Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2015, 17:07   #1
BHPian

Yippee! I am on hyper mode

Am I glad, happy, ecstatic? All of the adjectives will not be sufficient to express my immense satisfaction for making it in. Honestly, I am as happy as I was on the day I got my first pay.

Alright then, I am Sumanth and I have lived my life in Bangalore and can call myself a typical old-time Bangalorean. I have a bachelor’s degree in business administration from Christ College and my daily bread comes from selling petrol and diesel to a lot of automobile drivers/riders in South Bangalore. I run a Bharat Petroleum Retail Outlet which is a ISO certified and fully automated retail outlet in JP Nagar.

My interests include cricket, motor racing, reading, traveling, movies, and music.

It must be the year 2007, when I first heard of Team-BHP from my friend who mentioned to look it up for traveling tips for a drive to Goa, and from then on I have been hooked to this site for most of automobile related information. Initially, it never occurred to me on joining the forum, and till mid-2008 never seriously thought of posting. I did became a member and would only browse through the various threads. It started growing on me and eventually while reading some of the posts clicked on the quote, new reply button which did not work, and I got a message which stated that I did not have right to post. Alas, disappointment would be the least that could be expressed about my feeling on that moment, and I went all over the site to figure out how to get the posting rights. Thus, began my saga which got completed just couple of days back when I read a mail which said that my registration is APPROVED. It took four attempts over the past seven years to get here and every time I failed, I would sit sad for at least a week brooding over it and trying to find out what would have made these guys to approve me and would come back again and try only to fail. I stopped trying for a couple of years in between but the desire was not to recede and I tried again in 2012 when I picked up my Skoda Yeti. I failed again and the disappointment kept me away from trying again for a year or so. I tried again in 2014 and did not make it but anyways it is all wiped clean with my induction now.

My garage started with my father’s Vijay Super and Bajaj Super which got gifted to me on my completion of Higher Secondary. My first bike was a Hero Honda CD 100SS after my completion of 12th which was not what I desired but eventually carried my dreams and my first date was on that bike. I moved to Bajaj Kawasaki RTZ which was with me for 14 years till I gave it up for a Bajaj Pulsar 150 ES. While I was biking, my family picked up an Amby in which we travelled as a family till my father picked up a Maruthi van. It was a rage and I still remember we had visitors to my place for months only to check out the van as it was recently launched and everyone wanted to know how and what’s of it. Driving an Amby required muscles and Maruthi would require just a finger to drive; wow! It was extraordinary experience. Our other cars during the 90s were a Maruthi 800, Tata Sumo, and the unforgettable Hyundai Santro.

Our Current Cars are (2003) Maruthi 800, (2006) Fiesta, (2014) Honda Amaze, and my prized possession (2012) Skoda Yeti.
Oh boy! I am looking forward to the new journey with Team-BHP what with all of the brilliant and passionate blokes and their immense knowledge about men, machines, and skill-sets, which they have been sharing with all of us and educating us immensely

Finally, I thank Team-BHP mods for finally let me in this wonderful forum and giving me a platform to share my experiences and contribute whatever I can to the betterment and safety of the driving enthusiasts.
sumzup is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2015, 20:01   #2
BHPian

Re: Yippee! I am on hyper mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumzup View Post
It took four attempts over the past seven years to get here and every time I failed, I would sit sad for at least a week brooding over it and trying to find out what would have made these guys to approve me and would come back again and try only to fail.
Hey welcome to the club.

Brooding for a week, seriously man that's too less

Enjoy your stay here and see you around the forums.

Cheers!

Last edited by heydj : 2nd April 2015 at 20:03.
Old 2nd April 2015, 20:36   #3
BHPian

Nice intro and welcome on board, fellow Banglorean! You like cricket, motor sport and reading? We ought to bump into each other at a Bangalore meet. Oh, and you should add 'waiting in traffic jams' to your list of interests

Quite a long list of cars you've owned. The Yeti is my personal favourite. It's an amazingly talented yet underrated car. I'd love to hear about your experience with the beast.

Most important, remember to abide by the rules, and enjoy as the expert let loose their knowledge!

Have a lovely stay.

Last edited by Turbo_asd : 2nd April 2015 at 20:37.
Old 2nd April 2015, 21:09   #4
BHPian

Thanks guys. Sure we will bump as early. Will share my journeys'.
I carry at least three to five pounds of bread for all the jams 😉
Old 2nd April 2015, 22:51   #5
Senior - BHPian

Warm welcome. Perhaps, you could be the first fuel retailer in the forum.
Hope that a Team-Bhp sticker would soon find a way into the cabin glass.
Old 3rd April 2015, 09:04   #6
BHPian

Hi rajeev thanks, it has been the only stickon on all our cars and mighty proud abt it.
Old 4th April 2015, 13:04   #7
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Welcome Sumzup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumzup View Post
I have a bachelor’s degree in business administration from Christ College
Sweet! I was part of the education industry and had heard good things about Christ University's business programs.

Quote:
my daily bread comes from selling petrol and diesel to a lot of automobile drivers/riders in South Bangalore. I run a Bharat Petroleum Retail Outlet which is a ISO certified and fully automated retail outlet in JP Nagar.
A lovely thread that you might be interested in - link. If you have any info to share, please post on that thread .

See you around!
Old 4th April 2015, 15:37   #8
BHPian

Thanks chief. Will surely in the days to come.

Last edited by Aditya : 5th April 2015 at 13:24. Reason: Typo
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks