Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2015, 20:43   #1

Namaskar!

Hi everyone,

A Newbie at last! I cannot truly express the joy I felt when I saw my mail regarding the membership. My name is Shyam, and my hometown is Mangalore. I presently live in a small town in Palakkad District, Kerala (Pattambi).

The first vehicle in my home was a red 1987 Kinetic Honda scooter that my Dad was proud of, and that was his lone vehicle until 1998. That is when he got the humble Maruti Omni home. We then bought a Maruti Ritz in 2010, sold it off in 2012( my Dad really had it with the rattles it developed), and bought a pre-owned 2011 BNW Fiat Punto MJD with 35k on the Odometer instead. This car is still with us, running strong at 90k kms.
My first car was the Maruti Baleno, bought pre owned in 2011. It was a september 2006 example with 45k on the odometer when I bought it, and has been sold off just last week. It has been replaced now with a 38k kms run Skoda Rapid, 2012 (hopefully not to regret the decision).

About me:

29 years of age, a oral & maxillofacial surgeon by profession, married, no kids.

Most fervent interests include gadgets, books, and cars in that order!

Anyway, I am really glad I got into this community. The first time I tried to register, I imagined the reply was to be within 120 letters(!) and got it wrong then.

Salut!
shyamomfs is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th January 2015, 17:15   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Namaskar!

Welcome to the forums Shyam! That's quite a versatile line up of cars in your portfolio. You've taken on a lot of safe bets, but have also taken risks by dropping your money down for a used Fiat & Skoda (Personally ride a Royal Enfield, but find it hard to cross the Japanese threshold when it comes to cars).

I get the sense you have a great eye for bargains. Do share your experience with your new Skoda once you've had a few months with it.
Old 26th January 2015, 13:57   #3

Thanks Tushar, the bets have paid off so far, and I'll put down my Skoda experience soon. But I got to say, once you cross the 'Japanese threshold' , there may not be any looking back. At the very least, it will be very hard to.
Regards,
Shyam.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks