Team-BHP - Finally after 17 tries, the dream came true!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Introduce yourself (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   Finally after 17 tries, the dream came true! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/160909-finally-after-17-tries-dream-came-true.html)

I was gossiping with my friends and an email arrived on my mobile. I opened the email application on my phone quite casually without even getting a slight hint that I have a big surprise waiting for me. As the mail opens, BAM! Team-BHP membership APPROVED! I jumped out of my chair and started shouting- "Yes! Yes! I got the membership". My friends were shocked while i was jumping and shouting, they had no idea what happened to me all of a sudden. Finally! after trying for 17 times in last 3 years, I got the approval to join Team-BHP.
My name is Swapnil Dutta, from Ranchi. I’m 19yrs old and I'm a 1st Year BCA student. I'm currently residing in Kolkata for my studies. I’ve been obsessed with automobiles since a very young age. Had over 110 Indian car models when I was young. My dad always encouraged my love for automobiles. He would get me a new car model every time I did well in my exams. I had nearly every Indian car model from MS Alto to Tata Indica, From HM Ambassador to Mahindra Scorpio(These cars used to cost Rs.60-100 back then). I even used to apply number plates on all my cars after I get themstupid: . I used to tell the make and model of the car from a long distance when I was a kid. The urge for knowing more and more about automobiles began as I grew up. I only used to play car racing games on Computer(mostly Need For Speed). The urge for joining TBHP started 3 years back when I was searching for a solution to an issue related to my car and I landed up on this forum. I’ve been an avid follower of Team-BHP since then. I even did few DIYs on my car after following few threads on TBHP. Made few Team-BHPian friends who were very helpful whenever I needed them regarding any automobile related issues. Arunabh Dey(//M) was very helpful while I was getting My first bike in May 2014, he went with me for the test rides of few bikes. He was also there when I took delivery of my bike. Through him, I met Kumar Saket(Saket77) with whom I did my first big bike trip(933kms) after my bike just completed the run-in period. He has not only helped me in automobile related issues, he always has a solution to my problems whenever I take my problems to him.
Thanks a lot to Saket77 and //M for not getting irritated on my never ending queries and answering them with patience. They would always tell me- "keep trying, you’ll get through TBHP today or tomorrow".

Coming to my Garage, We have a car and 2 bikes. Maruti Suzuki Alto LX(2004) run 27,590kms, Yamaha Fazer(2014) run 3207kms and Hero Honda Super Splendor(2008) run 22,589kms. Our beloved Alto is in pristine condition, thanks to my dad. He’s not an automobile fanatic like me but he is into cars and bikes and he keeps his vehicles well maintained. Even after 10yrs, the alto is going strong. It was completely stock till March 2014 but after I got my license, I did some visual modifications to it and changed the tyres. And let me tell you guys, My alto got Team-BHP’ed even before I got the membership here. My dad was very strict that he won’t give me a bike till I’m legally eligible to drive/ride. So finally I got my first bike on 27th May 2014(Just before turning 19), A Yamaha Fazer, I will post an ownership review soon. My Fazer got Team-BHP'ed even before it got it's registration number. I didn’t bring my bike here in Kolkata because of lack of parking space and I’m not willing to park my bike under open sky. I’ve done few trips with it, The longest trip was Ranchi to Mandarmani(418kms one side) and I plan to do further big trips whenever time permits(and pocket too lol: ).
My dad has previously owned few legends like the Java Yezdi and Yamaha RX100. He still regrets selling the RX100, that was truly a legend. We also owned a Premier Padmini before our Alto.
Apart from automobiles, I love clicking photographs & I'm very much interested in gadgets(specially mobiles).

I Thank the moderators for allowing me to become a part of this Team-BHP family, It was a long time dream to be a member of TBHP. Looking forward to contribute my knowledge about automobiles in this group.

Regards,
Swapnil

17 tries wow. Super like for your presistance and glad to have you here. Do post the pics of your miniature garage. Cheers!

Truly astonished by your spirit, you had a long wait THREE years and 17 attempts. WOW. clap:

Welcome to the Team and would like to take a ride of your mini garage, post some snaps.

17 tries!!! :what:
Now that was something. This shows your love towards our forum.

Welcome onboard. Do not forget to go by the rules of our forum. Hoping to bump upon you on some other thread.

Keep revvin',
petrolhead_neel

So finally here it is! Glad to see you through :). The magic of TBHP is such that it really keeps you interested even after 17 tries. Honestly feeling happy for you. See you around!

Do have a look at the board rules here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announ...e-posting.html

Looking forward to your posts and ownership reports.

Regards,
Saket.

I think 17 tries makes you most deserving member on T-BHP. Will love to see your collection of scale models (one car per picture would be great). Wish you very happy miles ahead with the forum.

Wow Swapnil, 17 tries is quite something ! Not many have such patience. I know a couple of friends who tried passionately for 10-12 odd times, but finally gave up trying. Glad that you are now a part of this clan.

Welcome to the forum.:thumbs up

Waiting to see pictures of your scale model collection, a long-term review of your Alto and an ownership review of the Fazer too.:)

Drive safe.

Arunabh

17 tries is mind boggling man. That is some stubbornness. :)
Well as they say - The wait only makes the victory taste much more sweeter. I hope it turns out to be true for you.

Welcome to Team BHP.

Welcome onboard Swapnil! 17 tries must have hurt but nothing like finally making the cut! :thumbs up

Do have a glance through the board's rules so it is easy for you hereafter. JFTR, the first 25 posts are moderated before they go live. Noticed that a lot of new members have received multiple warnings, infractions and bans off lately - don't lose your hard earned membership just like that!

One thing's for sure - you'll love this place like no other. Happy motoring and posting! :)

Satra pe khatra! But for you the number turned out to be lucky. The award for most number of tries before getting approved goes to you boy!

Welcome aboard. You can become the inspiration for those who have tried 8-9 times and have given up hope :D

-Bhargav

I guess this record holder is another BHPian from Ranchi - Leoshashi, who got lucky on 27th attempt :D

Welcome on board, Swapnil. I'd have thought BCA in your case would stand for Bachelor who Cherishes Automobiles! :p

And what have you done to those 110+ scale models of cars that you had? A few photos of those would be welcome. You might find this thread interesting.

Thank You everyone for the warm welcome. :)
The scale models I had were made of fibre but they had great detailing, not the metal ones. I haven't lost them actually but they were kept somewhere in our store room while our house was getting repaired and I didn't get time after that to find them, got too busy with my studies and now I'm in Kolkata. But I'll definitely try to find them out when I go home next and will post the pictures.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Octane_Power (Post 3648868)
Satra pe khatra! But for you the number turned out to be lucky. The award for most number of tries before getting approved goes to you boy!

Welcome aboard. You can become the inspiration for those who have tried 8-9 times and have given up hope :D

-Bhargav

I so wish i won that award:Frustrati. But as Saket77 said, another BHPian from Ranchi deserves it. He tried 26 times in 8 years. Hats off to him. Thanks a lot for the compliment btw.
Quote:

Originally Posted by SS-Traveller (Post 3649303)
Welcome on board, Swapnil. I'd have thought BCA in your case would stand for Bachelor who Cherishes Automobiles! :p

And what have you done to those 110+ scale models of cars that you had? A few photos of those would be welcome. You might find this thread interesting.

I will surely post few pics of my scale models. Presently I have few pics of my latest scale models i.e A Lamborghini Murcielago, A Lamborghini Gallardo LP-540 and A Bentley Continental Supersports(All in 1:24 scale). Except these, all my scale models were of fibre. And I also have few RC cars and die-cast models in our store room. I'll find them out when i go home.
And BCA in my case stands for the same.

Mod Note : Post Edited. Smiley usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please do NOT use more than 2 smileys in a post.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further

Welcome to the group! I'm a newbie myself and honestly I tried about 5-6 times myself before I "got in" this year! But your 17 tries beats the record I guess! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swapnil_Alto (Post 3648680)
My name is Swapnil Dutta, from Ranchi. I’m 19yrs old and I'm a 1st Year BCA student. I'm currently residing in Kolkata for my studies.

Welcome onboard, Swapnil. Glad to find another BHPian from Ranchi. Looking forward to many good times with you on the road. :) As you'll come to know, our interests are pretty similar.

I’ve been obsessed with automobiles since a very young age. Had over 110 Indian car models when I was young. My dad always encouraged my love for automobiles. He would get me a new car model every time I did well in my exams. I had nearly every Indian car model from MS Alto to Tata Indica, From HM Ambassador to Mahindra Scorpio(These cars used to cost Rs.60-100 back then). I even used to apply number plates on all my cars after I get themstupid: . I used to tell the make and model of the car from a long distance when I was a kid. The urge for knowing more and more about automobiles began as I grew up. I only used to play car racing games on Computer(mostly Need For Speed).

Exactly the same story as mine. ANd I thought I was the only one to have registration plates on my toys. Other mods included exhaust pipes and bull bars made out of refills on my toys. And till date, the only genre games which I have comprehensively played is Racing. Hardly any title is there on this earth which I haven't played.

Made few Team-BHPian friends who were very helpful whenever I needed them regarding any automobile related issues. Arunabh Dey(//M) was very helpful while I was getting My first bike in May 2014, he went with me for the test rides of few bikes. He was also there when I took delivery of my bike. Through him, I met Kumar Saket(Saket77) with whom I did my first big bike trip(933kms) after my bike just completed the run-in period. He has not only helped me in automobile related issues, he always has a solution to my problems whenever I take my problems to him.
Thanks a lot to Saket77 and //M for not getting irritated on my never ending queries and answering them with patience. They would always tell me- "keep trying, you’ll get through TBHP today or tomorrow".

I didn't know them personally before joining TBHP, but have tried chasing them just to say hello to them and meet them. Must say, BHPian Saket is a gem of a person, and like a big brother to me. Haven't been lucky enough to meet Arunabh yet.

Apart from automobiles, I love clicking photographs & I'm very much interested in gadgets(specially mobiles).

Again!!! I am myself an active member at Thinkdigit and XDA.

I Thank the moderators for allowing me to become a part of this Team-BHP family, It was a long time dream to be a member of TBHP. Looking forward to contribute my knowledge about automobiles in this group.

Regards,
Swapnil

I would personally like to thank MODs to give me an opportunity to know another petrolhead cum Gadgets' freak.

Quote:

Originally Posted by saket77 (Post 3648925)
I guess this record holder is another BHPian from Ranchi - Leoshashi, who got lucky on 27th attempt

Acknowledging with a sheepish grin, that's a record which only an Auto enthusiast can be proud of!!!