Team-BHP - BHPians - How's it going?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Introduce yourself (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   BHPians - How's it going? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/158601-bhpians-hows-going.html)

Hola! I'm pretty awkward introducing my self usually but any ways.

So finally decided to join after years of stalking this forum. I am Ishan, an 18 years old complete petrol head. I am currently doing the usual 10+2 and waiting to get free after its over. I am also planning to pursue transportation design( very serious and have been since like 7th grade) after 12th. I currently reside in Noida and my ride is a 2002 WagonR that was my dad's first car. Other cars in the family are a 2012 Honda City S and a 2011 Toyota Innova GO( which will depart soon). Sadly,no bike as of yet but I do want to change that with a 300 kwacker.
My interests apart from bikes and cars are aircraft's,weight
training,fitness,travelling(ROAD TRIP FTW),soothing music and sketching.
Interests inside the automotive field is pretty much everything. Exotics excite me but I am a huge fan of Italian cars(Ferrari F40,Alfa Montreal,Lancia Straros) ,some JDM(Evo and skyline sort) cars and obviously bikes. I tend to prefer older cars and quite hate the new computers on wheels.
I in fact like Italians so much that my dream is to work(design) with Ferrari and to own a Lancia/Romero. Ultimate crazy dream(dreams are good as Soichiro said)
is to set my own exotic company in India, one with some more emphasis towards aesthetics than the Avanti.

My favourite "indian" cars and bikes are Honda City Vtec(good ol one),Octi RS, Fiesta S,Baleno,Zen,Gypsy, RD 350(love this smoker), Yezdi Roadking and Suzuki Samurai.
Looking forward to all.

Welcome aboard Ishan! While you take time out to acquaint yourself with the forum guidelines, I am sure we would love to hear about the transportation design you have mentioned.

Happy journey and drive safe!

Quote:

Originally Posted by honeybee (Post 3602165)
Welcome aboard Ishan! While you take time out to acquaint yourself with the forum guidelines, I am sure we would love to hear about the transportation design you have mentioned.

Happy journey and drive safe!

Transportation design is basically a formal way of saying that I want to be a car designer. Actually,I am rather clueless about this course and wanted to take some help from the gurus in this field.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doge (Post 3602262)
Transportation design is basically a formal way of saying that I want to be a car designer.

Oh, there are many Alfetti here. :D

And I imagine you must have seen this video. Trust the Italians to make the Flat-12 layout work. The Alfettas are quite something to handle, yes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-eKJ6G6XAc

As an aside- ever opened up a Fiat Punto/Linea? The number of parts that have Lancia/Fiat/Alfa Romeo marked is simply impressive. Makes you feel that you're driving a half Alfa-Romeo.

And when you reach the curves in an Italian car.......:D

Hey, Welcome Ishaan! Enjoy your stay here and do keep sharing about your interests.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FINTAIL (Post 3602322)
Oh, there are many Alfetti here. :D

And I imagine you must have seen this video. Trust the Italians to make the Flat-12 layout work. The Alfettas are quite something to handle, yes.

Well Murray is a genius. I also loved the boxer of the Ferrari BB.
So many legends in that one video. Actually,I am quite worried about the future of Alfa. Discontinuing Berera and 159 was a shocker for me,sadly the world prefers diesel Germans over the chromed engines and simply astonishing bodies. I don't want Alfa to die like Lancia.
Regarding Fiats,no sadly I have only sat in a 90 hp and it too is beautiful.

Mod Note : Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post and avoid quoting images / videos in your reply.

Quoting a full, long post with images / videos inconveniences our mobile readers. Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doge (Post 3602148)
Hola! I'm pretty awkward introducing my self usually but any ways.

So finally decided to join after years of stalking this forum. I am Ishan, an 18 years old complete petrol head. I am currently doing the usual 10+2 and waiting to get free after its over. I am also planning to pursue transportation design( very serious and have been since like 7th grade) after 12th. I currently reside in Noida and my ride is a 2002 WagonR that was my dad's first car. Other cars in the family are a 2012 Honda City S and a 2011 Toyota Innova GO( which will depart soon). Sadly,no bike as of yet but I do want to change that with a 300 kwacker.
My interests apart from bikes and cars are aircraft's,weight
training,fitness,travelling(ROAD TRIP FTW),soothing music and sketching.
Interests inside the automotive field is pretty much everything. Exotics excite me but I am a huge fan of Italian cars(Ferrari F40,Alfa Montreal,Lancia Straros) ,some JDM(Evo and skyline sort) cars and obviously bikes. I tend to prefer older cars and quite hate the new computers on wheels.
I in fact like Italians so much that my dream is to work(design) with Ferrari and to own a Lancia/Romero. Ultimate crazy dream(dreams are good as Soichiro said)
is to set my own exotic company in India, one with some more emphasis towards aesthetics than the Avanti.

My favourite "indian" cars and bikes are Honda City Vtec(good ol one),Octi RS, Fiesta S,Baleno,Zen,Gypsy, RD 350(love this smoker), Yezdi Roadking and Suzuki Samurai.
Looking forward to all.

Welcome Ishan. Transportation Desiagn ehh, Nice ;)

University of Art, California offers one of the best in that field. Suggest you to pursue a degree in Mechanical or Automobile Engg and then move to US for Master in Transportation Design. I have a very close buddy and a fellow biker buddy who has done exactly the same. And for your luck he is the rep that University in India :)

So feel free to ping me on that. Cheers :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshayhonda (Post 3602934)
Welcome Ishan. Transportation Desiagn ehh, Nice ;)

University of Art, California offers one of the best in that field. Suggest you to pursue a degree in Mechanical or Automobile Engg and then move to US for Master in Transportation Design. I have a very close buddy and a fellow biker buddy who has done exactly the same. And for your luck he is the rep that University in India :)

So feel free to ping me on that. Cheers :)

That's a sweet Duke you got there, always loved the black colour on it.
The institute you mention is cool and your mate will be of immense help to me as very few people have a clue about this.
I think to ping you,we both need to post 25(?) times. I think that's how the PM works.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doge (Post 3603273)
That's a sweet Duke you got there, always loved the black colour on it.
The institute you mention is cool and your mate will be of immense help to me as very few people have a clue about this.
I think to ping you,we both need to post 25(?) times. I think that's how the PM works.

Thanks mate.

Well you could get in touch with me on FB: https://www.facebook.com/akshaytendu

Or can gimme a call :)