Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2014, 20:14   #1
BHPian

Hello BHPians - It's RK from Siliguri (The Gateway to Eastern India)

Hi Folks,

After following Team-BHP religiously from past several years and after uncountable attempts got my membership approved, thanks to the moderate moderators for approving it

I Rahul Kejriwal(like to be called RK) MBA in marketing from Siliguri West Bengal has completed many successful road trip by going through Team-BHP and even got lot of help while getting my car serviced or bringing some changes.

Every day spending hours on Team-BHP going through travelogues, reading about new and old cars, the urge to become a member increased day by day, and finally after several several attempts the dream has come true.

I don't own much machines but whatever i had and i have am very much happy and satisfied with them.

I learnt bike on my dad's yezdi when i was in 7th standard. Sold it off in the year 2000 and today after realising its value i regret the decision then taken.

In the year 2003 bought the pulsar 150 Silver, the very first model with round headlight. Its still my current ride and trust me its stock and in immaculate condition in fact i kept it pampered since then and yes it will always be my current ride.

Hello BHPians - It's RK from Siliguri (The Gateway to Eastern India)-24072011426.jpg

Hello BHPians - It's RK from Siliguri (The Gateway to Eastern India)-10092011614.jpg

I drive a 2000 model Mitsubishi Lancer Slxi which i bough in 2008 and i am crazy for this car. Have done many successful road trips in my Lancer from best to worst terrains, from plain roads to steepest ones. This 14 year young car has never let me down and still going strong.

Few road trips which i have done are:

1) Kolkata-Puri
2) Siliguri-Kolkata
3) Siliguri-Guwahati
4) Siliguri to Bhutan road trip
5) Siliguri to Nepal road trip

Besides above have driven lots in and around Delhi, have covered lot of East and West Sikkim (Will soon be covering north Sikkim), even lot of Darjeeling and nearby areas.

In case anyone needs any help in any of the above feel free to contact me.

My Dream Road Trip: Every drivers dream road trip Leh Ladakh is even on my top list and yes would love to drive on Konkan route surely some day.

My Dream Car: Currently my dream car is XUV 5OO and will try my level best to own it soon. In spite of all the niggles i would love to own one, because it rules the road with utmost power. It would be of great help if some current XUV owners could guide me in this regard. Even heard about XUV face lift being launched in March 2015, is it worth waiting.

Anyways my journey of Team-BHP has begun hope to have a comfortable and long one.

Regards,

Rahul Kejriwal (RK)
Attached Thumbnails
Hello BHPians - It's RK from Siliguri (The Gateway to Eastern India)-dsc01694.jpg  

Hello BHPians - It's RK from Siliguri (The Gateway to Eastern India)-dsc02011.jpg  

rahul_kej is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th July 2014, 22:38   #2
Team-BHP Support

re: Hello BHPians - It's RK from Siliguri (The Gateway to Eastern India)

Welcome Rahul

We have few members from Siliguri on the forums. Hope to have a Team BHP meet at Siliguri some day soon.

BTW, who told you about a face lift for the XUV? As we (on Team-BHP) are yet to spot test mules. M&M is busy with the new Scorpio and the Quanto version of the XUV (if I may call it that)

Hope to see you around :-)
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2014, 11:41   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_kej View Post
Hi Folks,

After following Team-BHP religiously from past several years and after uncountable attempts got my membership approved, thanks to the moderate moderators for approving it
Welcome aboard Rahul. Yes the registration process here needs some level of perseverance, but you know we never value things which are given easily to us.

By the way, your pulsar looks awesome, the first generation 'Definitely Male' machines were having the real masculinity in them. Kudos on keeping one in mint condition.
joe_antony is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2014, 13:12   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Welcome to Team bhp. Loved to see both of your rides in immaculate condition. I hope you have a love for silver for your vehicles!

Will look forward to meet you in future if i visit Siliguri or you visit Kolkata. Many Bhpian's from Kolkata drive to the hills through Siliguri so am sure you can be of great help for them.

Being from Kolkata i envy people who live at Siliguri. You have so much option's to explore and above all the might Himalaya's is hardly 20kms from your home where as we have to struggle through 600kms of uncertainty! Be it the crater filled Nh34 or the super congested Bhagalpur town!
Samba is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2014, 16:12   #5
BHPian

Re: Hello BHPians - It's RK from Siliguri (The Gateway to Eastern India)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Welcome Rahul

We have few members from Siliguri on the forums. Hope to have a Team BHP meet at Siliguri some day soon.

BTW, who told you about a face lift for the XUV? As we (on Team-BHP) are yet to spot test mules. M&M is busy with the new Scorpio and the Quanto version of the XUV (if I may call it that)

Hope to see you around :-)
Thanks Sheel,

We can definitely arrange a Team-BHP meet here and there are quite a number of places here where we can drive to. Even my cousin (Rhythump) with whom I have done most of my road trips has also become a member recently.

I read somewhere that a face-lift model of XUV 5OO is to be launched in March 2015.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_antony View Post
By the way, your pulsar looks awesome, the first generation 'Definitely Male' machines were having the real masculinity in them. Kudos on keeping one in mint condition.
Thanks mate,

I will make sure that I always keep it the same condition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
Welcome to Team bhp. Loved to see both of your rides in immaculate condition. I hope you have a love for silver for your vehicles!

Will look forward to meet you in future if i visit Siliguri or you visit Kolkata. Many Bhpian's from Kolkata drive to the hills through Siliguri so am sure you can be of great help for them.

Being from Kolkata i envy people who live at Siliguri. You have so much option's to explore and above all the might Himalaya's is hardly 20kms from your home where as we have to struggle through 600kms of uncertainty! Be it the crater filled Nh34 or the super congested Bhagalpur town!
Yes Samba I have fetish for silver colour vehicles.

We can surely meet up some day when you come up to Siliguri or i drive down to Kolkata.

If you ever plan to drive down to Siliguri, either use Bardhman-Bolpur-Dumka-Bhagalpur-Purnea-Dalkolha(Hope there is some way to bypass Bhagalpur) way or wait for the so called 4 laning of NH-34 to complete, which will take few more years, to be optimistic.
rahul_kej is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed