Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2015, 05:21   #1

Really! I am introducing myself here :)

I am just ecstatic to introduce myself here.

I am Sid from Bay Area, CA. I used to be in Bangalore and moved here last year. A software engineer by profession and car+bike guy at heart. Even though I am a big fan of autos and machines in general and keep reading about it even if I don't have much real world experience with those. I have been reading and following team-bhp for 8yrs now and have tried for membership in the past with no approval.

My current drive is a Mazda in US and find it more satisfying than Honda, Toyota, Hyundai, Nissan, etc. which were in my budget. I love their cars and really happy for them to learn that they are getting into a strategic alliance with the big brother Toyota. That can help both the companies.

In general, I like hatchbacks over sedans, wagons over crossovers, drive feel/fun over raw power and European car designs over American. Some of Audi cars are my favorite cars for their balance between ride quality and drive, and the timeless beautiful designs. A car which I would buy, if I have more money, is Audi Allroad.

Last edited by moralfibre : 15th May 2015 at 12:24. Reason: Typos
crossx5 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th May 2015, 12:00   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Really! I am introducing myself here :)

Welcome aboard Sid.

Do post some pics of your Mazda and what made you choose it over the others?
Old 15th May 2015, 13:15   #3
Senior - BHPian

Hi Sid,

Welcome to the Team-BHP Community.

Like Tejas@perioimpl even I'm curious to know what made you choose a Mazda over the other Japs or Koreans. Also, I'm assuming the car in contention is a Mazda3 due to your love for hatchbacks, right? Would love to see some pictures of the same.
Old 16th May 2015, 03:40   #4

Hello guys, thanks.

Yes, a Mazda 3 hatchback was my first choice but couldn't get my family to agree on it. Had to upgrade the car in size but with very little change underneath, we were in a CX-5. It was sad that there were not many wagons available in my budget like a Mazda 3 Wagon (more space than the hatchback) which could have been the best car for me.
I test drove other competing crossovers but found CX5 to be the most balanced one for my criteria: looks, drive feel & fun, fuel economy, reliability, and budget. It did beat other popular options in drive feel and looks inside out, which sealed the deal in the end. More or less, it is a jacked up Mazda 3 which is one of the best driving cars for shallow pockets and my personal favorite.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks