Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2006, 14:45   #1

Intro of a Chopper Pilot

Hi all u guys out there,

I am a attack helicopter pilot in the Indian Air Force. But its the things that fly on the road that owns my heart. I am planning to buy a car in the 5-6 bracket, Thoght of Ford Ikon, Indigo Marina and Accent. Hope u guys help. me
Old 30th July 2006, 16:20   #2
BHPian

Location: Windsor, Canada... But still a Bombay-Boy at heart !!!

Hi and welcome to the forum. In your display pic, is that a MI-25 in the background ???
Old 30th July 2006, 17:00   #3
Senior - BHPian

Hey....welcome aboard captain!! Its cool to have someone from the IAF in here.

Of those cars u mentioned, the Accent would be the pick of the lot. Why don't u create a new thread in the 'What Car?' section. I can bet u'll be a happy man at the end of it.

Cheers
Old 30th July 2006, 23:10   #4
BHPian

Hi and welcome to the forum

Good to see a person of such background in this forum. I think for u ford Ikon would be a good pick (1.6 specially) as u have a thirst for adventure.
But for that u might need to increase the budget slightly. Anyways, I kind of need ur help in a particular aspect. Can I PM u if u dont mind??
Old 31st July 2006, 00:13   #5
Senior - BHPian

Hup...one two three..thumping legs..salute..WELCOME ABOARD CAPTAIN
Old 31st July 2006, 10:45   #6
BHPian

Welcome ... cool to have an IAF pilot here . If possible could you please disclose your rank....
Regarding your car search please tell us your usage per day in an average. Also please stay away of ikon and accent as they may be outdated soon by their newer versions....namely fiesta and verna.

Considering the fact that you will not need to pay taxes, the price of Baleno, Aveo, Petra, Adventure should fall in your bracket.
Old 31st July 2006, 11:39   #7
BANNED

Welcome aboard Flyboy... or is that only reserved for fighter PLANE pilots and not chopper pilots?
Old 1st August 2006, 22:39   #8

Hi Ranjan,
Absolutely spot on Its a Mi-25 and its my baby. How come u know?

Hi Karthik,
Thanx will post my query in what car?

Last edited by adya33 : 1st August 2006 at 22:43.
Old 1st August 2006, 22:43   #9

Hi Adhi help anytime. u can send me a PM my email ID is prakashchopper@gmail.com
Old 1st August 2006, 23:25   #10
Senior - BHPian

Hey prakashchopper,

Welcome Aboard And Enjoy Your Stay.
Welcome To Team-Bhp.

Cheers,
Mugen_Power.
Old 1st August 2006, 23:53   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksethuram
Welcome ... cool to have an IAF pilot here . If possible could you please disclose your rank....
Regarding your car search please tell us your usage per day in an average. Also please stay away of ikon and accent as they may be outdated soon by their newer versions....namely fiesta and verna.

Considering the fact that you will not need to pay taxes, the price of Baleno, Aveo, Petra, Adventure should fall in your bracket.
Guys,
Just to set the score straight, though it may be off topic here. A lot of ppl have this idea that defence personnel dont pay taxes, though it will be great if that happens. The media also keeps harping on as to how the defence forces are wasting taxpayers hard earned money. However the truth is WE DO PAY TAXES. In fact most of us are in the 30% bracket(it pains) and it is deducted even before we get our pay. So when someone says u dont have to pay taxes on the car- well Grrrr.
BTW we are both (Prakash & Me) in the same sqn flying the same bird.
Old 2nd August 2006, 07:13   #12
Senior - BHPian

well they dont pay central exise if they buy from defence canteen.
Old 2nd August 2006, 07:43   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADMAX111
Guys,
Just to set the score straight, though it may be off topic here. A lot of ppl have this idea that defence personnel dont pay taxes, though it will be great if that happens. The media also keeps harping on as to how the defence forces are wasting taxpayers hard earned money. However the truth is WE DO PAY TAXES. In fact most of us are in the 30% bracket(it pains) and it is deducted even before we get our pay. So when someone says u dont have to pay taxes on the car- well Grrrr.
BTW we are both (Prakash & Me) in the same sqn flying the same bird.
Welcome aboard guys!

First of all, I don't think the defense force "waste" taxpayers hard-earned money.

Secondly, I think the point ksethuram was making is that you get relief on ?central excise and sales tax relief. I quote from this Maruti webpage that says

"You can avail of a sales tax exemption in various states across the country.In a few states, the sales tax is considerably lower than the rest of India.Which means, if you book your Maruti through the CSD Depot in Punjab, Bihar,Gujarat, Maharashtra, Goa, Andhra Pradesh, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Nagaland, etc,you will get a considerable tax relief. "

I just wonder if you guys could enlighten me - how much less a Baleno Vxi would cost if purchased through the CSD?

- Thanks
Old 2nd August 2006, 08:49   #14
Ram
Senior - BHPian

Hi Prakash:

Welcome to Team-BHP!

Wow, you fly a crocodile!

Tell me, when you look towards the rotor tip out in front, does it travel right to left as in American choppers or left to right?

In other words do you have to move the cyclic right to move forward
or left to move forward?

Ram

Last edited by Ram : 2nd August 2006 at 08:59.
Old 2nd August 2006, 11:09   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram
Hi Prakash:

Welcome to Team-BHP!

Wow, you fly a crocodile!

Tell me, when you look towards the rotor tip out in front, does it travel right to left as in American choppers or left to right?

In other words do you have to move the cyclic right to move forward
or left to move forward?

Ram
Hi,

First of all any way the rotor turns the cyclic moves forward for the chopper to move forward, why so!!! u will require a rotordynamics class . And yes its opposite to the american way, the rotor moves from left to right.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks