Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2015, 15:16   #1

Hello From Me!

Hello everyone. Although I've been following threads on team-bhp and also referring to it for all my long-distance drives since 2007/08 (since I started working in the automotive industry would be more precise ), its only now that I've made an attempt to actually become a member. Better late than never, I'm more than delighted to be a part of it.

I am Arif, based in Chennai. After completing mechanical engineering in 2007, I worked as a Research Analyst for powertrain technologies at a US-based consulting company in Chennai. Around 3.5 years later, I quit and moved to the UK to do MBA. Back in India since 2012, and working with Ford as a Senior Analyst for Long-Term Volumes Planning. Although I did make an attempt to find a job at a place with a cooler climate after my return from MBA, "Namma Chennai" wouldn't really let go of me! No complaints though, every place has the good and the bad, and I'm happy to be here. So that's a bit about my educational and professional background.

Having been passionate about cars from a very young age, there's no doubt that nothing interests me more than it. I drive a 2013 Ford Figo diesel which is just over 2 years old. Liking it and going good so far with the car. I've owned a Hyundai Santro (2004 MY) previously, one which I purchased second-hand in 2008 and sold before leaving for my Master's.

Travelling is something else that I really enjoy doing. Although I prefer going around with myself behind the wheel, I wouldn't complain if someone else had to drive, or if I had to opt for other means of transport. Have done a few trips in South India to Calicut / Wayanad / Masinagudi from Chennai (all separate trips at different times) after getting the Figo. Also drive to Bangalore once in a couple of months to meet friends there. I hope to clock many more miles sometime in the near future since I have a long list of to-visit places to be ticked off.

Once more, glad to be on the forum and I'm looking forward to a "high revving" time on team-bhp.
arif_ford is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th May 2015, 15:43   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hello From Me!

Welcome to the forums Arif, glad to have you on board! Always great to have someone from the industry on the forums. Given Ford's future plans, your timing with regard to joining the forums couldn't be better. You can be assured of some non-stop discussions on the Figos, new Endeavour and even the Mustang in the coming months.

Looking forward to your inputs and insights!
Old 8th May 2015, 14:53   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arif_ford View Post
Hello everyone. ....
Welcome on board arif_ford !

So finally the T-BHP sticker on your car becomes valid
fiat_tarun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2015, 15:17   #4
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to the forum Arif. Avid travelers find themselves right at home here, with plenty of travelogues and information about places you've planned. Do ensure to write some travelogues of your own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arif_ford View Post
working with Ford as a Senior Analyst for Long-Term Volumes Planning.
Interesting. If its not classified information, we would really like to know what are Ford India's plans for Long-Term Volumes?
Old 8th May 2015, 17:24   #5

Thank you all for the warm welcome and yes, I'm looking forward to contribute more to the forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by predatorwheelz View Post
Interesting. If its not classified information, we would really like to know what are Ford India's plans for Long-Term Volumes?
predatorwheelz, we do have a lot of news out already on the expected models which makes it evident about the commitment to our market. Exciting road ahead!!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks