Team-BHP - Love to Drive
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Introduce yourself (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   Love to Drive (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/153797-love-drive.html)

Hello to all,

I am among the newer members of this forum, and admittedly this is not my first post (just coud'nt resist posting on some other topics). I have been a silent reader on the forum for the past 2 years, but I increasingly felt the need to be a part of the community. So, I filled up the form and my membership got confirmed a couple of days back.

I lived in Chandigarh for the better part of my life (till graduation), then moved to Jamshedpur for post graduation and then around India for the next 4 years before settling down in Gurgaon for the past 4 years.

I love to drive and at times it is more than just a pleasure, it gets meditative. when I am driving fast and am really focussing, I just forget about everything else. A wonderful experience to which words cannot do justice. Whenever I would be upset or thoughtful, I would just take my car out and drive. In Chandigarh, I would head uphill to Kasauli/Chail, in Jamshedpur, I would drive to Dimna Lake (on a friend's borrowed Bullet Electra) and here in Gurgaon I love the new Gurgaon Faridabad road.

My rides have been as follows apart from the ones family owned before I started to drive:

Vespa 150 NV (1999-2004) - my set of wheels during college days
Maruti Zen (2007-2007) - a hand-me-down for a few months when I got my first job
Tata Safari 3.0 Dicor(2007-2010) - an impulse purchase and the one I feel most nostalgic about
Maruti Ritz VXi (2009-) - first bought for wifey. Did upset her as she wanted a Red Fabia. this time, I let the mind rule the heart
Chevrolet Optra 1.6 (2005-) - another hand-me-down from my dad. got it in 2010 when I sold the Safari
Skoda Laura 2.0 DSG (2010-) - dad's current car, but I keep it with me often

And to make amends for the 5 year old mistake pf upsetting the wifey, have just booked a Red Polo GT TSi. now letting the heart rule again!

Apart from cars and driving, I love music, and am a big foodie and love to cook.

Would love to get in touch with fellow BHP-ians in Gurgaon and Chandigarh, and hope to learn from the vast resource of knowledge existing here.

Cheers!!!

Cheers!
Welcome to the community!
I live in gurgaon too. Hope to see you soon in meets that happen here. Congrats for the baby TSI too :D
May we meet someday through spottings lol:

thanks devilwaersprada. i noticed a couple of BHP-ians in my complex. maybe, you're one of them!

Welcome. Chandigarh used to be nice and open but now is crowded. Jamshedpur was supposedly similar. Would love to hear about your shift experiences.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lalittalwar (Post 3494534)
thanks devilwaersprada. i noticed a couple of BHP-ians in my complex. maybe, you're one of them!

What complex is it sir?

Quote:

Originally Posted by devilwearsprada (Post 3495992)
What complex is it sir?

I am in The Legend, Sector 57. Saw a few cars with Team-BHP stickers on them. There are also a couple of GT TSIs also, one in red and the other in black.