Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2015, 23:16   #1
ais
BHPian

Sports, guns and cars

Hello!

I've been browsing Team-BHP for about a year now and gathering information and checking news almost everyday. I thought I'd log in formally AFTER buying my first car, but it seems that's not the way it was destined!

I'm a squash coach, aged 43, based in Mumbai and home town is Panchkula near Chandigarh. I've been interested in airguns and cars since childhood. Presently I use my Father's Esteem during my monthly drive from Panchkula to Dehradun. I hope to buy my own first car- a used BMW 3 soon. I'll need the advise of Team BHP members who may have the knowledge I seek. I'll post my queries in the Advice section as soon as I can figure out how, but basically I need to know from users of both if the previous 3 series E90 will be as good to drive and comfortable (suspension firmness) with tubeless tyres as the new model F30 with run flats/tubeless tyres.

In addition to this, I hope to continue learning more about cars, sharing what little knowledge and experience I have on the same and driving briskly and safely.
ais is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th February 2015, 02:05   #2

Re: Sports, guns and cars

Hey there. From a new member to another.
Same here, I'd been thinking of joining once i formally purchase my own car. But here I am. Unable to resist registering to the Forum that has imbibed so much knowledge about all sorts of vehicles and ideas into my mind since the past 5-6 years.
See you around
Old 8th February 2015, 11:00   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ais View Post
I'm a squash coach, aged 43, based in Mumbai and home town is Panchkula near Chandigarh. I've been interested in airguns and cars since childhood.
Welcome to team bhp. You will find plenty of advice with whatever automotive query you have, and make a lot of friends along the way.

I have started playing squash last year (at the ripe young age of 32) and am hooked on to it. Would request you start a thread on squash, along the lines of this thread. It will help newbies like us refine their game.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...badminton.html.
Old 8th February 2015, 11:14   #4
ais
BHPian

Thanks friends!

I'll surely do that. However, I'll be unable to start new threads until I make 25 posts.

For the same reason, I won't be able to post my queries in the advice section. In case rules permit, knowledgeable members kindly provide the information sought in my introduction. I'm going to check a BMW 320d 2011 model on Tuesday and won't be able to score 25 by then even if I try. Thanks in anticipation.
Old 8th February 2015, 20:38   #5
BHPian

Surely you need to test drive the car before deciding to buy it, right?
Old 9th February 2015, 10:33   #6
ais
BHPian

Yes. I'll be checking one out tomorrow and opening up other options too, and of course test driving. I'll also go for a complete check up by BMW. I intend buying within this month.

Otherwise I have test driven both the E90 and F30 with run flat tyres. I couldn't tell the difference and therefore seek guidance from members who have owned and extensively driven both model and changed to tubeless tyre. During the test drive of the E90 I did aim for a few bumps and potholes but there were no problems I couldn't live with. A ride as a passenger in the pre 2010 model on regular road was very stiff.

It is someone who has extensive experience and is thoroughly familiar with both models over a variety of road that will possibly guide best.
Old 11th February 2015, 09:01   #7
ais
BHPian

The thread on Squash is here-

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...improving.html
ais is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2015, 11:18   #8
BHPian

Welcome to TBHP!
Squash coach at 43! Sir you have my respect!
Old 13th February 2015, 08:44   #9
ais
BHPian

Thanks! I started coaching at 25 years of age. Still at it! Hope to continue as long as possible- no retirement for coaches- we either fade away or get fired.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed