Team-BHP - New to Team BHP
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Introduce yourself (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   New to Team BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/15999-new-team-bhp.html)

Hi there!

I'm GauravK & have been into cars & bikes longer than I can remember. I currently run a Skoda Octavia vRS (with a few mods & a few more on the way), used to own a Honda City 1.5 (the real rice rocket, not the jello lookalike) & a Daewoo Cielo (my first car). Prior to that I rode an Enfield Machismo for several years (till I could afford a car I would enjoy).

I'm fonding of modifying cars to suit my driving needs (under the hood only) & I look forward to sharing & gaining from your experiences. I'm based out of Delhi & have interacted with some of the performance tuners in the area. I think this is a magnificient force multiplier in this very nacent and chaotic market place. Glad to be a part of a group which will hopefully not tell me to make changes to protect "resale value".

Cheers!

Quote:

I currently run a Skoda Octavia vRS (with a few mods & a few more on the way), used to own a Honda City 1.5 (the real rice rocket, not the jello lookalike) & a Daewoo Cielo (my first car).
Leaving aside the Cielo (arguably), the best drivers cars from their generation, eh? Good taste. No ways do some enthusiasts out here care about such pittance as fuel efficiency and resale value.

What else can you tell us about red dot racing ECU remap? Performance gains? Reliability? I know someone who got a Petes remap but took a long time to sort niggling issues out.

Welcome to the team!

Hey bro,
welcome aboard and enjoy your stay here.
You have a nice set of wheels.
Cheers

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO
Leaving aside the Cielo (arguably), the best drivers cars from their generation, eh? Good taste. No ways do some enthusiasts out here care about such pittance as fuel efficiency and resale value.

What else can you tell us about red dot racing ECU remap? Performance gains? Reliability? I know someone who got a Petes remap but took a long time to sort niggling issues out.

Welcome to the team!

Prashant Sagar's "Performance Chipping" uses the same map & results will vary from model to model. For the RS, there is considerable gain in across the power band & Prashant claims a 40 BHP (27%) gain in power. I've read the review of the Pete's rechipped RS with a Remus back box & I'm not entirely sure their remap offers as much in gain the lower range as much as mid range. All in all, a remap is true bang for the buck, specially if you have a turbocharged vehicle.

For the record, at the time I picked the cielo, my options were a new 800 or a older Cielo (cost me 2.95L for a 2 yr old). I still think it was a steal.

Cheers!

p.s. Or it could be a soft corner for my first car :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamborghini
Hey bro,
welcome aboard and enjoy your stay here.
You have a nice set of wheels.
Cheers

Thanks, Lamborghini! I see we share similar tastes. You have a Nexia on your profile.

hey gaurav i like tha sig that u have!! nice job..ur working?

Hi and Welcome to Team-BHP.
Have a nice time bro. This forum is everything for a car fanatic.

Nice cars you've had. Best Driver's cars that is.

Some explanation of yourself will be good too.

I have the most boring day job, with a traditional MNC. It's my fantasies that really keep me going...To own a Porsche Cayman S by 2011 (& by then they should have dialled in more power). Won't be young anymore but hopefully will not have a foot in the grave either.

Cheers!

hmm thats nice..ur like ..30? i assume?