Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2015, 17:38   #1
BHPian

Finally I made the cut!

Hello Everyone,

Hurray! I finally made it. Trust me when I say this but seeing the "Approval" email gave me the same level of joy that I get when I buy a new vehicle.

A brief introduction:
My name's Saurabh and I stay in Indirapuram, Ghaziabad. I work as an IT Project Manager in Iraq.

Car History:
The first car I bought was a Hyundai Santro Xing. Graduating to a Santro from a Maruti Suzuki 800 was a BIG step. We never contemplated the difference between a normal steering and a power steering.

This was later followed by a pre-worshipped Honda Accent.
We kept both the cars for a while but decided to part with the Accent as the maintenance cost kept rising (No surprises as it was a second-hand car).

This made way for a brand new Honda City and boy did we enjoy that car. The car sadly met with a minor accident after 4 years of ownership and we decided it was time to move on to a new car.

In came the Neo Fluidic Hyundai Elantra. Drop-dead gorgeous. Period. It's been 2 years of hassle-free ownership and we absolutely love the car.
The Santro was also sold subsequently and was replaced by Ford Figo for the parents to be chauffeured in.

I never felt the need for another car until I moved back from London. The family had a hatchback and a sedan. What was missing was a crossover/mini-SUV. This prompted me to go for a Ford Ecosport Titanium. I and my brother decided to try out a few mods on this. Got the Ecosport wrapped in Matte grey and also got her a set of good looking alloys. Changed the head-lights to DRLs. And now I can safely say that my Ecosport stands apart from the crowd. She is a head turner!

Bike History:
We started off with a Bajaj Cailber back when I was in the college.

This was sold after 2 years to make way for the most awaited and possibly the most successful bike in India - the mighty Bajaj Pulsar 180 DTSi. I still have this bike and never contemplated selling it because I have a special connection with this one. More on this in another post.

In 2012, I decided to venture into the superbike territory as this was always a dream. Got myself a Hyosung 650 GTR in black. Loved the bike. She was black, powerful and sexy as hell. However, this is not a practical bike to be ridden every day. It was enjoyable and fun at start but started getting clumsy and tiring. Battery problems became a regular phenomenon last year and we kind of lost interest in the bike. The bike was sold.

Not having a good looking bike in the shoddy and pathetic parking we have (Apartment), started bothering me. One fine day, I took the plunge and got myself the one I always wanted - the mighty Harley Iron 883 (I know purists call the Iron a mini-Harley but hey for a first timer, it is big enough). The feeling that you get when you ride a Harley cannot be described in words. I saw my dad jump to ride this bike (he never rode a bike since he sold his RE after he got married). It was unbelievable and it still is!

The only thing missing for now is a powerful car (I desperately want a V8). But as I have recently got married, I am not sure if and when this dream will be realised. I will keep dreaming though.

Cheers,
Saurabh
TheDesertRat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th January 2015, 18:03   #2
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDesertRat View Post
A brief introduction:
My name's Saurabh and I stay in Indirapuram, Ghaziabad. I work as an IT Project Manager in Iraq.
Welcome on board.

Great intro buddy, good detail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDesertRat View Post
This was later followed by a pre-worshipped Honda Accent.
When did this happen?

Honda and Accent?!

a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2015, 18:03   #3
Team-BHP Support

Re: Finally I made the cut!

Welcome Saurabh and thanks for the great intro. Looking forward to you sharing the detailed ownership reports of your current fleet. I for one would be looking forward to the Fluidic Elantra report, quite a nice car it is. Sad that it is not given the marketing attention that is needed/deserved.

Last edited by Jaggu : 14th January 2015 at 18:05.
Old 14th January 2015, 18:11   #4
BHPian

Re: Finally I made the cut!

Apologies Anurag.

A prime example of "excitement" getting the best of me there

Correction: Hyundai Accent it was
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks