Team-BHP - Entry of an enthusiast who is yet to learn to drive properly
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Introduce yourself (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   Entry of an enthusiast who is yet to learn to drive properly (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/161739-entry-enthusiast-who-yet-learn-drive-properly.html)

Hi everyone,
To introduce myself, i am 24 years old, working in the department of posts, government of India. I came to know about team bhp through a post in Facebook and from that day onwards if i had an internet connection available there was not even a single day where i haven't visited team bhp.

Unlike the vast majority of members here who are highly knowledgeable about vehicles, let that be cars, bikes or even Aeroplanes and ships i am someone who possesses the least amount of knowledge.

Then, why am i here...? the answer is exactly what i have said in my previous paragraph. The knowledge bank that team bhp has is priceless. As i have been a lurking in the forum for a long time now on a daily basis, my perspective about cars have changed. And i have learned a lot from the posts i have gone through in this forum. And those things have helped me to share those with my friends which was beneficial to then while they were buying their cars and they are really thankful to team bhp.

Do I have any vehicle at the moment?

Yes, currently i own a gearless scooter, the suzuki swish 125, which is about 2 years and 20000km old. I stay in a remote village in kerala, and in my place even a two wheeler is luxury, and the number of cars in my locality can be counted with fingers in one hand and i am about to increase that count now.
Yes i am going to buy a car. More about that later.
And now that i have my membership request got approved, i see it as a good omen. After all, not everyone gets a membership in a forum like this. And this was my second request for a membership and i feel privileged to be part of a community like this. Thank you moderator who approved my request, and thanks to everyone else for being part of such a wonderful group.
I hope I can keep up the good standards in here.

Dear Dwarf

That is a very nice intro.
It is always good to know that the Forum entices one and all from all corners of the globe.

Pls. go through the Forum rules of posting and look forward to knowing more about you, your location and automotive interests.

Welcome to the forum! clap: Indeed it is a vast bank of information and I hope to see you around in the near future. Will gladly help answer your queries if it is in my capacity to do so, if not, there are tons of other members here who won't let you down.

Cheers!

Welcome aboard magic.dwarf!

Quote:

Originally Posted by magic.dwarf (Post 3666011)
Unlike the vast majority of members here who are highly knowledgeable about vehicles, let that be cars, bikes or even Aeroplanes and ships i am someone who possesses the least amount of knowledge.

Well, that just means you have the most value to be gained from Team-BHP :)

Anyway... enough of the small talk. Let's get down to business : please explain your username! :D

See you around,
R

Quote:

Originally Posted by magic.dwarf (Post 3666011)
Hi everyone,
I stay in a remote village in kerala, and in my place even a two wheeler is luxury, and the number of cars in my locality can be counted with fingers in one hand and i am about to increase that count now.
Yes i am going to buy a car. More about that later.

Welcome to the forum. Can you share the name of your village in Kerala where you can count cars in one hand? Would love to escape to such a place from the Bangalore madness where I think if you start counting, you will never finish. Why? Because cars get added on to the road faster than one can count. :D

I had seen a thread you started to which I was responding. By the time I clicked submit, the thread had disappeared. Did you remove it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rajeevraj (Post 3667161)
Welcome to the forum. Can you share the name of your village in Kerala where you can count cars in one hand? Would love to escape to such a place from the Bangalore madness where I think if you start counting, you will never finish. Why? Because cars get added on to the road faster than one can count. :D

I had seen a thread you started to which I was responding. By the time I clicked submit, the thread had disappeared. Did you remove it?

Thank you all. I am a big fan of Bayern Munich and German football in general. Magic.dwarf is the nickname of Philipp Lahm, who captained Germany to WC 2014 victory, so being a big fan of him, i chose to use that as my username.

Welcome Magic.dwarf
Right time to enter the right fold.
Just like @Rejeevraj, am too wondering where you could count cars on your hands!!!
Good place to start owning, learning and trying your hands on the four wheeler you dream to own. All the best and see you around.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rehaan (Post 3667120)
Welcome aboard magic.dwarf!

Well, that just means you have the most value to be gained from Team-BHP :)

Anyway... enough of the small talk. Let's get down to business : please explain your username! :D

See you around,
R

I have explained the username in my previous post, sorry I didn't knew how to use the multi-quote option at that time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vishyvish (Post 3667395)
Welcome Magic.dwarf
Right time to enter the right fold.
Just like @Rejeevraj, am too wondering where you could count cars on your hands!!!
Good place to start owning, learning and trying your hands on the four wheeler you dream to own. All the best and see you around.

Sorry rajeevraj, and and vishy, its not really that good place to start owning and learning and all, the number of cars is too low, but thats not the case with auto rickshaws. The existence of proper roads is still a dream too.

welcome buddy!! All the best and when you learn to drive make sure that you follow all rules from day one. using seatbelts, indicators, traffic sense etc. these are habits which we need to build on. So follow it from day one.:thumbs up