Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2015, 12:52   #1
BHPian

Hello folks! Ashir aka Legoman here

Hello fellow BHPians!

Its only been only a few days since I got approved by the admins, and I am already active all day.

First of all, thanks Admins for tolerating my numerous unsuccessful attempts and finally approving.

I am writing a LONG post. Feel free to skip.

Well about me,

I am Ashir Mittal, as of now pursuing BE Mechanical Engg from Thapar University, 4th year. Though, already placed as GET in the R n D of an Automobile Industry.

Though I belong to the "Land of Mahabharat", Kurukshetra, but I have spent 60% of my time there only till now. Went to boarding school, The Lawrence School, Sanawar, Solan, in 5th class till 7th. And then college after 12th. I have been regularly traveling to Gurgaon for the past 10 years, did my 6 months internship in Gurgaon, when I had Wagon R with me which crossed 200k kms there, and now placed there. Thus, Gurgaon has a special role in my Automobile Enthusiasm.

I own (my Dad), Xcent (S) July, 2014 and WagonR (Lxi) 2006.

Xcent has crossed 15,000 mark and WagonR 200,000 mark. We owned M800 before and before that I was not in this world.

Among 2 wheeler, we have old LML, 2 Activa for mom and grandparent's local needs. Not much about them except that my first step in motorized world in 10th was the LML Scooter, which I learned myself. Then came car.

First time I drove Zen of my uncle (mamaji) again in Gurgaon! Rocket start, pressing Accelerator instead of brake, tried to push a wall of the colony but only able to break headlights.

But this was me stepping into a "real" world of Automobiles! Real??
I was die heard fan of Toy Cars, like everyone here. Not a good collector though. None of the cars I got stood more than few months, I guess the car makers were not used to customers with destructive minds.

Since I wanted new cars all the time, nagging kid (I still am), I got hold of Lego Blocks Architect Sets and a few car sets. And now suddenly my interest shifted from those plastic cars to plastic blocks. Though I never stopped buying cars, but always preferred Lego Blocks, mechanics sets. More of LEGO later.

All this hunt for new cars and limited resources pushed me towards digital life. And soon got addicted to racing games, tycoon, strategy games (Building stuff). Introduce to GTA San Andreas when in hostel in 6th and I had almost played whole game in imagination, since no digital stuff in hostel. After some time, these games got me bored and I started digging up to fulfill my car fantasies by modding the already present vehicles in GTA, entering into world of CAD. (I was in 10th) And that's how my career started taking shape in Mechanical Engg. field.

My hostel room currently (F1 Replaced by Latest model of FSAE type car):
Hello folks! Ashir aka Legoman here-20150109-15.11.09.jpg

Besides automobiles, You are going to hear (or read) A LOT about 4 things from me -
- Team Fateh
- LEGO
- Traveling
- Online Gaming (mostly League of Legends)

I am going to elucidate first 3 in little depth, so, if not interested you can skip to last.

Team Fateh
I am lead designer in Formula Student team of Thapar University.
About Formula SAE: http://www.teamfateh.com/about.html

My main resposibility is CAD modelling and vehicle integration of all the parts virtually. Besides Modelling, FEM and Analysis are also part of my responsibility. And the non-auto responsibility is complete website design and other IT related stuff.

Very passionate of the Team. We spent 10hrs daily (Avg with weekends) during college time and 16-24hrs during vacations, both summer and winter.
Also participated in Formula Student Germany (2013), Hockenheim (Ring) and Formula Czech and plan to visit Silverstone,UK this year for FSUK (2015)
Our car in 2013,
Hello folks! Ashir aka Legoman here-dscn1197.jpg

I am "Green is the new cool"

Hello folks! Ashir aka Legoman here-dscn1568.jpg

Been part of it since 2012 and it is the most I am known for among my friends, next being LEGOman

LEGO
Been part of my childhood, during studious years of XI & XII, and even now in college. Just the bricks are nor more bricks but "Links" now. From LEGO Architect, to LEGO Technic now.
My latest creation, tried to design as close as RC Formula SAE car. It has differential, double independent suspension
Going to update all my creations on my site soon(in profile)

Hello folks! Ashir aka Legoman here-20150114-12.28.58.jpg

My first Technic Model with RC functions!
Hello folks! Ashir aka Legoman here-20120930-21.04.50.jpg

more at
http://technic.lego.com
http://powerfunctions.lego.com

Traveling
Only recently this virus has got into me. Had been fond of driving since the day I broke that Zen. The itch to drive boosted when we used to travel Delhi twice in a week for JEE Coaching in Vidyamandir Classis via personal Car, but with driver. Only absence license was hurdle, and as soon as I got one, first 20min+ drive was straight to Gurgaon from Kurukshetra (4hrs drive) and to everyone's surprise, it was not at all tiring for me! Driving Wagon R during internship, 20km daily in city, was first taste of driving independently and I still cant forget those times, which I hope repeat during job.
After we bought Xcent, I asked to retain WagonR because of the bond I had built with it after internship. Did first family (parents, grandparents, myself) road trip to Shimla, which was first drive in Hill. And new year family road trip to Jaipur. Both being only to relax, family outing, an not to tour the busy city. More in travelogues I plan to write.

A long post indeed but its fun to write. I hope I didn't miss anything.

Last edited by Aditya : 4th February 2015 at 12:11.
Ashir is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 4th February 2015, 12:23   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hello folks! Ashir aka Legoman here

Welcome to Team-BHP Ashir.

Good job with the the Formula SAE car. I see a KTM sticker on in. So I presume you guys are using a bike engine (390?) to power it.

It's been a long time since I got my hands on a Lego / Technic kit. Used to be real fun!

Do take some time to familiarise yourself with the Forum Rules.

See you on the forum.
Aditya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th February 2015, 12:35   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Welcome to Team-BHP Ashir.

Good job with the the Formula SAE car. I see a KTM sticker on in. So I presume you guys are using a bike engine (390?) to power it.

It's been a long time since I got my hands on a Lego / Technic kit. Used to be real fun!

Do take some time to familiarise yourself with the Forum Rules.

See you on the forum.
Thanks Aditya!

Yeah, we use KTM bike engine but its 510 (sponsored & imported)

Have already been through rules a lot of times and still do in between
Ashir is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th February 2015, 21:11   #4
Team-BHP Support

Welcome aboard Ashir!

Great intro. Just looking at the picture of your bedroom shows quite clearly what you're all about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashir View Post
First time I drove Zen of my uncle (mamaji) again in Gurgaon! Rocket start, pressing Accelerator instead of brake, tried to push a wall of the colony but only able to break headlights.
Quite lucky there.

Do use the Team-BHP search (and select "titles only") - for "FSAE", you'll find a couple of threads that'll interest you.

See you around!
R
Rehaan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2015, 22:37   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Welcome aboard Ashir!

Great intro. Just looking at the picture of your bedroom shows quite clearly what you're all about
Thanks! I get the similar expression when anyone enters my room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Do use the Team-BHP search (and select "titles only") - for "FSAE", you'll find a couple of threads that'll interest you.
I actually did the search about a year back and had almost read all of them. Sometimes had to kill time during internship

That includes your Carbon Fiber Seat guide! Though we used only glass fiber, but our approach to make mold was similar. This time we'll have a challenge of making complete bodyworks with carbon fiber/glass fiber. I hope we don't have to turn to external help.
Ashir is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks