Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2015, 23:20   #1
BHPian

Hello

Hi Folks
A noob, newbie, and an oldie has dared to venture into a world where he dreaded to tread. I was a hesitant driver, caught in a warp, due to the crazy sense of driving ethics you see around and being fooled into believing you have something termed as "road" to drive on; leave alone being honked at while waiting at a red. Another reason was due to the endangers of driving in restricted areas which psyched me.. Sauntered into the showroom with the family to have a look at the new Amaze then.
That seeded the thought to look out for a new car, and was when I accidentally bumped into this forum. As usual, I browsed into all the reviewes seen on the net, but somehow "Team BHP" stood out in my mind, for the impartial and detailed reviews.
Got hooked onto the forum since then and have been a silent stalker, and more of addict now.
I must admit that the rich unbiased reviews and vast content from you enthusiasts has not only enhanced my knowledge, but given me an insight into what I have missed.

Yeah, I enjoy driving "more"after I got hooked onto "Team BHP"

About myself - A native of "God's own country" born, brought up and settled in Mumbai. Family of wife, daughter and son, and yeah my mother.

What I Do - Am in the aviation industry and have been associated with it for all my career.

Hobbies - Had a lot in my hey days. Now it's more of reading. Anything that interests my psyche, from news to fiction and philosophy. Maybe more!

My rides - The ubiquitous Kinetic Honda then, until the bout of spondilitis.
In hibernation thereafter due priorities.
Swift in 2005. Ahh just loved it then.

Polo 1.2 petrol highline in 2013 as had enough of the rattles from the swift.

Polo GT TSI since December 14 as I never forgave myself for ignoring it then.

Enjoying my ride and yes, it is an addiction. You never feel like getting
out.

I thank the moderators for having me in, on the first attempt.
Look forward to for a fruitful journey within this community.

Be good, do good, feel good.
Vishyvish is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th March 2015, 11:39   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hello

Welcome Vishy, that's a lovely intro.

Unlike you, when I joined team-bhp driving actually became more stressful than before. I heard every little rattle, every little noise in my car and feared that those were symptoms of a much bigger problem

And then I got used to it......

Again, welcome onboard and do give the forum rules a read before proceeding to the main forum. See you around !
Eddy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th March 2015, 15:34   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi Vishyvish and welcome to the forum!

I'm not surprised you got approved at first shot given your entertaining and lucid writing style . Look forward to many reports and travelogues from your side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishyvish View Post
Polo 1.2 petrol highline in 2013 as had enough of the rattles from the swift.

Polo GT TSI since December 14 as I never forgave myself for ignoring it then.
This is a story that needs telling. Did you sell the earlier Polo or hand it down to someone else to use? I have a 4-year old Vento AT (1.6L NA engine with torque convertor) and have often felt an itch to upgrade to its current avatar (1.2 TSI with DSG) but somehow it never seemed to make sense! Would love to hear your take...
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2015, 20:11   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishyvish View Post
Hi Folks

I thank the moderators for having me in, on the first attempt.
Welcome!. Reading your post I could see flair for writing, so now wonder

Rattles in Swift, what am I missing here? I own a swift and never heard a single rattle except when pumping the bass so loud that the window glasses making their own music.
Old 14th March 2015, 14:11   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Welcome Vishy, that's a lovely intro.

Unlike you, when I joined team-bhp driving actually became more stressful than before. I heard every little rattle, every little noise in my car and feared that those were symptoms of a much bigger problem

And then I got used to it......

Again, welcome onboard and do give the forum rules a read before proceeding to the main forum. See you around !
Thanks buddy for the warm welcome. Yeah will definitely take a stop once again at the forum rules.

Regards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Hi Vishyvish and welcome to the forum!

I'm not surprised you got approved at first shot given your entertaining and lucid writing style . Look forward to many reports and travelogues from your side.

This is a story that needs telling. Did you sell the earlier Polo or hand it down to someone else to use? I have a 4-year old Vento AT (1.6L NA engine with torque convertor) and have often felt an itch to upgrade to its current avatar (1.2 TSI with DSG) but somehow it never seemed to make sense! Would love to hear your take...
Merci Noopster for the warm welcome. As for joining this forum, had started at the registration but somehow something held me back. Everything has a time, folklore says. So be it.

I too had an eye on the Vento TSI, however there were no test mules available for both the Polo and Vento. Hence had a complete rundown yet again on the relevant thread in this forum and took a decision.

The DSG is just fantastic, but would have preferred a stronger mill under the hood of the Vento. I feel you could wait and watch as VW seems to often change their engine options.

regards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydj View Post
Welcome!. Reading your post I could see flair for writing, so now wonder

Rattles in Swift, what am I missing here? I own a swift and never heard a single rattle except when pumping the bass so loud that the window glasses making their own music.
No offense buddy to any Swift owners. It was, and is a gem of a vehicle. Maybe I was a bit unlucky as had to change the brake calipers thrice, reason advised by the SA then was that this problem existed for owners residing in the Western Suburbs of Mumbai due to the roads. Had rattles on the door and creaks from the AC compressor from the fourth year. Though service was done regularly these issues kept cropping.

As for the writing, thanks for the compliment which went unnoticed.
I do ponder, and send some of the renderings to ones i feel close.
Some hit the target and others go as bouncers !!!

Regards.
Vishyvish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2015, 18:55   #6
Senior - BHPian

Welcome and wishing you an enjoyable journey here at Team BHP.

We are one big crazy family living and breathing anything that runs on wheels and has an engine in between.

Do read the rules and reach out to us for any assistance.
Old 19th March 2015, 20:10   #7
BHPian

Thanks buddy for the warm welcome. Oh yes, will once again go through the rules, but hey, ain't I getting muddled up in the midst of appraisals!!!
Need to keep my head in place.
Old 23rd March 2015, 21:11   #8
BHPian

To wrap up my introduction, a pondering of a thoughtful mind..

To be or not to be within Team BHP, was the question on hold
I had to make up my mind, if I would be accepted within the fold
Being hesitant, and in a quandary I let it go
As I never wanted, to feel an outsider, being old.
Would I be considered as within the family of the forum,
That's what kept me guessing, the mind in a conundrum.
Having taken the plunge, where do I see myself to be,
A mixed feeling; rather hesitant, but forge ahead with glee..
Taking the leap as I have had, what's in store ahead.
Does not matter, as long as I enjoy the stay, where I dreaded to tread!!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks