Team-BHP - An intro that was pending from the last 5 years!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Introduce yourself (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   An intro that was pending from the last 5 years! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/154148-intro-pending-last-5-years.html)

Better late, than never

First of all, stupid:

Please pardon me for posting my "Intro" after 5 years of my active Team-Bhp life. Lately, I realized that the Introductin part is still pending.

I am Arunabh Dey, 23, super-lazy at work and super-active off work. A biker by passion, a traveller by choice, a MBA by chance. I am fairly an automobile enthusiast, and hence landed into a manufacturing setup in the automobile sector just a month back.

I ride a 2012 Royal Enfield Classic 500 Desert Storm, 22000 kms done. Its my prized possession - a gift from my parents on completion of my graduation. For the price, I know I couldn't have got a better motorcycle. There are Royal Enfield lovers, and there are Royal Enfield bashers. I belong to the former breed. I love the way these bulls ride, so majestic. I love the feel of metal between my legs and the trademark thump, not too loud just a subtle thump. Dug Dug Dug Dug Dug Dug !!

I love things which are simplistic in nature. I hate an array of buttons in a car, no matter whatever these electronic aids do to the passengers. I love the analogue dials, spoke wheels, rustic huts, countryside. Ah that brings me to travelling. I am a self-confessed avid traveller, and I love to explore places. Preferably on my motorcycle. I believe if these things on two-wheels had hearts, they would yearn to see the countryside, they would love to feel the cool crisp mountain air and they would love to stretch their muscles on an open highway. So wherever I go, I try my best to take my motorcycle along.

I have been following Team-BHP since 2007. Got my membership approved on my second attempt sometime in October 2009 and has been a follower of this forum ever since.

I am really glad to be a part of the clan. Thanks to each and every member for educating me on various subjects, be it Vintage Cars or be it Off-Roading or be it Choosing the right Riding Gear or be it Supercars. Team-BHP has enlightened me. Many thanks to the Mods for the amazing scoops, reviews and to maintain the standards of this forum like no other.:thumbs up

Riding Off,
Arunabh Dey

Great! Feels unusual to read an intro post by a long standing active member of the forum and a dear friend.
And hats off to the way you explore the country. The way one connects with the surroundings while riding, be it the scenic country side landscapes or the Himalayas, is unparalleled and cannot be matched with driving a car. I am really happy that you could convert such opportunities to real experiences and glad that you chose to pen down those lovely travelogues. From my side, the Sikkim travelogue takes the cake.

Hope that we keep reading such fantastic write-ups from you in future. Good luck for your professional venture.

Regards,
Saket

Quote:

Originally Posted by saket77 (Post 3500612)
Great! Feels unusual to read an intro post by a long standing active member of the forum and a dear friend.
And hats off to the way you explore the country. The way one connects with the surroundings while riding, be it the scenic country side landscapes or the Himalayas, is unparalleled and cannot be matched with driving a car. I am really happy that you could convert such opportunities to real experiences and glad that you chose to pen down those lovely travelogues. From my side, the Sikkim travelogue takes the cake.

Hope that we keep reading such fantastic write-ups from you in future. Good luck for your professional venture.

Regards,
Saket

Thank You for your wishes Sirji.:)

Yes a little unusual about this intro, a little too late. But somehow I had to do it, to mark my presence in the "Introduce Yourself" section.:D

I will try my best to update the pending travelogues and add on new ones soon !!

Quote:

Originally Posted by //M (Post 3500567)

I have been following Team-BHP since 2007. Got my membership approved on my second attempt sometime in October 2009 and has been a follower of this forum ever since.

Welcome to the forum buddy. Do read the rules before proceeding! :D :D

Nice intro and a complete one that from a lazy-long standing member.

Waiting for your Travelogue's.

Anurag.

Quote:

Better late, than never

First of all, stupid:

|
|
|
Riding Off,
Arunabh Dey

Welcome Arunabh. You are also just like me... I have also been a member of this wonderful forum since 2007 but never introduced myself. In fact I was a silent follower of this forum since the very first day when my membership was approved. I will have to get some time to write about myself and provide intro to all of you.... lol:

Quote:

I hate an array of buttons in a car, no matter whatever these electronic aids do to the passengers. I love the analogue dials, spoke wheels, rustic huts, countryside.

Arunabh,

Welcome to the forum and yes laziness does make one do weird things.

So do you own a car now, couldnt see it mentioned anywhere in the intro.

Hope you have a simplistic stay on the forum.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghodlur (Post 3500848)
Arunabh,

Welcome to the forum and yes laziness does make one do weird things.

So do you own a car now, couldnt see it mentioned anywhere in the intro.

Hope you have a simplistic stay on the forum.

I landed up with my first job just one month back, so owning a personal car will happen in due time. Currently in the family we have a 2005 Hyundai Santro Xing XO and a 2014 Honda City i-DTEC VX. Among two-wheelers, apart from my Enfield, we have a 2008 Bajaj Pulsar 150 DTS-i and a 2012 Honda Activa.

The cars are used by my parents back in my hometown, Ranchi.

An ownership review of our City i-DTEC: Link

Quote:

Originally Posted by a4anurag (Post 3500665)
Welcome to the forum buddy. Do read the rules before proceeding! :D :D

Nice intro and a complete one that from a lazy-long standing member.

Waiting for your Travelogue's.

Anurag.

Ah yes the rules...:rules:

Quote:

Originally Posted by meetbadri (Post 3500750)
Welcome Arunabh. You are also just like me... I have also been a member of this wonderful forum since 2007 but never introduced myself. In fact I was a silent follower of this forum since the very first day when my membership was approved. I will have to get some time to write about myself and provide intro to all of you.... lol:

Same pinch. But Sir please do write up an intro. I think every member should, no matter how lazy they are.:D

When i read the thread title i thought you must be inactive for these years but when i saw your handle i was pleasantly surprised and i clicked to read it! I thoroughly enjoyed reading your introduction. :thumbs up Even when i joined Team Bhp some how my introduction part got skipped and after reading yours i was in a dilemma whether i should go ahead with it too or not! But still i couldn't decide on that. stupid:

And not to mention the set of ride's you have is envious for many! A dessert storm is a dream bike for many biker and Honda city is the favorite car for many car lovers. Wish you thousands of happy miles with your ride's.

Quote:

A biker by passion, a traveller by choice, a MBA by chance.

Well that pretty much defines me too..! I just smiled reading this line and can relate to your thoughts.