Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2015, 15:37   #1
BHPian

Hello Team-BHP

Hello all,

First of all sorry for not introducing myself when I joint back in January. When I got my membership approved I started posting right away completely forgetting I need to introduce myself to all you people . Realized this a week ago but haven't had a lot of time due to work.

My name is Swamy and live in Bangalore. I am a software engineer by profession and my interest in cars was sparked off in US when I bought my Honda Accord(a car I can never forget). Returned to India in 1998 and bought a Zen which is still with me after 16 years and 1.63 lakh km's( no engine rebuild, no suspension work has been done till now and all the SA's I have approached say the same, might get it done myself after 10k km's more) and bought a Honda City ( has ran only 21,000 in 4 years) in 2011 when I felt the Zen was not safe for highway use especially after a minor accident on the highway. Ownership reviews of both my cars will be coming up soon. I was introduced to Team BHP by my elder son who is also an auto enthusiast(actually more enthusiastic than me). My hobbies include Photography and watching Star Trek. Thanks to the Moderators' Team for accepting me in the very first try.

I am thankful to all the Moderators for all the work they do. I guess that's it for now.

Thank you!

Last edited by GTO : 4th March 2015 at 12:13. Reason: No acronyms when referring to cars please. Welcome
swamyzen is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2015, 17:16   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hello Team-BHP

A very warm welcome to Swamyzen from sourabhzen. I am glad that we both share the same 'TBHP' surname.

Though I never owned a zen, I always wanted it to buy one as I am a great fan of it jellybean shape. They replaced the beautiful car with a boxed shaped avatar by the time I had enough money to buy one and that pushed me to get a Swift instead.

I will eagerly wait to read the ownership review of your Zen in coming days.
sourabhzen is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2015, 20:35   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
A very warm welcome to Swamyzen from sourabhzen. I am glad that we both share the same 'TBHP' surname.
Sourabhzen, your TBHP name was an inspiration for mine. I was pondering over it when I saw one of your posts and thought swamyzen would be nice and hence we share the same surname . Yep even I feel Maruti Suzuki killed the name of Zen by making that box on wheels by the name Zen Estilo ( no offence to owners of Estilo). They are two very different cars. While the Zen was strictly for enthusiasts and not for people looking for space and boot space the Estilo is the opposite. It would be nice if they just called the Zen Estilo as Estilo.
swamyzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2015, 12:18   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Welcome Swamy! It's nice to have you with us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamyzen View Post
I was introduced to Team BHP by my elder son who is also an auto enthusiast(actually more enthusiastic than me).
What's your son's handle here? Or did you become a BHPian before him

Quote:
Thanks to the Moderators' Team for accepting me in the very first try.
Thank you for writing crisp, clear notes and making it easy for us . Ideally, we'd approve 100% of the applications that come in. However, we just wish that everyone paid attention to the 3 notes on the registration form. We're incredibly serious about them.
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th March 2015, 12:34   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Welcome Swamy! Nice to have you on board!

Will be looking forward to the ownership report of your Zen as I am myself a fan of the jelly bean Zen and own it for quite some time now.

I will be particularly waiting for your report as I have myself thought multiple times to write an ownership report of my Zen, but then there is not much in it except that it just runs, runs and runs. No issues ever (though our running is less, but it has been with us for 12+ years!), so don't know what to write! Perfect example of fill it, shut it and forget it! Will be nice to have your insight too.

Enjoy your stay!

Regards,
Saket

Last edited by saket77 : 4th March 2015 at 12:35.
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2015, 16:36   #6
BHPian

Welcome onboard Swamy! Enjoy your stay here Sir!

I am a huge fan of the jelly bean Zen myself! In fact, it was my first 'dream' car. Though my dream car list gets updated each day(Recent Update: 1500 BHP Koenigsegg Regera), the Zen is still in it. I was in tears when a fellow BHPian sold his Zen and bought himself a Tata Zest. Looking forward to your ownership review.

Keep revvin'
petrolhead_neel

Last edited by petrolhead_neel : 4th March 2015 at 16:42.
petrolhead_neel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2015, 16:45   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Welcome Swamy! It's nice to have you with us.
Thanks for the warm welcome GTO. My son is not yet there on Team BHP. He wants to join after he finishes 12th otherwise he will be reading and posting on Team BHP more than reading his textbooks' . Sorry for the mistake in the first post GTO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Welcome Swamy! Nice to have you on board!

Will be looking forward to the ownership report of your Zen as I am myself a fan of the jelly bean Zen and own it for quite some time now.

I will be particularly waiting for your report as I have myself thought multiple times to write an ownership report of my Zen, but then there is not much in it except that it just runs, runs and runs. No issues ever (though our running is less, but it has been with us for 12+ years!), so don't know what to write! Perfect example of fill it, shut it and forget it! Will be nice to have your insight too.
Thanks for the warm welcome Saket77. Nice to see another Zen enthusiast. Yes I totally agree with you on the example of fill it, shut it, forget it. I have had a few problems but all were due to either my mistake or mechanics or normal wear and tear. I will give more details about it in the ownership thread.
swamyzen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2015, 18:21   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamyzen View Post
My hobbies include Photography and watching Star Trek.
Hey Swamy welcome. Its good to have another Treky among us. Live long, prosper, and see you around the forums. Cheers!
heydj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2015, 21:07   #9
BHPian

Thanks petrolhead_neel and heydj for the warm welcome. petrolhead_neel nice to hear that you are a big fan of the jellybean Zen, I guess the car you were referring to is vasanthn21's. If he had put it in TBHP Classifieds I would have asked my brother to check it out, he wants a Zen for city use in Mysore. heydj I have the full collection of next generation series
Old 4th March 2015, 22:15   #10
BHPian

Dear Swamy,

Welcome to the Team.

All this while, I used to be happy thinking that I have made it to the forum, on my 2nd attempt. And here you come and blow it away!

See you around.
sandip is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed