Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2014, 23:41   #1
BHPian

A Big Hello! BHPian reporting

A Big Hello to all you guys out there! I'm Goutham Sunny, fondly called Sunny by friends, a 25 year old Doctor doing my service obligation in a small hospital in Kerala. An ectopic malayali by heritage, I’ve lived/ studied in Cochin, Chennai, Kolkata, Mumbai and Vellore. As you’d come to realise soon, I simply love writing.

My fondness for vehicles started at a very young age when my dad used to take me around in his LML Vespa. Ours was the first Maruti 800 in the whole locality 25 years back, the dark blue one and boy! Wasn’t she a beauty? Our favourite past time during the monotonous auto journey to school was reciting names of cars and TATA Sierra and Estate were favourite ones. Those were also the days when doordarshan aired Moto GPs and WRC reruns on TV. That was also the time of epic rivalry between Michael Schumacher and Mika Hakkinen, the time Makinen ruled WRC and Valentino Rossi Moto GP. We never grew tired playing those computer games; Road rash, Need for speed 2 et al, Monster truck madness. Those were the days.

Few years down the line after I joined college need for a vehicle arose. I was adamant it had to be a bike but parents preferred a car. Well, heart won over brains and a bike was bought and that was the time I stumbled on x-bhp and Team BHP and I was hopelessly hooked. I learnt from here that “Zooming past with wind in the hair” was not really worth it and geared up. Still I go for my helmet before I go for keys and Belt up before I slot the key into ignition. College was also the time I got introduced to Top Gear and I’ve got all 21 seasons with the specials. There was never a better TV ever made in Television history and I’m sure at least a few of you guys will agree.

As years went by, we changed quite a lot of cars at home and currently have 2014 Honda City I DTECH and my first car is a black 2013 VW Polo HL petrol. Again the forum was heavily relied on while making every step to the purchase and I can’t be thankful enough.

My interests outside my profession or unrelated to it are quite limited. Being a doctor in a rural/semi-urban set up keeps you rather occupied. I try my best to uphold my Alma Mater’s motto “Not to be ministered unto but to minister”; that’s the least I could do. Future plans include post graduating if possible in Radiation Oncology and give a few years to MSF. Other interests include Music; I listen to everything from Abba, Carpenters, Clapton, GnR, Zepplin, Opeth to Swedish House Mafia, Avicii and the likes. I read everything from medical journals to autobiographies and philosophy. I love travelling and seeing new places but I don’t think a travelogue can be expected of me because the kind of travels and travelogues I’ve seen here humble me.

Lastly, let me wrap up my rant by saying a big thank you to the moderators for having me here. It is indeed a great honour to be part of this family and I’m eagerly looking forward to have a great time here. And a special mention a great guy, not really sure if it’s appropriate or I'm crossing any lines. The Yeti, you are being missed. I never knew him in person; his first thread I read was his search for a car for The One. Read all his other threads I could find the same day. It was almost like I knew him in person. It was with great shock that I heard the bad news few months later. Sam you will be missed badly.
Autodoc is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th September 2014, 08:42   #2
Team-BHP Support

re: A Big Hello! BHPian reporting

Welcome on board Sunny! You have a lot of petrol flowing in your veins. Your words did did describe your enthusiasm.

Everyone shares something or the other (in some many diverse ways) that is the only way in an open forum where you can share & learn, please contribute, in terms of travelogues, ownership reports...that is the only way of thanking everyone.

Hope to see you around on the forum
Sheel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th September 2014, 13:04   #3
BHPian

Re: A Big Hello! BHPian reporting

Welcome Sunny, this intro of yours spells the interest you posses with automobiles' as is the case with all of us here. keep sharing and have a great time
RJ555 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2014, 10:42   #4
BHPian

Thanks a lot Sheel and RJ555. I will share and contribute meaningfully to the community to the best of my abilities. That is a solemn promise and thanks a lot for the welcome..
Old 7th October 2014, 16:42   #5
Team-BHP Support

Welcome to Team-BHP, Sunny.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autodoc View Post
TATA Sierra and Estate were favourite ones
The Tata Sierra was one of the vehicles that I admired. It was so different from everything else we had seen in this country.

Quote:
I learnt from here that “Zooming past with wind in the hair” was not really worth it and geared up. Still I go for my helmet before I go for keys and Belt up before I slot the key into ignition.
Great to hear that. Never a bad idea to play safe.

Quote:
College was also the time I got introduced to Top Gear and I’ve got all 21 seasons with the specials. There was never a better TV ever made in Television history and I’m sure at least a few of you guys will agree.
It's not just the cars, but also the humour that makes it a hot favourite.

Quote:
As years went by, we changed quite a lot of cars at home and currently have 2014 Honda City I DTECH and my first car is a black 2013 VW Polo HL petrol. Again the forum was heavily relied on while making every step to the purchase and I can’t be thankful enough.
Good to know we have been of some help.

I'm sure you've familiarised yourself with the posting rules. See you on the forum.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed