Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2014, 23:20   #1
BHPian

Hello BHPians

Thank you BHP Admin for approving me as member. I am so glad I could make it through the tough questionnaire. Am I the first woman enthusiast in this community or one of the very few? I wonder if I am half as technically good and knowledgeable as most of you already here - all I have is a crazy thirst for cars, driving and writing about my drives, and all I can say is that driving is like oxygen for me, and is my only stress buster ever. I would like to hear from everyone else about their road-trip experiences here, and would like to learn from you to be able to delve into my upcoming adventures. Thank you and a big Hello to everyone!
RajshreeM is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th September 2014, 23:34   #2
Team-BHP Support

Welcome to Team-BHP.

Spend some time on going through the threads you like. That should give you some ideas about this uniquely controlled mad house. Like to know about your solo Ladakh driving too.
Rudra Sen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2014, 16:00   #3
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hello BHPians

Hi RajshreeM,

Look forward to some nice travelogues from you, since you say you love driving and writing.

I'm sure you've seen others pen their experiences down in the Travelogues section?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajshreeM View Post
Am I the first woman enthusiast in this community or one of the very few?
Oh there's tons of em (though no doubt the men are in a huge majority here!).

Some more active than others - but it's hard to tell on the faceless internet!

cya
R
Old 24th September 2014, 00:11   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Welcome on-board. Nice to see the fairer sex taking interest in an automotive community. Enjoy your stay and do share us some of your fine experiences please.
Old 5th October 2014, 15:46   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Welcome on-board. Nice to see the fairer sex taking interest in an automotive community. Enjoy your stay and do share us some of your fine experiences please.
'Fairer sex' - hmm..not sure what that means :-p ..will conveniently take it as a compliment! :-D

Well, yes, in terms of interest in automotive, I started driving my dad's Omni when I was 14, and since then, there hasn't been a point in my life when I have not found myself in the driver's seat - be it car or life, they are one and the same for me

Thank you for the welcome note!
The world is transforming and so is India - let's hope to see more and more women transform to good drivers

Last edited by Rehaan : 7th October 2014 at 16:32. Reason: Post edited. Max 2 smileys per post, as per the rules.
RajshreeM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2014, 22:30   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajshreeM View Post
'Fairer sex' - hmm..not sure what that means ..will conveniently take it as a compliment!

Well, yes, in terms of interest in automotive, I started driving my dad's Omni when I was 14, and since then, there hasn't been a point in my life when I have not found myself in the driver's seat - be it car or life, they are one and the same for me

The world is transforming and so is India - let's hope to see more and more women transform to good drivers
Trust me, I would love to see more of those! And I got respect for those ladies who CAN drive neat.

Between, go easy on the number of smileys please. You are entitled for ONLY 2 smileys in a post. Please spent some time to get familiar with the rules section for a smoother cruising!
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2014, 18:39   #7
BHPian

Welcome to the club, Rajshree. As others have pointed out, you are not alone here. But Hey, I always believe that a petrol head is a petrol head. Other questions that follow doesn't always matter.

Happy BHPing!!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed