Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2014, 11:13   #1

Hiya there folks!

So here I am at last!
Well actually it's not been that long. At all.
I found out about TBHP fairly recently. Just a few months back to be more accurate. I was on the lookout for a car (Tata Xenon XT) and couldn't find any useful reviews out there till I stumbled on TBHP. And man was it good!

I mean, I have been on the lookout for a TBHP like site for years. Years! But the Indian Automotive Scene around me had always been.. well dull! But then the might gods of the interweb arose. They saw the atheist in me and were determined to correct that fallacy so using their powers of magic (and by that I mean Google search) they directed me to the Mecca of Automobile enthusiasts. And so here I am. A humble worshiper at the altar of the foundation of the modern world - the Automobile.

Anyways, now a little about myself. While my handle says Vikram Patel, that is not my real name. That is just a pseudonym I use to write. And yes, I am a writer. I freelance for different blogs and journals. And I teach workshops on Creative Writing and English.

I am a 22 year old guy from a small and quaint town of Ambala. Many of you probably wouldn't even have heard of it and that's alright. It's not that exciting or interesting. but to put things in perspective, I am 45 km away from Chandigarh and exactly 200 km away from New Delhi. While I have spent the majority of my life in this little town, I was for the past 4 years studying in Switzerland in a Liberal Arts college (Franklin University Switzerland) and before that I spent 4 years in Amity University Noida. So while I am a small town boy, I am not a stranger to the ocean around me.

As for cars, I had always been in love with cars. And not just the young boy stereotype of 'ohh! that's a coll car I bet it would drive fast' way but actually in love. The physics, the technicality, the space, the movement. Anything car was my love. I am still not as in love with driving as I am enthralled by the concept of a car. It was and always has been love at first sight. And I guess it's genetic. Both my father and y grandfather love cars. In my house we have had all three of the classics - Amby, Standard and Padmini. Then we had the evergreen 800. Apart from that we have owned a Van, Indica, Sumo, Esteem, Qualis, Innova, Santro, Lancer, City, Swift, Vento, Ertiga, Micra, and the latest acquisition, Tata Xenon XT. I remember steering cars sitting in the lap of my father. I remember road trip where we would be constantly on the road for 16 hours. Hell even my first proper word was 'caaaar' when I saw a bright red standard on the way to Shimla. I have missed exams to go buy cars and only dated girls who know how to drive a manual (many Americans don't unfortunately).

But unfortunately I am not well versed with the technicalities of a car. Whatever I know is from personal experience and the interweb. Since I never got an engineering degree I feel I will be mostly useless in the technical divisions of this forum where fairly anointed names in the automotive industry sit. Either ways I'll try my best.

Anyhow, I think I have rambled on long enough. I am super excited to get to know you peeps. See you on the forums!
Vikram Patel is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 20th November 2014, 18:00   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hiya there folks!

Welcome aboard "Vikram Patel"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikram Patel View Post
I was on the lookout for a car (Tata Xenon XT) and couldn't find any useful reviews out there till I stumbled on TBHP.
I hope this is the Xenon review you read? It's hillarious! Link

Quote:
While my handle says Vikram Patel, that is not my real name.
Is this more proof that you really can't trust what you read on the internet?

Cheers,
Bill Gates.
Rehaan is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 20th November 2014, 18:00   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Welcome!

Quote:
I was on the lookout for a car (Tata Xenon XT) and couldn't find any useful reviews out there till I stumbled on TBHP. And man was it good!
Happy to help, glad you finally found your way!

Quote:
Tata Xenon XT
Not everyday you come across someone buying a Xenon. Hope you plan to share a review for us to enjoy, and also touch upon why you chose it over the Isuzu D-Max.

Congrats on the truck
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2014, 00:19   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Welcome aboard "Vikram Patel"!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Welcome!

Happy to help, glad you finally found your way!
Thanks guys! Glad to be here!

Quote:
I hope this is the Xenon review you read? It's hillarious! Link
Haha! The first one I read actually. Unfortunately made me fall even more in love with the darned vehicle.

Quote:
Is this more proof that you really can't trust what you read on the internet?

Cheers,
Bill Gates.
Mr. Gates, I sincerely hope you don't believe everything you read on the innternet!

Quote:
Not everyday you come across someone buying a Xenon. Hope you plan to share a review for us to enjoy, and also touch upon why you chose it over the Isuzu D-Max.

Congrats on the truck
I am in the process of writing a review but I have only driven the truck 3k km yet and haven't really taken it offroading so I'm just taking my time to write a review that will actually add to the other discussions.

Also I forgot to mention but I am a big OTR fan. So any peeps in and around the Chd. and New Delhi area but sure to hit me up.
Old 3rd December 2014, 00:24   #5
Senior - BHPian

Hey Vikram,(Well that's what i will call you for now)
Welcome to the forums, Good to see another genuine bhpian from my hometown. And yeah no need to look around for 4x4 enthusiasts, you got a few in your hometown.

See you around.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed