Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2014, 01:25   #1
BHPian

Hello Team-BHP!

Hi All,

I can't believe i got in on my second try. First and foremost thanks to the moderators for letting me be a part of this wonderful community and appreciate the quality that is maintained here in Team-BHP.
I have been following Team-BHP far longer than i can remember, so much so that it is now a part of my daily routine.

My dad used to have a Yezdi 250 Classic which became my first love in the world of machines. He used to work on it on holidays and i used to shadow him so that by the time i was in my 1st standard i knew its manual in and out and could identify all its parts, I still got that manual with me, boy that's what manuals should be like. He had to let go of it as spares weren't easy to come by and went for a Bajaj Caliber 115 which has been doing duty ever since (~11 years).
Our first car was a Santro Xing which my dad got second hand in 2007 and we learnt the nuances of owning a car on it. I learnt driving on it and even got Team-BHP stickers for it.
Finally we replaced the faithful old darling with a chevvy beat diesel. I regularly do 200 kms runs to my hometown from Kolkata every month as well as do trips to places around kolkata. The oil burner does not burn a hole in my pocket .I hope to keep going places on my kid and sharing my experiences.

As for me i am an avid reader, i read almost anything i lay my eyes on. I also have an immense fascination about all sorts of military tech and hardware and i nurture an amateur photographer in me.
I am looking forward to an exciting association with the community and hope to enjoy every bit of it.

Thanks again for allowing me to be a part of Team-BHP,

Have fun and drive safe!!
shantonob is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th December 2014, 15:00   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hello Team-BHP!

Hi shantonob,

Welcome to the Team-BHP Community.

Even I was a passive reader for the longest time before I actively began posting on the forum. The only difference being, back when I got my membership, the screening process wasn't as rigid as it is. But then, to maintain the quality of the forum, it is an essential aspect right?

Do go through the rules once before posting on the forum.

See you around.
S2!!! is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2014, 20:08   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Hello, welcome to Team bhp. Wish you a pleasant stay over here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantonob View Post
and went for a Bajaj Caliber 115 which has been doing duty ever since (~11 years).
I love this bike. One of my friend own this bike since 2003. I specially love the tachometer of this bike, the way the color turns to red from green if we rev the engine harder!

As i see you are from Kolkata , so letting you know that this month on 22nd we are having a Kolkata Team Bhp winter meet. It will be our pleasure to have you on the meet.

For the meet details please check out this thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...et-2014-a.html
Samba is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2014, 21:32   #4
BHPian

Welcome Shantonob. Great respect for the Yezdi. It stands out in my memories of two-wheelers. Not sure why, but as a kid it was my favorite bike, more than the Enfield, which was a close second. Something about the shape of that bike just hangs on my mind even today.

Wish you a good journey with Team-bhp. Like you, I followed passively for a long long time, before trying an failing the first time to get in, and making it the second time.
Old 9th December 2014, 10:03   #5
BHPian

Hi Samba,
Thanks for the invitation.The pleasure is all mine. It will be great to meet the team. And the dates 21st (Sunday) right?

Hi PV,
What i loved most about Yezdi was is twin exhaust and boy it was the sweetest sounding bike ever. Though i seriously feel bad about not being able to ride it. My dad had to sell it off before i learnt to ride a bike.

Last edited by GTO : 9th December 2014 at 17:06. Reason: Merging back to back posts
shantonob is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2014, 11:27   #6

@Shantonob, hey welcome to the group.I too got approved in my second try and felt immensely surprised and happy and enjoying every bit of it. Yes, as you said, It has now become a daily routine to check/read TeamBHP.
Old 9th December 2014, 12:55   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantonob View Post
Hi Samba,
Thanks for the invitation.The pleasure is all mine. It will be great to meet the team. And the dates 21st (Sunday) right?
My bad, its 21st December Sunday not 22nd.

Last edited by Samba : 9th December 2014 at 12:57.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed