributor to wheels and top drive on bbc world and star world respectively, and tech section writer for the former magazine Bike 2 Car.

Present ownership of cars range from a old model 800, a cielo, esteem, skoda 1.8tdi, 98 merc E220, but my fav fav is the 1936 British Standar Flying Eight (under restoration for the next 2 months) man i can really spend a lot of time sitting next to them all the while...the only equipment lackin in my workshop now i guess is my bed then ill be all done heh!

Cheers to all~
autopsyche is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th November 2004, 06:43   #2
BHPian

Hi man welcome to Tbhp dude checked out some of ur post great job with the lancers man keep it up
Old 18th November 2004, 06:49   #3
Team-BHP Support

Hey Autopsyhe,

Welcome aboard pal.
Its always extra special to have a new member come aboard who is actually involved with cars as a profession as well.

Tell us some more about your fabrication process.... how much of your work is completely fabricated by you and how much is "imported&bolt-on".

Do you use any 3D visualization & rendering software to get an idea of how the design will look in 3D?

What material are your bumpers & skirts etc made out of?

How many people does your "autopsyche" consist of and what are their areas of expertise?

cheers
R
Old 19th November 2004, 13:45   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

hey autophysche
after cecking out your cars all i can do is gasp ni awe
specially the lancer job
welcome to t-bhp and enjoy your stay
Old 23rd December 2004, 16:50   #5
Senior - BHPian

Hi rehaan thank you very much for your warm welcome. lemme answer all your queries too.

Most of our work is done inhouse, all fabrication and design process included, we use lots of imports such as all performance parts and accessories, all the body kits and all however are designed and fabricatd by us in Fiberglass reinforced plastic (FRP) its a long and cumbersome process but the quality levels of fit and finish are quite remarkable as far as the industry standards are concerned. The use of cad/cam software is limited in our type of work because its not a machine manufactured thing, the design goes from paper to form as a scale model and then is fabricated in sheet metal and then recasted in fiberglass after the necessary changes. Ours is a fully equipped bodyshop and a lot of skilled personnel including engineers and specialized workers.

This is a very wonderful forum to check out views of like minded people across the country and its even better when u can contribute to it
Old 26th December 2004, 20:09   #6
Team-BHP Support

Hey Autopsyche,

Thanks for the reply.
What materials are your scale models made of and roughly what scale?

cya
R
Old 26th December 2004, 23:28   #7
F50
Senior - BHPian

Hey Autopsyche welcome man .... nice cars but yeah looking forward to see your Standard Flying 8 .... must be unique im sure
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks