Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2015, 14:10   #1
aj7

Hello BHPians!!

Hello BHPians,

Its feels wonderful to be here. I got approved by the Mods in my second attempt.Thank you.

I am a software consultant from Bangalore. I was reading the forums from 2005 and enjoyed free access to unbiased & honest information which is very rare these days.
I am into model car collecting. It started when I was a kid and was hooked.
The result is a 1000+ collection in scales 64,43,24,18 and 16. I have cars from Tomica, Kyosho, Autoart,Siku,Matchbox,Hotwheels,Autoworld,Franklin Mint,TSM and Paragon in my collection.

My childhood was spent with a 1973 FIAT 1100D and then a 1988 Premier Padmini Deluxe BE. I wish we had retained the 1100D. I now have a 1:43 model of the 1100D to keep my memories alive.

My current car is a Hyundai Accent GLS. I had read the review in teamBHP. I walked into the showroom, walked to the desk, mentioned GLS, the colour and booked it. No test drive.It took only ten minutes. And my trust on TeamBHP has paid off tremendously.I love the car.

I also have a model railroad collection which was featured in Deccan Herald.

I have continued my other childhood hobby - Philately.The culmination of two of my hobbies is a stamp collection on automotive history.

My dream car from the current selection is the Audi RS7, a fantastic amalgamation of Power,Luxury and Design. My dream car from the past is the Mercedes 600 - what a presence.

I was married exactly one year after TeamBHP went live..and we having been having a lot of long drives together. She has been a great support to pursue my hobbies. I will be turning a year older in another 10 days and the family does not have to scratch their heads for the gift...what else- a model car!

I look forward to quench my thirst for car knowledge from you guys.

Thanks a lot,
Aj7
aj7 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th April 2015, 14:49   #2
BHPian

Re: Hello BHPians!!

Welcome on board sir! Wishing you a lovely stay here. Nice intro.

Catch the rules here and abide by them like your life depends on it

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj7 View Post
I have continued my other childhood hobby - Philately.The culmination of two of my hobbies is a stamp collection on automotive history.
Oooh! I love philately too! But I haven't yet got my hands on automotive related stamps. I do have a couple of Lankan stamps with locomotives though.
Please do enlighten us on your collection.

See you around in the forum!
Old 14th April 2015, 16:15   #3
BHPian

Re: Hello BHPians!!

Welcome to the forums Aj7.

Hope to see your collection of the scale models soon. This is the thread for you http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...el-thread.html

Cheers!
Old 15th April 2015, 11:53   #4
aj7

Thank you for the warm welcome, Turbo_asd. I am going through the rules now. I will post the stamps on cars in the near future.

Regards,
Aj7

Hello navsjab,

Thank you. I will talk about my collection on the scale model thread.
I am excited and looking forward to a great time here .

Regards,
Aj7

Last edited by GTO : 15th April 2015 at 12:42. Reason: Merging back to back posts
aj7 is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks