Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2014, 16:28   #1

One of the funniest but most tragic intros, I bet!

Imagine yourself as a child, walking on the pavement, looking at a toy store, praying for that red Lamborghini Diablo model to be yours. How would you feel?
Now imagine this happening to you everyday for more than 5 years. The same pavement, the same toy store and of course, the same red Lamborghini Diablo model. How do you feel now??
And now, imagine that today you come to know that your father (as kind as he is) had seen you pining for that model 5 years ago and kept it hidden for you in his cup board but forgotten to give it to you. And also today, you find it. How do you feel now???
The same thing happened with me except that instead of that model, it was my Team-BHP registration. I became a member 5 years ago and I didn't know. Please feel free to hit me with big laughs and bigger curses because
I had applied and never knew that I had become a member. Everyday for these years I have been reading most discussions on 4 wheeler (and some on 2 wheeler and some on planes and some on boats, I mean everything!) and felt emotions that I couldn't express! Be it applauding Scorcher on his supercar finds or thanking GTO for the management...
Please welcome your newest old member!
Brief introduction:
My name is Karan Wilson and am a Delhite. I am an Automobile Engineer and work with TAFE Motors and Tractors Ltd in After Sales. I love to drive, ride, sample new cuisines, travel, read books, listen to music and also read fiction.
I drive a 1994 Mercedes Benz 300D Masterpiece whenever I am not traveling and when I do, I drive whatever the Regional Manager of that area owns (I do all the driving, I mean)!
I look forward to being an active member of this family now!
karanwilson is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 27th July 2014, 17:27   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

re: One of the funniest but most tragic intros, I bet!

Welcome, KaranWilson ! Better late than never that you found out about the successful registration ! Guess that this mail was Not in the spam folder

The tragic part I see - you could have shared so much, esp on the technical side. But then, sometimes things happen !

Welcome on-board, again !
Old 27th July 2014, 17:42   #3
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to the Forum.
Please post pictures of your 124 300D masterpiece edition
Old 27th July 2014, 17:49   #4
BHPian

Welcome to the BHP family. That was really funny and interesting. By the way, how did you find out that you have already been registered as a Member?

Better late than never. It must have been a great feeling to find yourself here!
Old 27th July 2014, 17:51   #5
BHPian

Welcome Karan. Look forward to see your inputs in the W124 support thread that we have here. And some pictures of the 300D, please.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ort-group.html
Old 27th July 2014, 20:59   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Welcome, KaranWilson ! Better late than never that you found out about the successful registration ! Guess that this mail was Not in the spam folder

The tragic part I see - you could have shared so much, esp on the technical side. But then, sometimes things happen !

Welcome on-board, again !
Thanks condor!
Guess what, I got no mail for any of these posts... I'll have to re-visit my User CP!
On the technical front, there are many more accomplished members already handling matters very competently. I will give my best wherever and whenever I can!

Thanks again, condor!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Welcome to the Forum.
Please post pictures of your 124 300D masterpiece edition
Thanks akshay4587!
I think I will start a new thread for the 124! Wish me luck!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseVijay View Post
Welcome to the BHP family. That was really funny and interesting. By the way, how did you find out that you have already been registered as a Member?

Better late than never. It must have been a great feeling to find yourself here!
Thanks JoseVijay!
I found out because today I mustered enough courage to re-apply after five long years and my e-mail ID was already registered!
I clicked on "Forgot Password" (thank the programmers for it!) and rest should now be history... And yes, it is a wonderful feeling!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viraat13 View Post
Welcome Karan. Look forward to see your inputs in the W124 support thread that we have here. And some pictures of the 300D, please.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ort-group.html
Thanks Viraat13! I will try my best! For pictures, I will start a thread soon.
Old 27th July 2014, 22:01   #7
BHPian

Welcome aboard Karan.

It's 5 years later that it should have been, but I am sure it's only our loss.

And pictures of the 300D please.
Old 27th July 2014, 22:16   #8
Senior - BHPian

@Karan, I laughed on the way you described and co-related the tragedy. It's so good to have an automobile engineer among all of us. Person like me would surely like to benefit from your knowledge since I am not very good with the mechanical/ technical/ electrical knowledge about the cars. To top it all, I do not understand "TSi", "GTSi", "TFSi". The best I know is that AT means no clutch and MT means with clutch. I am more into aesthetic and mods. Good to have you with us.

Delhi Bhpians are easy to be sighted so looking forward to see you someday.

God Bless and Drive Safe.

Thanks.
Old 28th July 2014, 00:47   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny310c View Post
Welcome aboard Karan.

It's 5 years later that it should have been, but I am sure it's only our loss.

And pictures of the 300D please.
Thanks sunny310c!
I was out on tour last week and the Meister (my 300D) needs some attention before I present it to the familie
Will start a thread soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad3952n View Post
@Karan, I laughed on the way you described and co-related the tragedy. It's so good to have an automobile engineer among all of us. Person like me would surely like to benefit from your knowledge since I am not very good with the mechanical/ technical/ electrical knowledge about the cars. To top it all, I do not understand "TSi", "GTSi", "TFSi". The best I know is that AT means no clutch and MT means with clutch. I am more into aesthetic and mods. Good to have you with us.

Delhi Bhpians are easy to be sighted so looking forward to see you someday.

God Bless and Drive Safe.

Thanks.
Thanks ad3952n!
I studied a lot of stuff and am a researcher at heart but frankly speaking, working in marketing has made me rusty. But now, since I will be interacting with like minded people, I am positive to be on my toes once again and participate for value addition only.
Right now all I can tell you is that TSi and TFSi are the same technology wherein petrol engine is turbocharged (hence, the "T" for turbocharged) and the fuel is injected into the combustion chamber (in the engine cylinder) directly instead of a fuel/air mix thus forming a stratified charge (of layers) rather than a conventional homogeneous one (hence the "Si" or "FSi" for fuel stratified injection). On our roads, these engines are most popular in the cars produced under the Volkswagen Group.
I work in Faridabad so take the Mathura Road and the Flyway everyday for 6 days every week and hang out in Central/ South Delhi on Sundays. I will order a bumper sticker soon so that I can be easily recognized.
I look forward to meeting members of my neighborhood for a drive or for a bite soon!
Thank you once again for the attention and warmth!!
karanwilson is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th July 2014, 11:42   #10
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to the team, Mr. Wilson, look forward to seeing you around!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanwilson View Post
Please welcome your newest old member!
Surely you mean oldest new member
Old 28th July 2014, 13:07   #11
BHPian

Welcome aboard.
Awaiting your Merc thread.
Will be a special reading, posted by an expert !!
Old 28th July 2014, 19:44   #12
Senior - BHPian

Re: One of the funniest but most tragic intros, I bet!

welcome Karan. This truly is a comedy of errors - but all's well that ends well. Looking forward to your posts in the various forums!
Old 28th July 2014, 21:35   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketurtles View Post
Welcome to the team, Mr. Wilson, look forward to seeing you around!

Surely you mean oldest new member
Thanks iliketurtles!
My first "Mr. Wilson" on the community BTW...
I did think oldest new member but newest old member felt safer to announce.
I look forward to being around too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raosaheb Desai View Post
Welcome aboard.
Awaiting your Merc thread.
Will be a special reading, posted by an expert !!
Thanks Raosaheb Desai!
I am waiting for the weather to clear up. The Meister needs a good cleaning and buffing.
Also, I am no expert, in either photography or writing. I will though, try my best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joybhowmik View Post
welcome Karan. This truly is a comedy of errors - but all's well that ends well. Looking forward to your posts in the various forums!
Thanks joybhowmik!
Yes, it was some error!!
I look forward to being an active member adding value to this great community!
Old 29th July 2014, 10:01   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The same thing happened with me except that instead of that model, it was my Team-BHP registration. I became a member 5 years ago and I didn't know. Please feel free to hit me with big laughs and bigger curses because
Welcome aboard!

Awesome write-up and I can fully relate how you felt when you got the message that you are already a member. I went through a similar ordeal in 2012, and my first post came almost 4 years after my membership got approved.

As it turned out in my case, I've been more active after 2012 than probably what I would normally have been if I had started posting from 2008. Looking forward to another active member catching up on 5 years of backlog

Looking forward to your Merc review and pictures.

On a different tangent, it looks like this community has grown big enough that even such supposedly one-off cases are not something we can say as "I am the only one who made this blunder!" Kudos to the founders.
Old 29th July 2014, 15:05   #15
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I became a member 5 years ago and I didn't know... I drive a 1994 Mercedes Benz 300D Masterpiece... I look forward to being an active member of this family now!
LOL Karan, how come? Now I am confused. Surely you would have got some mail.

Anyway, better late than never. Welcome aboard and don't forget to bring your 300D with you.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks