Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2015, 10:47   #1
BHPian

Hello everyone!

Hi everyone!
I am Shobhit and i am glad to be a part of this prestigious automotive community. I am a proud owner of Ritz ZDi (New Breeze Blue) which was purchased just a few months back.

Hope to have a great journey on this forum!

Regards
shobhitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2015, 10:48   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hello everyone!

Hey, welcome aboard Shobhit !

The intro is too short man, we'd love to know more about you.

And please do give the team-bhp rules a read before you proceed to the main forum.

See you around !
Eddy is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 18th March 2015, 11:33   #3
BHPian

Hi Eddy. Thanks for the warm welcome!

Right so here goes the detailed intro :-

Our journey started with Padmini Fiat somewhere around in the late 80s. We did not have much choice in those days and this car used to be THE CAR to look out for! The built of the car was solid, the seats very comfortable and it could do 80 km/h! I must say that the steering wheel attached-gear shift mechanism was the work of a genius! Not only was it practical in its usage, it also allowed for 3 persons (including the driver) to easily settle on the front seats.

Then came the era of santros and wagonrs! This happened, i think somewhere around in the late 90s. We bought a shiny new WagonR LD. The shift from Fiat to WagonR was substantial! It was like as if we were behind the steering wheel of a Ferrari! I really mean it! No wonder we used it passionately for 15 long years. We sold it only a few months back for a pretty descent price. In the offer AD we had mentioned that 'The test drive would make you feel as if it is only an year old!' And believe me the prospective buyers who took a test ride (along with a Maruti technician) of it literally admitted this fact with a big smile!

We had to let it go for 3 main reasons:

1. 1stly the traffic in my city has gone from bad to worse. Power steering had become a necessity especially when you are mostly driving under 25-30 kms/h!

2. As it was a petrol car, the average was not upto the mark. it used to give around 11-12 km/litre. I have to travel a lot in the city and when you add the higher petrol prices than diesel then it used to pinch me.

3. And lastly the car was 15 years old!

So we finally thought of switching to a diesel car with power steering. And after much thought we finally settled for the all new Ritz ZDi

It has everything which we had wanted be it the looks, the features, the seats, the pickup, the mileage, everything! We simply love it!

Well this had been our journey so far.

I am happy to be a part of this forum and I hope to have an exciting stay here with all you guys!

Last edited by Eddy : 18th March 2015 at 11:58. Reason: Extra smilieys
shobhitk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th March 2015, 12:00   #4
Team-BHP Support

As I said Shobhit, please go through the rules. Not more than two smilies per post are allowed so your post had to be edited.

And yes, 15 years is a goof enough time with a car, and the Ritz is a good practical replacement.
Eddy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2015, 12:15   #5
BHPian

oops! i had read the rule but it just slipped. Thanks for the correction.
Old 23rd March 2015, 12:35   #6
Team-BHP Support

Hi Shobhit,

Welcome to Team-BHP. The Ritz ZDi is a pretty good choice. It is easy to punt around in the city, quite frugal and funky looking. We look forward to a review from you.

Trust you have gone through our posting rules.

See you on the forum.
Aditya is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2015, 08:27   #7
BHPian

Very true. I'll be happy to post a review of my Ritz ZDi. Will take out some time for it on the weekend and share it with you all.

and yes i have gone through the posting rules especially the 2 smiley one
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks