Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2015, 11:55   #1
BHPian

Hello diesel-heads & petrol-heads!

Hello All,

Greetings from the NATIONAL CAPITAL !!

Special thanks to the mods for approving my membership after 3 trials. Finally I'm home yeeeee.

I'm 30 years of age married and one kid. I love to ride and drive. I've been an crazy about any mechanical thing that moves fast !!
Automobiles came to my mind at a very early age, when my parents gifted me my very first toy car, and since then little Shashwat became crazy about cars, bikes even trucks, speed boats, and Trains (how can I forget trains).
My parents tell me that I was very obsessed with trains, and I used to dance and jump in excitement everytime our black and white TV showed train.

I first drove a vehicle when I was 14. It was not exactly driving, I was on a cushion placed between 2 seats of my uncles Maruti 800. He asked me to hold the wheel and taught me how to change gears. Now how can a teenager say no to this, Right ?? That was the end to driving at that age.

My dad later taught my to ride our LML Vespa, I was 16 then. I never rode our scooter alone until I was with a driving license.

My proper car driving came on secluded district highways of UP. I was 17 when I experienced the driving seat for the first time while driving !!

Allright that is enough of my driving history. I became an engineer after that and drove our M800 (family car).

We then bought a Swift (D) when I started working, and M800 became the second car.
Buying the swift is a chamatkari experience. I'll open a new thread on it. The Swift is close to completing 7 years and has clocked 140000 KMs and counting.

We bought a Beat for my wife when she started working. This is a story in itself too, as we started with an Alto and ended up buying Beat. Expect a thread on it too.

Me and my dad had always thought about owning an SUV some day. Dad liked the Pajero, but is was too much to pay for and we ended up buying a Safari Storme. I'll write another thread on this too.

Well I have many things to share, which obviously can not be done in the introduction thread. So stay tuned for a thread for every car I owned, every thing which I have experienced, experimented and done on my vehicles and every road trip.

A little more about me: I like to stay fit, I run, cycle and lift weight.

Thanks for all the contributors for providing people like me with all the info about automobiles and the things you do, mods and experiences with your vehicles. And finally thank you Moderators.

Cars I/Family has owned so far
1. 98 M800 (Now sold)
2. 08 Swift (D) Vdi
3. Beat (P) LT
4. Safari Storme EX

Two wheelers:
1. LML Vespa Select
2. 06 Puldar 150
3. Firefox Rapid :-)

I guess that is it for now. Enjoy people !!
Attached Thumbnails
Hello diesel-heads & petrol-heads!-dsc00287-2.jpg  

Hello diesel-heads & petrol-heads!-dsc_0363.jpg  

Hello diesel-heads & petrol-heads!-img_20131006_151719.jpg  

Hello diesel-heads & petrol-heads!-20140103_165826.jpg  

Hello diesel-heads & petrol-heads!-shashwat.jpg  

v_safari is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th February 2015, 13:03   #2
BHPian

re: Hello diesel-heads & petrol-heads!

Quote:
Originally Posted by v_safari View Post
Hello All,

My parents tell me that I was very obsessed with trains, and I used to dance and jump in excitement everytime our black and white TV showed train.

Well I have many things to share, which obviously can not be done in the introduction thread. So stay tuned for a thread for every car I owned, every thing which I have experienced, experimented and done on my vehicles and every road trip.
Hey welcome to the forums. I myself am addicted to trains. There is something magical about a train engine rolling out of the station with horn blaring. How I wish we could own a personal train engine and go on trips

Look forward to reading about your car experiments. Cheers!
heydj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2015, 15:24   #3
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hello diesel-heads & petrol-heads!

Really great to have you on board! I can genuinely sense your excitement on joining the forums.

Quote:
We then bought a Swift (D) when I started working, and M800 became the second car.
Buying the swift is a chamatkari experience. I'll open a new thread on it. The Swift is close to completing 7 years and has clocked 140000 KMs and counting.

We bought a Beat for my wife when she started working. This is a story in itself too, as we started with an Alto and ended up buying Beat. Expect a thread on it too.

Me and my dad had always thought about owning an SUV some day. Dad liked the Pajero, but is was too much to pay for and we ended up buying a Safari Storme. I'll write another thread on this too.
Great to know that you already have multiple threads in mind. Looking forward to them and exploring the story behind each thread.
Tushar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2015, 22:02   #4
BHPian

Welcome to the Team-BHP family. Couldn't stop myself from complimenting on the beat. That's a dashing color you've selected. I've seen many blue beats but don't know why this colour is looking fab, different from the others.
Enjoy your stay here.

Regards,
Swapnil
Swapnil_Alto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2015, 12:55   #5
BHPian

Thank you people for the warm welcome.

@Swapnil_Alto: Yes the beat looks great in Blue. My wife had made clear that whatever car we buy, it had to be blue
Old 7th March 2015, 13:13   #6
Team-BHP Support

I am looking forward for the ownership threads you have promised to share with us. It will be a nice experience to know your views on a Swift at those kilometers, that cute little Beat and the Storme. You got the Storme in one of its nicest color available.

BTW, please get rid of that bull bar. Besides looking hideous, it is dangerous and may end up harming more than doing good.