Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2006, 11:24   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADMAX111
Guys,
Just to set the score straight, though it may be off topic here. A lot of ppl have this idea that defence personnel dont pay taxes, though it will be great if that happens. The media also keeps harping on as to how the defence forces are wasting taxpayers hard earned money. However the truth is WE DO PAY TAXES. In fact most of us are in the 30% bracket(it pains) and it is deducted even before we get our pay. So when someone says u dont have to pay taxes on the car- well Grrrr.
BTW we are both (Prakash & Me) in the same sqn flying the same bird.
MAX, I am aware that defence personel pay taxes. I was just conveying that the tax waiver you get if purchased through CSD should make the cars i mentioned fall in your bracket.
As an Indian Citizen i do have very high regards for my country's armed forces.

Regards
Sethuram
Old 2nd August 2006, 15:56   #17
Ram
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakashchopper
Hi,

First of all any way the rotor turns the cyclic moves forward for the chopper to move forward, why so!!! u will require a rotordynamics class . And yes its opposite to the american way, the rotor moves from left to right.
Hi Prakash:

I was aware that the rotor disc needs to tilt forward for the chopper to move forward.

What I was referring to was that
due to gyroscopic precession, a spinning rotor disc responds 90-degrees after the command. So if you need the rotor disc to tilt forward then you need to tilt the cyclic to the right in the case of an American type chopper,
and to the left in the case of a chopper where the main rotor turns the other way.

This of course refers to small choppers. Your big sophisticated crocodile may have an embedded computer system with software automation that compensates for gyroscopic precession.

Then all you need to do, maybe, is to push the cyclic pitch lever in the direction you want the rotor disk to tilt.

Am I on the ball?

Ram
Old 2nd August 2006, 20:51   #18
BHPian

Dear Sethu,

What I posted was in lighter vein(No Taxes etc) so please, there are no hard feelings here . I dont expect everybody to know our tax structure but at times media really distorts the truth therefore the post. Coming to CSD prices part. What you are saying is true, however thanks to competition and free market economy, most of the times the CSD price and the price offered by the dealer after discounts, works out to be similar for popular models. Dealers generally dont offer any discounts if one is buying a car through CSD. Therefore only if you buy a car from a particular state thgrough CSD like Punjab(where tax exemption on CSD is more), only then it really works out cheaper.

Have A Good Day
Old 2nd August 2006, 21:26   #19
BHPian

Dear Johy,
different states have differnet tax exemptions for CSD products. However I guess it should be around 40 K for VXi but in all probability the dealer wont give you any other discount thereafter. The best way would be to check with the Maruti dealer in your state or with a defence personnel residing in your state. Unfortunately CSD does not have a website yet where I could chk this for you
Old 3rd August 2006, 00:40   #20
BHPian

welcome abord officer. go for the BALENO , spend the rest of the cash on mods. there is no car which will make u feel ny better on the road in this bracket.

also since u do have a touring job (movement every 3-4 years) try to stick to tata & maruti as u can find good service stations everywhere.
Old 3rd August 2006, 10:36   #21
BANNED

Question:- Is this an INTRO topic or "do defence people pay taxes" thread?
Old 3rd August 2006, 23:00   #22
Senior - BHPian

Into is done

THREAD CLOSED
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks