Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2014, 14:19   #1
BHPian

Konnichiwa & Guten Tag! And a hearty Thank You

So that would translate to a big Hello and wishing a very good day to everyone!

It took me so long to graduate to a Bhpian after having joined the army sometime around my birthday two years back, and what better day to do it than on my recent birthday just a few days ago! So, Hola Amigos! This is Mayank (forester) and have been living in New Delhi ever since my first birthday! Argh! Too much of b'day stuff, let's get movin' now!

Like most of us here, I would also humbly like to call myself an automobile freak! My love for cars began at an early age when I used to play with my in-numerous scaled toys which my dad used to bring home almost every Tuesday if I recall correctly! Sadly, me being a careless lad, none of that collection was preserved and I repent losing it so much now. Also, I was in awe of my pedalled fibre car with actual seats, pedals & steering. God knows how many million miles I have driven that car just on our terrace, without ever needing to replace the tires even once until my butt finally outgrew its cabin width one fine day! This was just the beginning and the love only got evolved into an everlasting passion for cars!

Growing up a bit, after having completed my Mechanical Engineering in 2K13, it's been more than a year now that I've been working in Honda Cars India Ltd. Got selected as a G.E.T in the New Model, Planning Division under the Purchasing Operations and have been graduated to work as the Buying Project Leader (B-PL as they would call it), for the Honda City. Sounds interesting enough? Well, it requires me to execute the parts purchasing activities of the Project through its various development stages, analysing Car parts costs (a good 4000 odd parts at that!), doing Exchange Rate simulations on Import parts, budgeting Raw material cost impacts, etc, etc and then finally getting the cost evaluated by the Indian, Asia-Pacific and the Global Top Management. Am learning and learning everyday and love venturing to the assembly line whenever time permits!

Team-Bhp has been my Alma mater in the true sense of the word. Got introduced to this Institution at an HMCI Vintage and Classic Car Rally in Delhi that I went chasing during the first year of my college in '09. Initially, the layout and the black theme didn't intrigue me much, but who knew that off late, I'd be hooked on to the forum for almost five years now! Yes, I have been that old here, but have mostly been a passive reader all this while, always learning and learning and learning even more with almost each and every of the gazillion threads and posts that I have scanned through thus far. There's a wealth of knowledge in that search tab regarding just about anything and sharing common passions has been one fantastic experience that I've been lucky enough to have found here. No two doubts that this is my second home then! I just cannot be grateful enough for all that I've learned here.

Some of my Automotive experiences during my college days -

2009-This has to take the topmost spot! Got introduced to T-Bhp and life simply changed forever!

2010-Won the Delhi Regional Finals of the NDTV-Mahindra AUTO QUOTIENT, though lost quite badly in the Zonal finals on TV!

2011-Marshalled as a RECOVERY & TRACK CLEARANCE OFFICIAL at the inaugural Indian F1. And boy, was that a hell of an experience! The exposure it gave me was truely phenomenal. Getting to work with stalwarts like Mr. Hari Singh, Sunny Siddhu and our very own Sudev Sir, was one of the most amazing and mind opening experiences so far! I never knew that the Indian motorsport scenario was so vast and humongous!

2012-Took the college team through the SAE Virtual Mini Baja but couldn't bell the cat! But, atleast we tried. Also went to Pithampur just to see the action in flesh! Apart from getting to see the tremendous enthusiasm at NATRiP, also made out a quick Road-trip on the beautiful highway between Indore and Pithampur!

2013-Started restoring my Grandfather's 1972 Bajaj Priya along with my college best friend. It's a little tribute to my Grandfather, Mr. Harbhagwan Dass, who was a scooter mechanic by profession and a genius at that. An innovator, who had created his own iterations of different tools for neatly pulling off some really quirky jobs! He was someone who would go down to the root of a problem and then get it completely cured from there. I miss him badly and also those happy greasy days when I would join him to work on the opened cylinder heads and the crankcases. He loved the Bajaj and I have travelled the whole of Delhi standing at the front with him as the pilot and my grandmom as the pillion during my childhood days. The scooter used to see a complete engine overhaul and body re-painting on a regular basis by its master himself. We completed the engine restoration last year and even had to scout around for some not so easy to come by parts in Mayapuri and were successful in being able to bring it to life. It is now safely kept in the store in my house along with the yet to be restored body. The lack of a proper garage is keeping me away from completing it as it would again have to suffer the harsh sun and rains if made to stand outside in the open again. But am determined to do it for sure and I would need a lot of help and advice from the Gurus here.

2013-Stepped out of college into the Corporate world and life sometimes, is just not easy at all!

I love driving, traveling, nature and food! Would love to drive through some of the most amazing roads throughout the world in some of the most fabulous cars! If only wishes were horses! My latest (it keeps on changing you see!) favourite car would be a Red hot Jaguar F-Type R Convertible and I doubt it's gonna change for a long time to come as I am so much mesmerised by the sheer beauty of it!

The cars we currently have are a Pre-worshipped FIAT Linea 1.4 E-pack (The lovely lady!), bought in '11, gonna be completing 5 worthy years in about a couple of months from now and an Alto-800 CNG, solely a head over heart decision took in '13 for the intra-city runs.

So, that sums up my intro. I would try and be as actively involved as much as I can and share my two cents and keep learning a million dollars!

Have started picking up some Japanese words lately and yes, it is one difficult language to learn! Though, Ich kann auch ein wenig Deutsch sprechen!

And heartiest thanks to all the Mods and GTO for maintaining the standards so high and also a big thank you for putting my TL up on the home page. A birthday gift couldn't have been any more wonderful. Thank you very very much. And thank you all for all the lovely knowledge.

See ya!
forester is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 27th August 2014, 16:14   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: Konnichiwa & Guten Tag! And a hearty Thank You

Hello Mayank, Welcome to the Team Bhp Forum!

By far, Your intro on the forum here is the longest one in the recent times. The other quite long Intro that I read was of GTO himself that he wrote in "Our Team" section. Well encompassed and detailed intro. For a moment I forgot it was a intro and thought it to be a initial post of the Test Drive and Initial Ownership review. Lol! my stupidity.

Remember meeting you at the It's 9 meet held in March 2014. There will be another meet in the same location on 31st August.

It was really nice reading your intro buddy and look forward for your participation. You are 2nd member by the name "Mayank" that I know of.

Again, thanks a lot for writing and sharing your thoughts with us.

Take Care and Drive Safe.

God Bless!

Akash

Last edited by ad3952n : 27th August 2014 at 16:18. Reason: punctuation mark
ad3952n is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2014, 00:14   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad3952n View Post
Hello Mayank, Welcome to the Team Bhp Forum!

By far, Your intro on the forum here is the longest one in the recent times. The other quite long Intro that I read was of GTO himself that he wrote in "Our Team" section. Well encompassed and detailed intro. For a moment I forgot it was a intro and thought it to be a initial post of the Test Drive and Initial Ownership review. Lol! my stupidity.

Remember meeting you at the It's 9 meet held in March 2014. There will be another meet in the same location on 31st August.
Hello Akash

Hope you're doing great!

Thank you very much for the warm welcome buddy Damn! It really got so lengthy! Hope it was bearable. Wondering what would happen when I attempt writing an ownership log!

I too am eagerly waiting for this Sunday's meet. Kudos to your fantastic efforts in bringing us all together buddy. Thanks a lot. Sorry, I couldn't do it till now, would rightaway update on the related thread.

Would love to interact more and share on the forum. Thank you once again
forester is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2014, 14:37   #4
Senior - BHPian

Re: Konnichiwa & Guten Tag! And a hearty Thank You

Hi forester,

Welcome to the forum. You seem ecstatic on attaining a BHPian status and your post reveals your excitement to share information. Nice write up!

When you mentioned the cars you own, I was expecting to read the Chevrolet (Subaru) Forester for obvious reasons. I have a soft spot for that car Any particular reason for choosing your handle name?

Last edited by S2!!! : 4th September 2014 at 14:39.
S2!!! is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2014, 15:17   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
Hi forester,

Welcome to the forum. You seem ecstatic on attaining a BHPian status and your post reveals your excitement to share information. Nice write up!

When you mentioned the cars you own, I was expecting to read the Chevrolet (Subaru) Forester for obvious reasons. I have a soft spot for that car Any particular reason for choosing your handle name?
Thank you very much S2 for the warm welcome It definitely feels wonderful on becoming a BHPian.

Having read about the sheer brilliance and the capabilities of the mighty Subaru on the forum, I got hooked to the car as well and this along with its uniqueness was the sole reason for choosing my handle. Though, I wish I was lucky enough to put up a Forester in my garage! It's a lovely machine no doubt! Would be happy to know why it is close to your heart.
Old 4th September 2014, 15:43   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by forester View Post
Thank you very much S2 for the warm welcome It definitely feels wonderful on becoming a BHPian.

Though, I wish I was lucky enough to put up a Forester in my garage! It's a lovely machine no doubt! Would be happy to know why it is close to your heart.
Got a chance to ride home in a friend's car for a almost 6 months during my school days. Obviously, I knew nothing about performance or ride and handling back then but I remember falling in love with the sheer simplicity of the car (both exteriors and interiors). It was an attractive purple colour too (if I remember correctly) with plush leather interiors. It was much later that I learned more about the legacy of the Forester and learned about its capabilities. The story is the same with the Ford Mondeo too.
S2!!! is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2014, 12:10   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
Got a chance to ride home in a friend's car for a almost 6 months during my school days. Obviously, I knew nothing about performance or ride and handling back then but I remember falling in love with the sheer simplicity of the car (both exteriors and interiors). It was an attractive purple colour too (if I remember correctly) with plush leather interiors. It was much later that I learned more about the legacy of the Forester and learned about its capabilities. The story is the same with the Ford Mondeo too.
That's really wonderful S2 Definitely must have made going to school all the more fun! I have a picture of mine with a silver Forester, clicked a couple of years ago. There's one in our vicinity as well, but I rarely get to spot it.

Yes, Mondeo was one of the greatest car of all times. It's great that you've lived with these lovely cars so closely I quite liked the Vectra as well. Loved that and the Mondeo during the school days.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks