Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2006, 00:43   #1

Zen 160+kmph

Hi Guys , Angad Here But Everybody Calls Me AD

Im Fan Of Street Racing And Rash Driving...

I Put Ngk G-power (platinum Tip) Spark Plugs To My Zen Vxi(type III)
And Touched 160+kmph(almost 180 That My S-rated Tyres Deformed)

I Do Have Video Of Dong That But Due To My Account Limitation I Cant Post That

So Plz Help And Tell Me What To Do ???

Last edited by biker911ad : 9th August 2006 at 00:45.
Old 9th August 2006, 00:49   #2
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Well welcome oh fan of street racing and rash driving !!!! Im not quite sure u will have a warm welcome after reading ur 2nd line from most members here ..

So u say , after changing ur spark plugs ur zen went upto 160 + ?? Or is that 180 ?? Unless u have other mods on the car as well ..

As far as the video goes , try uploading it on rapidshare.de and then post the link here ..
Old 9th August 2006, 00:50   #3
Senior - BHPian

Erm...hello.

How do you know you almost touched 180? The speedo on the Zen is 160.

I'd like to see a video of Dong That too.

Don't drive rash, or you'll never get an account that will let you post videos.
Old 9th August 2006, 02:23   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Well AD,
Firstly, welcome to team-BHP. Though I guess we all love cars and speed, we're not fans of any rash driving. Enjoy your life, drive safe and keep your belts on.

Sorry if i wet blanketed your enthusiasm, but i'd like to see you here, alive, one day as a senior-BHPian. Please be safe.

And yeah, where's the Dong that video?
Old 9th August 2006, 06:03   #5
BHPian

Hey Ad,

Welcome to T-BHB.
True as all the BHPian's would agree, driving skill is not how rash you drive. Be careful, you can replace your car but not you. Drive safe.
Old 9th August 2006, 10:33   #6
BHPian

What profile tyres do you have?
That would explain the speed part
Old 9th August 2006, 12:32   #7
Team-BHP Support

biker911ad, we do not encourage rash driving and over speeding on Team-BHP. Please go through the Announcements section before you post anymore.
Regarding this section, it's meant strictly for telling other members about yourself. Here are tips on How to post an Introduction.
Please co-operate.
Thanks.
Old 9th August 2006, 12:42   #8

rash driving.. since when was that a thing to boast about or think its cool........ any other guy can be rash on the road. try video games if u wanna b rasshhhhhhhhhhhhh
Old 9th August 2006, 13:06   #9
F50
Senior - BHPian

Hey AD remember onething rash is not fast.
Old 9th August 2006, 19:08   #10

well one thing for sure i know what rash driving is ... and im not encouraging anyone to do so ...

im 22 years old and i have 70,000km car driving experience
i hate drag racing same as i hate drifting...

to know your car better you have to push it to its limits and im not talking about speed here...

its on your safe side to know how your car handle in different conditions and when you have to fall back
Old 9th August 2006, 19:42   #11
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker911ad

to know your car better you have to push it to its limits and im not talking about speed here...
We encourage this on track in controlled conditions and not on the roads. You may have driven 70k km but if you have been driving like a hooligan for all those km and potentially endangering others, please note that

1: You were damn lucky not skillful
2: This forum does not concur with your values
Old 9th August 2006, 20:24   #12
rks
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat
We encourage this on track in controlled conditions and not on the roads. You may have driven 70k km but if you have been driving like a hooligan for all those km and potentially endangering others, please note that

1: You were damn lucky not skillful
2: This forum does not concur with your values
In his intro AD says he is a fan of street racing and rash driving. But if he has driven 70000 kms and assuming he has not had a serious accident and assuming his accident rate is in general very low, he must be a reasonably skilled driver. You can get lucky for a day or two, or a month or two, or even a year -- but not for years together. So he is probably being harsh on himself by characterizing his driving as "rash".

But I wouldn't try to justify street racing -- this is dangerous even on multi-lane expressways. In general a good driver sticks to his driving style even under provocation -- speeding up to prevent someone from overtaking and getting into a race will inevitably lead to accidents, if not from one's own errors, then from the errors of the other driver -- you cannot assume that the other driver is as skilled as you are -- but you are responsible for the accident if you provoke a street race or get provoked into joining a race. This is something that AD will learn when he becomes more mature.

I will admit, though, that I always try to prevent heavy vehicles from overtaking me -- even if that means I have to speed up a little (however, not on bad, pot-holed roads where bus drivers generally go very fast). These heavy vehicles are an enormous nuisance if you let them get ahead.
Old 9th August 2006, 21:34   #13
BANNED

Hi and welcome to Team-BHP!

I dunno what to say. But it sounded like you're trying to boast something here. There're faster cars owned by the T-BHPians here. So, that dont impress us much.

And before you introduce your car, it'll be good if you can introduce yourself for which this section is supposed to be.

And dont think we hate you. We're just guiding you so that you'll enjoy your drive in Team-BHP. The roads in Team-BHP are curvy enough for enjoyment and straights are flat-outs where you can do better than 160+ speeds.

BTW, check your speedo for errors!!
Old 9th August 2006, 22:52   #14
rks
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker911ad
Hi Guys , Angad Here But Everybody Calls Me AD

Im Fan Of Street Racing And Rash Driving...

I Put Ngk G-power (platinum Tip) Spark Plugs To My Zen Vxi(type III)
And Touched 160+kmph(almost 180 That My S-rated Tyres Deformed)
It is OK to drive fast, but not OK to drive rashly. I am sure you know the distinction. Good drivers will get offended if they are accused of being rash, but you seem to take pride in it -- so you need some advice and here it is.

A simple check for good driving is what I had defined many times in this forum -- good drivers rely on *their own* skills for survival on the road; bad drivers rely on the driving skills of others for survival. Thus if you are often making other drivers brake because of your driving, you are a bad driver by definition. To state just one example -- if you drive fast and overtake frequently (as I often do) that is OK as long as you have the necessary skills -- but not OK if you make rash overtakes that force either the overtaken vehicle or an oncoming vehicle to brake and let you pass. For then you rely on other drivers' skills for your survival. In fact many times it is clear to me that fast driving and skilled overtaking is safer than being overtaken frequently -- in the latter case you are relying on the skills of others to overtake you safely whereas in the former you are relying on your own skills. But you should not overdo it and be aware of your own limitations as well as that of your vehicle.

By the above definition, it is obvious that street racing is bad driving. For example suppose on a narrow road a Skoda Octavia driver challenges your Zen to let him pass. Suppose the road is reasonably free of traffic, so that there is no vehicle for a considerable distance ahead of you. If you speed up and try to prevent the Octavia guy from overtaking you, you are a bad driver. Why? Because the Octavia is obviously the faster vehicle and is askiing to pass you. If you frustrate the Octavia driver for long, he may be provoked into making a rash overtake that would endanger you, him and possibly others on the road.

On the other hand, if there is a reasonable amount of traffic on the road and you feel that you can use your Zen's smaller size and superior maneverability to zip ahead of this traffic and leave the Octavia stranded behind, then that is a legitimate form of fast driving. I often do that in my Santro; but if an Octavia or some other faster vehicle challenges me on an empty road, I let him pass as soon as it is safe to do so.
Old 9th August 2006, 23:05   #15
BHPian

welcome to TBHP..
seems your spark plugs helped you to reach 160 K in a zen.
would love to read your posts ..
by the way have you heard of stuff like "speedo error + tyre profile" ?

Last edited by chetanhanda : 9th August 2006 at 23:07.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks