Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2015, 18:45   #1
BHPian

Hello BHPians!

Hello,
This is Jayesh, aged 27 from Pune (Birth and education in Mumbai, so locals can guess which city I will side with when in a debate ). Chemical engineer by qualification and on board the company started by my father. We manufacture certain consumables required by the Automobile paintshop and cater to most of the OEMs in India.
I have always been fascinated with the concept of an automobile and love to read about the new happenings in this field. The quality of information on Team-Bhp made me visit this site repeatedly, but boy I did not know it would take me three attempts for a membership! Happy to be finally here and hope to learn and contribute some to the community.

Apart from automobiles I am into fitness and visit the gymnasium not just as a new year resolution. Oh I am a foodie too!

The cars we have previously owned -
Fiat (Premier)Padmini in the 90s, Hyundai Santro, Hyundai Getz, Opel Corsa 1.4 petrol

Currently owned -
Hyundai Verna 1.6 Crdi, VW Vento 1.2 TSI, VW Polo 1.2, WagonR

It would be unfair to leave my Thunderbird 500 without a mention, a heart over head decision I am proud of.

We have been Hyundai loyalists till we purchased the polo and the Vento. Now we simply swear by the quality of German automobiles. Along with brand value, a substantial weightage is given to fuel efficiency while choosing a car as work involves a lot of travelling by road. If things go as planned, the next practical update will be the Jetta 2.0 TDI automatic. (Oh and if things are better than planned I would jump at the opportunity and get the Octavia 1.8 TSI)

On an end note, It is nice to know about Mr. BD, the man behind an amazing Vehicle called 'Thar', being actively involved in the community. Since I started visiting this community my interest and knowledge on 4x4 vehicles and their potential has increased multiple folds. A wishful thinking makes me want to buy the Thar Crde 4x4 and modify it to make it the perfect vehicle I would own.

Cheers!

JB
jay3sh is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2015, 13:33   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hello BHPians!

Welcome to the forums Jayesh, glad to have you on board!

It's great to know about your work background and I'm sure a lot of people would benefit from your inputs. Your past, present and future vehicle wishlist is quite varied and I'd definitely recommend giving ownership reviews a shot.

Own a TBTS 350 myself and it is indeed a heart over head decision. You pay for it at times, but well worth it.

See you around!
Old 7th April 2015, 11:01   #3
BHPian

Welcome!

Good to have another foodie on-board. Do post about your favorite restaurant in the forums here.

See you around. Cheers!
Old 18th April 2015, 14:59   #4
BHPian

Thank you Tushar & heydj. It will be a pleasure to share my knowledge here. Honestly though, with the ocean of talent and knowledge available here I assume it will be more of knowledge gaining than sharing
Yes, I would love to prepare an ownership review of the Verna.

@heydij Its been a year and half I have shifted to Pune form Mumbai. Me and wifey try out new places to eat at every opportunity we get. Is there a thread for local food joints over here?
Old 18th April 2015, 17:44   #5
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay3sh View Post
Its been a year and half I have shifted to Pune form Mumbai. Me and wifey try out new places to eat at every opportunity we get. Is there a thread for local food joints over here?
There you go- http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...-out-pune.html

Welcome to the forum

Asit
asit.kulkarni93 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2015, 10:44   #6

Welcome JB! A fellow Getz alum! May our tribe increase!
Old 20th April 2015, 12:00   #7
BHPian

@Luckystryker We Sold off the Getz last year after driving for 82000 km. But I will always vouch for the beauty of the 1.3 L petrol hatch with the space of a sedan. Man it was fun to drive!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks