Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2015, 18:57   #1

A proud member, finally!

Greetings fellow members !

After a decade of lurking around the forum as a guest, finally it was time I started contributing to the forum that has enriched me so much.
Born over 3 decades ago in Kolkata, I had spent the last 7 years in Bangalore only to be back home since February 2015.
My "roti-kapda-makaan" is provided by a US based fortune 100 tech giant where I spend my days (and sometime nights) filling up spreadsheets and making jazzy presentations. And that's about it.

To me the job is just a means to meet my primary existential goal - travel.
I currently own a humble 2010 Figo 1.2 Zxi and a not so humble Bullet 350 STD. Thanks to these steeds I have managed to leave tire prints across the country. Notable ones being Ladakh (2009, Bullet), Gurudongmar lake, Sikkim (2007, TVS Apache), Konkan coast trip (2011, Figo), Orissa (2006, TVS Apache)

Being a DIY kind of person, I have amassed a bit of hands on technical knowledge especially when it comes to the Bullet. One temperamental lady she is. My previous rides started off with a Bajaj M80 (2stroke - 3 speed), Bajaj Caliber 115, TVS Apache 150 (1st model).
Learnt to drive 15 years back on a 1962 Fiat 1100D (suicide doors) with a 8 inch play in the steering ! But the engine pretty much made of for it.
Riding training started at the same time on dad's Rajdoot 175 (3 speed).
Since then have driven extensively driven a 1st Gen Tata Sumo, India DLE V2, Sumo Grande and Sumo Gold. Yes, you guess it right - my family has a noticeable affinity to all things Tata.

Well, that pretty much sums it up for me. Coming days would see me start contributing to the active discussions to the best of my knowledge.
Mod Team : Thanks for letting me be a part of this community. This is going to be a life changer for sure.

Last edited by Rsen : 1st April 2015 at 19:05. Reason: Typo
Rsen is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st April 2015, 19:38   #2
BHPian

re: A proud member, finally!

Welcome onboard, Rsen! It will be interesting to see travelogues from the wonderful trips you have taken thus far (I am specifically interested in Gurudongmar since it is a hidden desire deep down in my heart too). Hope to see you during one of the future Team-BHP Kolkata meets.

Last edited by psurelia : 1st April 2015 at 19:39. Reason: Spelling correction
psurelia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2015, 20:15   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsen View Post
Learnt to drive 15 years back on a 1962 Fiat 1100D (suicide doors) with a 8 inch play in the steering ! But the engine pretty much made of for it.
Riding training started at the same time on dad's Rajdoot 175 (3 speed).
Since then have driven extensively driven a 1st Gen Tata Sumo, India DLE V2, Sumo Grande and Sumo Gold. Yes, you guess it right - my family has a noticeable affinity to all things Tata.
Must correct you a bit- Since it was a Suicide-Door Model- and a 1962, then it would be Select- or a Super Select. 1962 was a changeover year actually, and we see examples of both- Selects; and Super Select's from that year.

The FIAT 1100D (the 'D' stood for 'Delight!'- incidentally! ) was only first seen in the 1964-65 model year.

About the engine- yeah- It *is* an absolute gem. Revv happy. Really! And that column shift- oh goodness!

Feels like a hot knife through butter, at times actually. Yesterday my 1100D's radiator started leaking. Damn- I thought. 5 minutes of peeking about the bonnet- and I realized one thing.

The radiator didn't leak- It had overflowed. I had filled up some water- and it expanded as the engine warmed up- naturally. I notice that your car had an 'eight inch play'. XD. Do you still retain the car?

We share some automotive 'tastes' I see.

Welcome aboard- And see ya about!

Last but not the least- Do refer to the rules! Link: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announ...e-posting.html

And as they like to say here- Keep Revvin! (**But just don't blow that engine out- For goodness sake!**)

Last edited by FINTAIL : 1st April 2015 at 20:23.
FINTAIL is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2015, 20:23   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by psurelia View Post
Welcome onboard, Rsen! It will be interesting to see travelogues from the wonderful trips you have taken thus far (I am specifically interested in Gurudongmar since it is a hidden desire deep down in my heart too). Hope to see you during one of the future Team-BHP Kolkata meets.
Thanks psurelia. I will definitely share a writeup on the Sikkim trip. It was 8 years back so not sure if the team-bhp rules allow me to post such a delayed trip log. And yes, I would definitely want to be a part of the T-BHP Kolkata meets.

@ FINTAIL : You are correct, it might have been '65. The RC book used to be a faded and tattered paper one and we were never really sure of the date.
I just loved the car - too bad my folks sold it off sometime around 2001. In fact such was my affinity to the car, that they literally cooked up the deal without my knowledge. Last I heard, the car was scrapped. Spent many a sleepless nights after that.

Regarding 'tastes' - I have a soft corner temperamental old school stuff, like my bullet. Love the Thar for this very reason.

Last edited by Rehaan : 2nd April 2015 at 13:55. Reason: Merging consecutive posts :)
Rsen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2015, 21:36   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsen View Post
Thanks psurelia. I will definitely share a writeup on the Sikkim trip. It was 8 years back so not sure if the team-bhp rules allow me to post such a delayed trip log. And yes, I would definitely want to be a part of the T-BHP Kolkata meets.
Yes, you can post stories of old trips too provided you have adequate details and picture to give it a nice shape.
Old 1st April 2015, 23:15   #6
Team-BHP Support

Welcome Rsen looking forward to your travelogues and NO there is no restrictions of posting from the past. Infact many of us would love to see one such thread.

Have a great stay

Last edited by Eddy : 2nd April 2015 at 13:02. Reason: Corrected typo
Old 1st April 2015, 23:22   #7
BHPian

Welcome onboard another WB BHPian and Bulleteer. Have a nice stay. Too bad that you don't retain the 1100D. I really lust for that car. Hope to meet you on the next Team-BHP meet.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks