Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2014, 00:35   #1
BHPian

Finally, into Team-BHP

Hello fellow bhp ians,

First of all let me thank the moderators who granted my membership. Its been a long time since i was trying to get into this world of automobiles, but still i am happy that i am into it.

I'm a doctor by profession. In 2010 while searching for a new hatch back online i came through this team bhp. The forums really helped me in finalising my decisions and i bought an i20 CRDi 1.4 Asta.

Recently we sold off our beauty Lancer LXD after 8 years of blissful ownership. As our i20 had already run 88000km till date and due to huge maintanence costs we thought of getting a replacement for i20 and later on plan to get a sedan as a replacement for lancer.

But this time i didnt had any second thoughts other than the new polo 1.5 TDi. I had eyed on GT TDi, but due to delay in launch and waiting periods we booked Polo 1.5 Highline on 13/8/14.
During the waiting period of almost 1.5 months i was closely following the team bhp forums about the reviews of the new Polo and all those gave me a peace of mind that my decision on Polo was not at all wrong.

I got my Night blue Polo delivered on 29/9/14. Soon after the delivery within 2 days i was granted membership of team bhp too. I am really happy to be a part of this community.
Thanks a lot and keep going...
nidhinsarath is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2014, 08:31   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Finally, into Team-BHP

Welcome to TBHP and congratulations on your new ride. Looking forward to an ownership review of your Polo. Which branch are you practicing in?
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2014, 16:48   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Finally, into Team-BHP

Welcome aboard!

Good choice in the Polo 1.5, although I wish you'd waited for the GT TDI. When you got to live with a car for so many years, what's an additional month or two of waiting.

Surprised to hear about the maintenance costs of the i20. Can you highlight the specific issues you had, or were they part of scheduled repair?

Hope to catch a detailed ownership review from you soon.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2014, 00:20   #4
BHPian

Hello there and welcome aboard!

It feels nice to know that there are many doctors joining the community lately. I too am an aspiring Doctor and currently in my TYMBBS. Hope to become a successful health keeper like you some day and yes congratulations on your new ride and wishing you many happy miles with the beauty! Cya around.

Cheers!
Starfire
Starfire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2014, 04:52   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nidhinsarath View Post
I got my Night blue Polo delivered on 29/9/14. Soon after the delivery within 2 days i was granted membership of team bhp too. I am really happy to be a part of this community.
Thanks a lot and keep going...
Double Congratulations, one for the car and another for becoming a memeber. I wish you had waited for the GT TDI. Is the I20 still with you or you sold it off?
JoseVijay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2014, 14:27   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Welcome to TBHP and congratulations on your new ride. Looking forward to an ownership review of your Polo. Which branch are you practicing in?
Thanks doc,
I will surely come up with the review. I am an orthopaedician.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Welcome aboard!

Good choice in the Polo 1.5, although I wish you'd waited for the GT TDI. When you got to live with a car for so many years, what's an additional month or two of waiting.

Surprised to hear about the maintenance costs of the i20. Can you highlight the specific issues you had, or were they part of scheduled repair?

Hope to catch a detailed ownership review from you soon.
Thanks GTO,
I was told that GT will take more than 3 months to deliver and we were in a hurry to get the new one.
i20 maintenance is 106523/- till date. Here is a brief info.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...s-later-7.html
In this i had to replace my clutch assembly recently at 85k km and it costed me around 22k. Even 2 ABS sensors, MC has been changed once the car crossed 80k. Above all usual service charge was 6-8k on an average.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfire View Post
Hello there and welcome aboard!

It feels nice to know that there are many doctors joining the community lately. I too am an aspiring Doctor and currently in my TYMBBS. Hope to become a successful health keeper like you some day and yes congratulations on your new ride and wishing you many happy miles with the beauty! Cya around.

Cheers!
Starfire
Thank you doctor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseVijay View Post
Double Congratulations, one for the car and another for becoming a memeber. I wish you had waited for the GT TDI. Is the I20 still with you or you sold it off?
Thanks Jose
I was so desperate to get my hands on new car. At the time of booking i was told that GT will take atleast 3-4 months to deliver and the 1.5TDI HL will be delivered in 10-15 days max. But I had to wait for more then 1.5 months to get my car delivered.
i20 is still there and is doing well. It has done 88000km till date. 4 years of ownership.
Old 22nd October 2014, 18:06   #7
BHPian

Hello and congratulations on your new polo tdi.
I too am a new found VW family member and have got the polo GT TSI early this month.
Hoping to get a review soon from you as a cousin is planning on it inspite of the long wait.
Also understand that now the diesel GT is discontinued and the highline model has got it all! (Except for the dsg) unlike the vento diesel.

Sorry cant say welcome to the team, as I myself have been aaded today.

Seasons greeting,
Humbleroadster.
humbleroadster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2014, 12:09   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humbleroadster View Post
Hello and congratulations on your new polo tdi.
I too am a new found VW family member and have got the polo GT TSI early this month.
Hoping to get a review soon from you as a cousin is planning on it inspite of the long wait.
Also understand that now the diesel GT is discontinued and the highline model has got it all! (Except for the dsg) unlike the vento diesel.

Sorry cant say welcome to the team, as I myself have been aaded today.

Seasons greeting,
Humbleroadster.
Why did they discontinue the GT TDi ? Actually i was planning to go for the GT diesel variant but the dealer was not even having any clue about the launch date. So i was forced to book the HL.
Old 23rd October 2014, 13:08   #9
BHPian

Yeah. The GT diesel decision has disappointed many. When I asked the dealer (vw north goa) he too was clueless about the reason behind the decision.

But then again, the 1.5 tdi highline has kept people happy!
Old 23rd October 2014, 14:24   #10
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nidhinsarath View Post
Why did they discontinue the GT TDi ? Actually i was planning to go for the GT diesel variant but the dealer was not even having any clue about the launch date. So i was forced to book the HL.

They didn't. My cousin had booked one and it just reached the dealership early this week. Changes are the facelift face, GT badges on the right side of the grill, black spoiler, black ORVMs, etc.
Old 23rd October 2014, 15:18   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
They didn't. My cousin had booked one and it just reached the dealership early this week. Changes are the facelift face, GT badges on the right side of the grill, black spoiler, black ORVMs, etc.
As per the dealer here, they are taking booking of GT twins but waiting period is close to 4-5 months. But they are not taking any bookings of the HLTDI versions till november end. There is a back log in deliveries of HL.
Old 23rd October 2014, 17:55   #12
BHPian

Oops! Wrong info by the dealer about the diesel GT here in goa then.
Apologies for posting the same. I stand corrected!
Will confirm with the dealer here again.
Same changes on the Tsi as crazy driver has mentioned.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed