Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2014, 05:55   #1
Senior - BHPian

Hello from Mangalore

Hello everyone,

My name is Nithesh and I reside in Mangalore. I was born a car enthusiast and had been designing cars since my very first grade, not the box models but the ones I would find on magazine covers.
I took it up as a hobby, developed my drawing skills. Then took up 3D modelling which I learnt on my own via Youtube after completing high school.
Then after 10+2 I took up Diploma in Automobile Engg only so that I can understand how vehicles work and I'm glad I took it up because I got to work with old and new vehicles with a hands on approach, something they don't teach you much if you took up Mechanical engineering. But then I realized I also had to have a degree for backup, so after Diploma I dove right into Mechanical Engineering and I just completed my B.E.
During my time in Diploma, I was part of a project that led to the development of a CNG+Petrol run Pulsar which was successful and then during my B.E my project work was to create a composite material to replace existing Al-alloy in automotive components including engine internals to reduce wear rate and it was also successful.

For now, I'm dodging IT related jobs and am only pursuing to break through into an Automotive brand in whatever capacity possible. I'll give it one more year, failing which I plan to create an automotive related startup facility. Still weighing in my options on both so I will keep you posted when anything materializes.

I own a 2011 CBR 250R. I don't know how I fell in love with motorcycles, I have always been biased to cars.
My favorite car has to be the Mitsubishi Evos IX, wouldn't mind owning a VI either
Been trying to own a 2004+ Lancer or a Cedia for a while but here in this tax heavy state, the deals are always bad. Currently saving up to trade in the little 250R for the CBR650F next year.

Glad to be part of this forum after 5 years and 3 attempts

Cheers,
Nithesh M

Last edited by moralfibre : 11th November 2014 at 08:32. Reason: Minor edits
Nithesh_M is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th November 2014, 09:47   #2
BHPian

re: Hello from Mangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithesh_M View Post
Hello everyone,

Then after 10+2 I took up Diploma in Automobile Engg only so that I can understand how vehicles work and I'm glad I took it up because I got to work with old and new vehicles with a hands on approach, something they don't teach you much if you took up Mechanical engineering. But then I realized I also had to have a degree for backup, so after Diploma I dove right into Mechanical Engineering and I just completed my B.E.

Cheers,
Nithesh M
Hi mate,

Welcome on-board,
After becoming the member of Team-BHP, I started interacting with couple of like minded people. You are another one in that list

I highlighted few point in your post, they are applicable for me as well

I have done my Diploma in Automobile, B.E in mechanical and Masters in Machine Design. Started my career with TATA Motors and moved onto Aerospace.

Last edited by moralfibre : 11th November 2014 at 09:58. Reason: Trimming quoted post.
Old 11th November 2014, 12:22   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Hello everyone,

My name is Nithesh and I reside in Mangalore.
.................................................. ...............

Cheers,
Nithesh M
Hi Nitesh,

Welcome aboard! Have fun!

Cheers,
Alston
Old 11th November 2014, 13:15   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillsnrains View Post
Hi mate,

Welcome on-board,
After becoming the member of Team-BHP, I started interacting with couple of like minded people. You are another one in that list

I highlighted few point in your post, they are applicable for me as well

I have done my Diploma in Automobile, B.E in mechanical and Masters in Machine Design. Started my career with TATA Motors and moved onto Aerospace.
Woah! I thought that was impossible in the current scenario. Congrats
I also intended to do masters but i'm not really sure if i really wanted to delve into that area right now.

And thanks Alston

Cheers,
Nithesh
Old 12th November 2014, 08:53   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Woah! I thought that was impossible in the current scenario. Congrats
I also intended to do masters but i'm not really sure if i really wanted to delve into that area right now.

And thanks Alston

Cheers,
Nithesh
Here is my unsolicited advise

You can give try for Masters in your area of interest, you won't regret!

Let me know If you need any help in deciding/planning.
hillsnrains is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2014, 13:03   #6
Team-BHP Support

Welcome aboard Nithesh_M!

Quote:
I took it up as a hobby, developed my drawing skills. Then took up 3D modelling which I learnt on my own via Youtube after completing high school.
Do check out this thread & dig up some stuff to contribute : link

cya
R
Rehaan is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks