Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2014, 20:19   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Hello PetrolHeads - A new member onboard from Ranchi

A usual chime from my Galaxy S3 brings a pleasant and long desired news-Team-BHP membership confirmed!!!
Just for record,this was my 26th attempt in about 8 years to get a membership of this forum. For me,it has been akin to cracking IAS exam. I must confess,I have tried everything to get into this forum-from privately mailing GTO to running behind Saket77's Zen and //M's Honda City just in a hope to meet them and make them fill up the registration form for me. Though,in the hindsight, I must admit that all my attempts of registration except the last one had been half hearted,and mods have done a good job of keeping me at bay.

My name is Shashi Shekher,from Ranchi,and I am a 4th Year B.tech student(EEE Branch) at BIT Mesra's Patna Campus.
I am a hardcore petrolhead,and it wouldn't be wrong to state that I love my Cars more than myself. Infact my darling is a 14 years old Maruti 800 DX 5 Speed which has done more than 2.3 Lac kms and is still in showroom condition,thanks to periodic maintenance and the untiring efforts of my dad(who is a mechanical engg by profession with a specialization in automobiles).
We have two cars and two 2-wheelers in our family
1.A 2012 Maruti Ertiga ZXi which has run 28k kms till date.
2.A 2000 Maruti 800 DX which has run 238XXX kms till date.
3.A 1988 Priya Scooter awaiting restoration
4.A 2009 Bajaj XCD 135 which has run about 32k kms.

My interest other than automobiles is Computing and IT. I am an active member at Digit forum and a silent observer of forum XDA.

Lastly, I am ecstatic on finally being in the awesome companion of you BHPians.

Regards,
Shashi Shekher

Last edited by Leoshashi : 9th July 2014 at 20:26.
Leoshashi is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 9th July 2014, 21:09   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Hello PetrolHeads - A new member onboard from Ranchi

Congratulations and welcome aboard Shashi! Looks like you have put some real effort to get the much desired TBHP membership; but now since you are home, it was worth it! Here's one looking forward to your valuable posts and travelogues. Do keep them coming!

And 2.3 lacs of kms on M800-5Speed! That is freakin' awesome man! That 5 Speed Maruti 800 was the best version ever produced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
... running behind Saket77's Zen and //M's Honda City just in a hope to meet them
Really? Did this really happen?

Last edited by saket77 : 9th July 2014 at 21:15.
saket77 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 9th July 2014, 21:36   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post

Not exactly running,but yes,I tried following your car for some distance,after which you mamaged to cross Ratu road chowk,while I was stuck in the signal. Similar thing happened with //M's car. I saw his Honda City with TBHP's sticker in Main Road about 4 months back(when his car was new). I was in opposite lane and by the time I could take a U turn,his car was gone.
Leoshashi is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 9th July 2014, 23:39   #4
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
... running behind Saket77's Zen and //M's Honda City just in a hope to meet them and make them fill up the registration form for me.
Quote:
Similar thing happened with //M's car. I saw his Honda City with TBHP's sticker in Main Road about 4 months back(when his car was new). I was in opposite lane and by the time I could take a U turn,his car was gone.
Whoa !!

First of all, welcome on board Shashi. 26 attempts are quite a lot my friend. Many congratulations !!

I would have loved to meet you when I was in Ranchi, till June 28th. I am currently staying in Mumbai and will be relocating to some other city very soon, within the next couple of weeks. But then I am sure you will have great mini-tbhp meets with Saket Sir in Ranchi. I would definitely let you know whenever I am in Ranchi so that we can have a team-bhp meet and go for some drives in and around the city.

Wishing you a lovely journey with team-bhp. Drive safe.

Regards,
Arunabh
//M is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th July 2014, 23:49   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear Arunabh Sir,
Being able to be in touch with you and Saket Sir was one of my main agendas to join Team BHP. Thanks a lot for your wishes.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th July 2014, 23:59   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Welcome to Team Bhp. Wish you an awesome time over here.

Quote:
Just for record,this was my 26th attempt in about 8 years to get a membership of this forum. For me,it has been akin to cracking IAS exam. I must confess,I have tried everything to get into this forum-from privately mailing GTO to running behind Saket77's Zen and //M's Honda City just in a hope to meet them and make them fill up the registration form for me.
Man that's some real zeal you have. Am really happy that at the end you have made it of your own without any one's help. Am sure you must be proud too that you did it yourself.
Quote:
Thank god you have not noticed him or else you would have freaked out and start thinking why some one is running behind your car. Am sure the last thing that can come to your mind on that moment will be Team Bhp.
Samba is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2014, 00:05   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
Welcome to Team Bhp. Wish you an awesome time over here.

Man that's some real zeal you have. Am really happy that at the end you have made it of your own without any one's help. Am sure you must be proud too that you did it yourself.

Thank god you have not noticed him or else you would have freaked out and start thinking why some one is running behind your car. Am sure the last thing that can come to your mind on that moment will be Team Bhp.
Thank You Sir,Yes it really feels awesome to be on this forum,and that too on my own
And just to make it clear,I didn't exactly run. I tried to follow both BHPians in my car,though I must admit,the thought of parking my car and running behind did cross my mind at one instance.
Old 10th July 2014, 00:08   #8
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Dear Arunabh Sir,
Being able to be in touch with you and Saket Sir was one of my main agendas to join Team BHP. Thanks a lot for your wishes.

Regards,
Shashi
Dear Shashi,

First of all, please don't Sir me. Secondly, now that your agenda is accomplished can we have a thread on the long term ownership report about your Maruti 800?

I am sure it will be a great read. 2.5 lakh kilometers is quite a lot, we would love to see an ownership report of your 800 with lots of pictures too !!

Regards,
Arunabh
//M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2014, 00:10   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Dear Shashi,

First of all, please don't Sir me. Secondly, now that your agenda is accomplished can we have a thread on the long term ownership report about your Maruti 800?

I am sure it will be a great read. 2.5 lakh kilometers is quite a lot, we would love to see an ownership report of your 800 with lots of pictures too !!

Regards,
Arunabh
Yes,a long term ownership review is definitely on the cards. And its coming soon.....

Regards,
Shashi
Old 11th July 2014, 18:08   #10
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hello PetrolHeads - A new member onboard from Ranchi

Welcome aboard Leoshashi!

Quote:
Just for record,this was my 26th attempt in about 8 years to get a membership of this forum.
WHOA

Congrats! I'm glad you finally made it. Gotta congratulate you on your perseverance more than anything.

Before you continue, please do see post #2 here.

In short, always include a space after basic punctuation when writing.

See you around!
R
Rehaan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th July 2014, 19:25   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks Rehaan Sir.
Will try my level best to fulfill all expectations of this forum.
Regards,
Shashi.
Leoshashi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 14th July 2014, 19:08   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Just for your viewing pleasure, and specially for BHPians from Ranchi- Saket Sir and Arunabh .
Please excuse me for the pic quality. I don't have a DSLR handy with me, so posting some pics of my love from my S3.
Ladies and Gentlemen, Please welcome the Golden Cruiser.
Front view-Does it seem to have done 2.3 Lac kms on our unforgiving Indian roads??Well it has done, and is still with the original factory paint.
Hello PetrolHeads - A new member onboard from Ranchi-20140714_131107_hdr.jpg

Rear View
Hello PetrolHeads - A new member onboard from Ranchi-20140714_131132_hdr.jpg

Don't get amazed gentlemen, this car has been cared for more than a baby perhaps. And it has returned us the same love. No breakdowns till date, except on a lucky day, when its theft was attempted, and it broke down in the hands of the thief, thus it is with me today. It is a living being after all.

Last edited by Leoshashi : 14th July 2014 at 19:19.
Leoshashi is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 14th July 2014, 19:20   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Dear Shashi,

Regards,
Arunabh
Quote:
Congratulations and welcome aboard Shashi! Looks like you have put some real effort to get the much desired TBHP membership; but now since you are home, it was worth it! Here's one looking forward to your valuable posts and travelogues. Do keep them coming!

And 2.3 lacs of kms on M800-5Speed! That is freakin' awesome man! That 5 Speed Maruti 800 was the best version ever produced.

Some pics specially for you guys. Consider it as a starter
Leoshashi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 14th July 2014, 19:20   #14
BANNED

Quote:
Ladies and Gentlemen, Please welcome the Golden Cruiser.
Front view-Does it seem to have done 2.3 Lac kms on our Indian roads??Well it has done, and is still with the priginal factory paint.
2.3 lakh kms is fantastic on this reliable work-horse. Feels great to be a part in the era of the M800.

Why no Team-BHP stickers?!

Do post a few more shots of the car (preferably a ownership report with all the details since purchase).

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2014, 19:24   #15
BHPian

Welcome Aboard !!!

I am sure its been an invaluable experience now for you to go through all the hardships while getting your membership approved. That speaks for itself the standards our forum maintains in terms of content and invaluably the very members who contribute to it.

Cut short, I am from Ranchi but out of India for a while now. Janmbhoomi being Ranchi and Karmbhoomi being Bangalore and Stuttgart, I am planning to visit the former after a long gap of 3 years sometime later this year when I visit India for a much needed break.

@Members from Ranchi : Can I expect to see you guys when I am there ? It would be a lovely exp IMHO.

Regards
Shiv.
Shiv_1984 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks